Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Girl in Town (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Scarlet Rose

As the matches were set to start, Dynamo had turned to Chill, who had given him some reassurance. He smiled at his new friend with a nod. "The same can be said if I lose to you, Chill. You seem like a really nice guy, as well. Not only that, but you're definitely someone I'd like to hang out with. I haven't met a lot of nice gamer's. They're all about winning and nothing else, to be honest. It's nice to meet someone different for a change."

Dynamo had waited patiently for his turn to arrive in the tournament. Being in the loser's bracket, he knew he could gain any info on the player's. Be it their fighting style, use of character and so on. When it was his turn, he took his seat and took a controller to use. His ears perked as he heard Scarlet was cheering for him. He looked back and grinned, giving her a thumbs up as he was ready. He remembered the training she helped him with, while he began winning his matches. Each opponent he faced was difficult. The reason being that they were knocked into loser's bracket. All the more reason it gave them to fight and claw their way back. With each match, he saw Chill advancing more and more. He smiled as he was proud that his new friend was doing great.

As the tournament was nearing the end, Dynamo had reached the loser's finals. He knew that he had to wait for the winner's finals to be decided, before fighting against one of the competitors. He saw that it was Cheap against Chill. Before the match had started, the owner had made a short announcement. "If Chill is to be defeated here, then he's automatically out. There will be no loser's finals. That's only if Cheap wins this match." Dynamo growled in annoyance at the announcement. 'Of course Cheap would play like that. Who knows what other rules he's changed around. He watched sadly as Cheap had annihilating the competition. To him, it looked like Cheap was just toying with Chill. The end result was a three to nothing victory for Cheap Shot. Thus, eliminating Chill from the tournament. Dynamo frowned as his friend had worked hard to get as far as he did. Only for him to be inches away from victory. He walked up to Chill and placed a comforting hand upon his shoulder. "I'm really sorry that you lost Chill. Even so, you did a really great job. If Cheap wasn't in this tournament, then I have no doubt that it would be you against me." He says, a look of determination was on his face. "Don't worry. I'll make sure I get some much needed payback for you, buddy." He says, while the finals were set to get started. 

@Dynamo Pad

As the tournament went on and Chill made such great progress only to lose, he would sigh "Figures, sometimes I wonder why i bother" he mutters and slumps, but then looks up to Dynamo "Get him good, Dynamo" he says, standing  up "I'm gonna get some sweet relief and see if Scarlet wants a few rounds of Street Fighter or something"  he says going to the counter to get his treats. Meanwhile, Scarlet heard the announcement "I can't believe this is allowed.." she goes over to the flyer on the wall for the tournament "Hmm..I wonder.." she looks at the number to call and dials it. The number was for a complaints line.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo frowned, while his ears folded at the sound of defeat in Chill's voice. "No. Don't say that." He says, shaking his head, before placing his hands upon Chill's shoulders. "That's just the doubt and defeat trying to take over. You are a strong gamer. I can tell because I've watched your fights. You have a lot of talent and I can say that it'd go either way if we battled. Cheap is just a cheater, who doesn't deserve to be called a gamer. I've dealt with his team, so I know how you feel." He says, nodding as Chill would play Street Fighter with Scarlet. "Okay, but I'm here for you, Chill. You're my friend, so nobody should ever have feel kicked, while they are defeated." As he saw Chill walking away, he called out to him with a smile. "How about we play a few games after this. It won't be the same, but we can make it our own Grand Finals."

As Dynamo took his seat for the final match, Cheap took his seat and grinned. "So, it's finally time for us to battle it out. I hope you're ready to lose." Dynamo rolled his eyes and huffed at Cheap's comment. "I was just about to say the same thing. I'll make sure that you regret treating my friends with such disrespect." Cheap waved a hoof in the air as a means to ignore the comment. "However, now that we are on the finale. I do believe that it's time for my final rule to be implemented." Dynamo raised an eyebrow at the sudden news, before narrowing his eyebrows. "What are you up to now, Cheap?" Canteen smiled sheepishly, while trying to look innocent. "Who me? I'm not trying to do anything. However, I can't say the same for you. I saw which characters you played during the tournament. Just for doing that, you are not to use those characters. In fact, I'm going to be the one to pick that character that you will play! That character is none other than the worst character in the game. The one and only, Jigglypuff. True, there is Pichu. However, I've seen others use Pichu to a very skilled level. I can't trust you, so I went with the next best option. Won't that be fun!?" Dynamo couldn't believe the rules Cheap was making up. 'Is this even allowed? He really doesn't have this much power over an arcade and tournament. This is simply unheard of.' He thought as he didn't know if he should go through with these rules. He knew that what Cheap was doing was wrong. However, he didn't have any idea on how to even go against the red earth pony's plans. 

@Dynamo Pad

"Hello, Super Smash Bros. Tournament Commision Line, how can I help you?" the voice on the other end of the line says as the answer came to Scarlet's call. "Ah hello, my name is Scarlet and while I'm not a contestant, two of my good friends are. We have a problem with a fellow contestant cheating by bribing the arcade owner. So far he had bribed his way into the winner's circle automatically, making it so my two friends started on the lowest ranks, despite their progress at other tournaments, and I believe he made it that there are no 'losers' finals and he has also made it so he chooses what characters my other friend plays as. This cannot be legal in the tournament" she explains.

There was silence for a bit and then a sigh "Let me guess, this contestant's name is Cheap Shot?" the operator asks as Scarlet confirms the operator's suspicions "if you have any proof, please send it to this email address, we will call the arcade owner after we review the evidence" the operator says as Scarlet nods "Thank you"

She hangs up and as she had been recording the whole time, sends the videos to the email address, and soon enough, while during the break, an official who was actually in the area had come and had begun discussing things with the arcade owner. 

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE!" The official says loudly, getting everyone's attention.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo knew that he was trying to stall for time. Not that he had a choice, but he knew that his options for the final battle were limited. He sighed as he knew that he had no way out of these battle conditions. He scrolled over to the character, Jigglypuff, before closing his eyes and locking in his character. He didn't hate the character, but he wasn't the best when it came to playing as the character. Cheap grinned as he began to chuckle in his achievements. First, he was able to rig the rules, Next, he was able to cheat some ponies out of a victory. Finally, he was going to take his rival down with all these different settings. He didn't think life could get better than this, in his opinion. "Alright, then. Let's just get this over with, Cheap. I promise that you still won't win this, no matter what." he says, knowing that he'd still give it his all in this tournament.

As the match was about to start, the doors to the arcade had been suddenly barged open. Dynamo looked back to see some ponies, who looked like officials and looked really fancy. Cheap looked back, raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "Oh, great. Even more company to try and rain on my parade. So, what do you want? Last minute entries on the tournament? Well, too bad for you. You're already too late. However, if you'd like, then you can stick around and I'll mop the floor with you." He says, turning around to get back to the final battle.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

The official frowns "I take it that you are the young pony known as Cheap Shot? We have been given proof of your wrong doings, and thus, you have been automatically disqualified and therefore banned from any future tournaments" the official says, showing that he was in fact an official from the Commission. "And as such, any of the fake rules that mr Cheap Shot had come up with is null avoid, and anyone who was in a round against him, has a chance to retry against a worthy opponent" the official says. "For now, the finals are Dynamo Pad and Chill" the official says and sits down to watch. 

@Scarlet Rose

Cheap could only ignore the ponies that were behind him, while keeping his gaze on the game. "So, what if I am? What does that have to do with anything?" At the mention of disqualification, Arid stood up from his chair. Effectively knocking the chair backwards in the process. "Say what!? You can't ban me! My father is the wealthiest pony in all of Equestria! There's absolutely no way that I can be banned from playing these tournaments anymore!  If you so much as get in my way, then I will see to it that this gaming series will be shut down! Do you hear me!?" He snarled as he turned around to glare at the ponies responsible for this turnaround. "Besides, it's too late to change anything. Dynamo had already made his selection. So, that means that this match has been locked in. You do have to let this match play out!" He grinned as he had found a loophole in this situation. 

@Dynamo Pad

The official smiles a little "Oh do I now? As an official of the gaming commission, I can and will. As for your father, he's been talked with, you are hereby disqualified and permanently banned, not just from the tournament, but also from this Arcade" he says, crossing his arms, "complaining and acting like a little colt will get you no-where, so I suggest you accept your fate. You've made your bed, now you have to lay in it" he says simply, before standing up and going over to the consoles, he types in the correct codes for the tournament, and the selection map refreshes, and instead of Cheap's name, it was Chill's.  "Mr Chill, please come over her and make your selection" the official says.

Scarlet grins and gently nudges Chill as his jaw hung open "Go on dude, you deserve it" she says as he slowly closes his jaw and stutters "O-o ok" he then makes his way. 

@Scarlet Rose

Cheap couldn't believe what was happening. These officials had talked to his father. What's even worse was that he agreed. He shook with anger as he was being mocked and humiliated. He slammed a foot to the ground as he pushed past the crowed. "This won't be the last time that you see of me! I'll be back and I'll have backup with me!" He exclaimed, making his exit as he tried to keep whatever pride he had left. Dynamo had stayed quiet as he watched the display unfold. As Cheap had left, he smiled as the cheating was finally stopped. "Thank you for helping us out on this. We really couldn't have done this without you." He says to official with a kind smile. "However, how did you know that this was going on?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

As the official changed the codes for the tournament, he saw that Chill's name had replaced Cheap. He smiled as he was finally going to get a chance to fight his friend. "Come on, Chill. Let's have that grand final we were promising!" He grinned as Chill began to make his way over to the console. Dynamo noticed that his friend was nervous. He couldn't blame Chill as he was feeling nervous. He thought he would have to fight someone with set rules, but there was a complete change in plans. Now, he could finally fight his friend and enjoy the rest of the video game tournament.

@Dynamo Pad

The official smiles "We had someone from here call and make a complaint, then send us video evidence. It was just luck that I was in the area" he says "I will officiate over the rest of the tournament" he says, giving Scarlet a small smile, before looking over at Cheap "Oh no you won't, You're wasting your breath, your friends have been reported for bullying in the arcades and have been banned as well"

Chill pumps his fist in air "Aaw yeah, way to go Scarlet, show him he can't bully us and get away with it anymore" he says, hugging her gently before going to finish the tournament "Looks like your rank was also restored, well then Dynamo, may the best pony win"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo's eyes widened slightly at the mention of someone called the officials. He wondered who, but he soon realized as the official gave Scarlet a smile. He turned to her and smiled softly at the female wolf. He quietly whispered a 'thank you,' while Cheap had been seething at the mention of his whole team being banned. 'Oh, just wait until I get back home. These fools don't have a clue on who they are messing with now.' He chose to be silent and just calmly walked away. Pushing past other ponies that were walking by.

Dynamo chuckled as Chill was in good spirits to compete once more. The gaming unicorn frowned as Chill hugged Scarlet, but he couldn't blame him. Dynamo had to guess that he, himself, was feeling jealous, but he remembered the kiss Scarlet had given him. 'Maybe after this tournament, I should talk to her about our feelings.' He nodded as Chill took the empty seat next to Dynamo. The blue unicorn nodded at his friend and shook his hand. "It still seems like I'll have to win a bracket reset and then win, but I think that's a good challenge. Let's give it our all and let's have a great game, no matter what." He says, picking the character he and Scarlet worked on the night before.

As the final match had begun, Chill was on the left, while Dynamo was on the right. Each side had taken their time to read the other's moves and choices. Whenever one took the lead, the other would make an instant comeback. In the end, Dynamo had won the match, which caused the bracket to reset. He may have won, but he wasn't out of the woods yet. Dynamo took a deep breath as he had to win a few more times. Both players were trying to find their momentum in the match, while trying to be tricky in their battle approach. In the end, Dynamo had managed to defeat Chill and was declared the champion of the tournament.

@Dynamo Pad

At the end of the match, Dynamo won, but at least this time it was a fair match. Chill grins and holds out his hand "Congrats Dynamo, you won fair and square" he says, shaking Dynamo's hand, "I still can't believe Scarlet stood up to Cheap, I don't think anyone in the history of the tournament has ever had the guts to do that before" he says, looking over to Scarlet who was once again enjoying one of her favorite games "We'd better watch our backs though, no knowing what that b..what Cheap and his gang could be up to" he says "Now, I think it is time you went to have that chat with Scarlet, I best be off, I've got work tomorrow"

The Official smiles and sighs in relief "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have a new Champion, Dynamo Pad of Ponyville!" he exclaims as he gives the prize to Dynamo. 

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo breathed a sigh of relief as he was able to pull off the win. He noticed Chill holding out his hand, before smiling and returning the handshake. "Thanks and that was a great game, Chill. You're not half bad. I had to think and fight differently when going against you. You know how to play as the inkling." He says, nodding in agreement to Chill's remark. "I can't believe it either. I didn't think there would be an official to get him to stop his cheating ways. I just hope that he'll learn and stop and move on." He sighed, before continuing. "It's really a shame of what he did, if you ask me. He really took away all the chances that everyone had. I just hope they can redo the tournament, or give everyone some form of compensation. I'm happy I won, but it really didn't feel like an earned victory, if that makes sense." He snickered as he knew what Chill was going to say, before he caught himself.

"Yeah, you're right. Cheap will come back eventually. He and the others he's teamed up with will always make their return." He says, shaking his head with a serious look on his face. "Regardless, I know I'll be ready to face him. He won't get his way like this ever again." He says, before glancing behind him and smiled at Scarlet. "I guess I shouldn't keep a lady waiting. I'll see you soon and take it easy, Chill." He says, as his new friend had left. He soon forgot to ask Chill for his number. He didn't even know if he lived in Canterlot or somewhere else. However, he knew he would meet Chill again someday. If there was one thing Dynamo knew, it was that all gamer's will meet again. If two gamer's clash in a game, then they are bound by fate to see each other again.

The gaming unicorn smiled as he was declared the winner and accepted his prize. "Thank you and I really appreciate the help. I'm sorry if things had really gotten out of hand." He says, before making his way over to the female wolf. He made sure he was in her line of sight, before waving at her. "Hey, Scar. The tournament just ended and I was able to take first place." He smiled, while trying to make sure not to break her concentration of the game she was playing. He would wait for her to finish her game, before continuing the conversation.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiled as she finished a level and waved to him "Hey that awesome, I knew you could do. Being cheated or not, I knew you had it in you to win" she says, giving him a hug and wagging her tail "Sorry about calling the commission, but I couldn't just stand there and watch as you and the others continuously got cheated out of a proper tournament. That sort of thing would be frowned upon back home" she would say before letting go of the hug and nomming on some gummies. 

@Scarlet Rose

As Scarlet had finished a level in the game, he smiles and returns the hug. "It was because you cheered for me and I had your support. It felt like you and I were fighting together in the tournament. That, and the practice in the gaming marathon had helped a lot. I felt like I did a lot better when I was playing as Yoshi." He smiled, shaking his head at her response. "There's no need to apologize. If anything, then I have to thank you. I felt like I could take Cheap down, but I think you did the right thing. Cheap had no right in trying to get away with what he had done. I'm just glad we put a stop to him and everyone could enjoy the tournament." He says, nodding at last part of her statement. "I'm guessing that there are some rules back home that might be considered strict? If so, then I can understand that. If it weren't for the official that you called, then nobody here would probably be able to stop Cheap." He says as he let go of the hug. "So, now that the tournament is over. Is there anything that you would like to do? Maybe we should go celebrate, or something like that."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods and smiles "Pretty much, bribery is illegal, no matter when and who you try to bribe" she says "So, any attempt to bribe an arcade owner holding the tournament would be seen as bribing an official and thus earn you a permanent ban and disqualification" she says and nods once more, as if she was thinking "Well, I was thinking, maybe we could end the day with a continuation of our  Nuzlocke and another pigging out session" she says with a giggle "How-ever...is there something you want to talk to me about?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nodded in understanding on the female wolf's explanation. "I can see what you mean. I can see how bribery might work in Las Pegasus. At least, that's what I heard from other's when it involved the Flimflam brothers." He muttered, before continuing. "I guess that means the arcade owner will be in trouble. After all, they went along with it. Although, I guess it depends if they had no choice in the matter, or if they wanted to go along with this bribery." He shrugged his shoulders as he honestly didn't know. As she gave her thoughts on their plan for the day, he smiled and nodded happily. "That sounds good to me. Now that there's no need to worry about tournaments, we can enjoy playing video games for the fun of it. Plus, we can watch some anime later on after we've played some video games." He says, blushing slightly at her statement. "Yes, but maybe we can talk about it a little later if that's okay. I think I might need a shower after working up a sweat in the tournament." He says, wincing as he noticed the smell of sweat. "Did you want to go swimming after we go back to the hotel? I believe there's an indoor pool for all residents and staff. I thought after working up a sweat, it'd be a great way to cool down." 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods a little, listening to him "A swim? Oh yes, that sounds lovely, been a while since I've had a good swim, and it is just as well that I packed my swimwear" she says with a bit of a wink and taking his hand gently "Come on, we can discuss the night when we are at the pool" she says, leading the way out of the arcade. "And alright, we will discuss what  you want to talk about later" she says and looks at the bus timetables  "Hmm, shall we wait for the bus, or did you want to walk back to the hotel?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo listened to her remark, before nodding in agreement. "I know what you mean. It's been a while since I went swimming, as well. Since it's the fall season, it's usually too cold to swim. I heard that the hotel we were staying at had a pool, so I was glad I packed my swimwear. Besides like anime and games, I do enjoy swimming a lot. It just feels like you can be one with the water itself." He chuckled, before blushing at her wink. He nods at the plan, while the two made their way out of the arcade. "That sounds good to me. We can enjoy a night of swimming and then head back to the room to play more games. Although, I was wondering something. Did you want me to stay the night again, or did you want to stay with me?" He asks, sighing in relief as they'd discuss his questions later. They had walked for a few minutes, before stopping at a bus terminal. "I would say that we should wait for the bus. It looks like the next bus will be here in a few minutes. It's starting to get late, so you never know who we might run into." He says, hoping to not run into Cheap any time soon. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods "I totally agree, some of my friends and even my family have said I must have some otter in me with how well I swim and just how well I flow with the water" she says and then nods at his suggestion of waiting for the bus "you are right, no telling who we might run into in the evening" she says, "I'd also certainly not want to bump into Cheap and his goons in an alleyway" she says, and rests on him a little while they wait for the bus to arrive. "As for your question, I..." she thinks for a moment "Could you stay with me again, please? Sure, getting Cheap disqualified and banned helped soften the blow from yesterday, but realizing it was him that bullied me, just kind of also made it hurt even more"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo chuckled at Scarlet's statement, before nodding. "Perhaps you were possibly an otter or another aquatic animal in a past life?" He chuckled once again, before shaking his head. "I'm just kidding, but I know exactly what you mean. I guess that's another thing we can agree and have in common." He smiles as the duo took a seat on a nearby bench, while waiting for the bus to arrive. "If we did bump into Cheap and his goons in an alleyway, then I can assure you that I would protect you." He blushed slightly as he felt the female wolf rest her head upon his shoulder. As she asked him to stay with her, he nodded, while leaning his head upon her head and pulling her into a hug. "Of course and I would be glad to stay with you. I'm really sorry that happened to you yesterday. I didn't even realize it was him either, until you and I found out. I know what he did was bothersome, but I promise that I will always be here for you, no matter what, Scar." He says, tightening the hug as the bus to the hotel was making a stop at their location. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles, still resting her head on his shoulder "I know you will Dynamo, and it is okay. You were focused on making sure I was okay" she smiles and then looks at him, she couldn't hold it in anymore "Dynamo, you are a real sweetheart. We've only known each other two days, but you've done nothing but show me kindness and a genuine personality" she smiles up at him, her tail gently swaying "Even when I broke down into tears last night, you were there for me" she continues and then leans up to be at eye level with him "I have found myself developing genuine feelings towards you, and I feel comfortable saying this.." she smiles, nothing but love and joy in her eyes "I believe I am falling in love with you" she confesses and kisses him on the mouth softly.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiled softly, while nodding in understanding. "I know, but I can't help in worry about you. I know you just moved here to Equestria, but nobody deserves the kind of treatment Cheap was being towards you." He says, looking down at her with care and kindness in his eyes. He had stayed quiet, while allowing the female wolf to tell him what was on her mind. He blushed at the kind words that she said, before nodding at her last comment. "I felt terrible that you were sitting down in tears. I like it when you smile and when you laugh. It's never been boring when you and I have hung out. I will always be there for you, Scar." He says, noticing her learn up, before looking up to him at eye level. His heart began to race as she began to talk about her feelings. His eyes widened slightly as she confessed to him, before she kissed him softly. It took him a moment, before he closed his eyes and returned the soft kiss.

As he pulled back from the kiss, he smiled softly and nods at the female wolf. "I think I've been feeling the exact same way. I thought you were really pretty when I first met you. As we got to know each other, I felt myself slowly gain genuine feelings for you. After everything that's happened over the past two days, I can say that I think I'm falling in love with you, as well, Scar. Do you want to be my girlfriend and see where this road takes us?" He asks as the bus had came to a complete stop at the pickup terminal. 

@Dynamo Pad

After they break the kiss and Dynamo confesses his own feelings towards her, Scarlet smiles and nods "Yes Dynamo, I would absolutely love to be your girlfriend and to see where this road takes us" she says, kissing his nose just as the bus arrives "And just in time" she says, looking up at the sky "And not a moment too soon, it looks like it might actually rain" she says, holding his hand and walking onto the bus, getting them two tickets back to the hotel.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo could only smile softly as she said that she would be his girlfriend. "There's just one condition for us to be together." He says, holding up an index finger, before pointing the index finger to himself. "The condition is that I get to be the boyfriend." He chuckled as she kissed his nose, before the bus had arrived. "I guess this bus will be the start of where our road will lead us." He joked, while shaking his head. "I know that was a terrible joke. However, you set the joke up and I had to capitalize on it." He grinned sheepishly, before listening to her remark and looking up at the sky. "I didn't think it would be raining today. I believe the forecast had said for sunny weather. I guess the weather channel forgot to say that there was a slight chance for a rain shower." He shrugged his shoulders as she took his hand into her paw. The two boarded the bus as the purchased their tickets back to the hotel.