Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 w/ Jedishy

Kitty_Cat

I wake up suddenly and gasp. I then realize I am very cold and... wet...? “Dh.. Wha..? What happened...? Why am I... wet?” I attempt to sit up but I’m too weak. My head still hurts from the nightmare.

”Vincent... are you ok? You sounded like you were having a nightmare.” I nod, replying “Yeah... a terrible one.... I wasn’t sleepwalking, was I?” Twilight nods. “You were.” I sigh and mutter “Jiminee Christmas...” to myself. “Sorry about that... The thing about those nightmares is that... I can’t wake up until I die in them........ its scary...”

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter Bolt hangs his head a bit at the soaking floor and wind blown room. As usual, it appears he was over zealous in his attempt to help. His hoof scuffs the floor as he considers taking to the skies before Princess Twilight can take in the damage he caused.  He silently wonders if he can even help without making a total mess of the situation. But his concerns for Vincent prevent him from moving. 

Twilight gets a mop and cleans up the water from the floor. “That’s terrible, Vincent! Do you know why those nightmares happen?”

I stand up with a little difficulty. “N-No... Not really..” I say. I don’t think they are ready for the rest of my craziness yet.

Winter listened silently and then he could keep silent no longer 

"Princess Twilight would Princess Luna be someone to ask about this? I mean she does protect our dreams right? " 

As he spoke he wondered if he was out of place telling a Princess of Equestria how to fix a problem. Especially one who had helped so many ponies as Twilight had. 

Twilight looks at Winter. “That does sound like a good idea. We should get our sleep though. Tomorrow is likely going to be a long day.”

I faceplant onto the floor and groan. My hue has come back a bit but it’s not quite there yet. I’m left with my negative thoughts again.

With a nod Winter moves to help his friend back to bed. Making sure he was save winter heads back to his room. He pulls out his book and starts to read through the journal of friendship for the umpteenth time. He particularly was fond of the entries by Rainbow Dash. He wished he could have her confidence. It would be so much easier to find a friend and a place to settle if he had the confidence in himself to get out and talk to other ponies. 

Twilight goes back to her room and goes back to sleep. I’m having a hard going to sleep, but I do eventually fall asleep again. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

Argh stinking minimum post threshold...

Winter Bolt awakens early as he always does. For a moment he is confused with his surroundings and then suddenly the previous day comes back to him. He slowly gets out of bed and cleans himself up and washes out his mane. Having brushed and cleaned himself he begins to stretch and work out a bit. After which he reads and then slowly begins to meditate. His wings flap subconsciously as he relaxes his conscious mind. So as he awaits the sounds of other ponies being up and active he is unknowingly hovering a bit off of the ground. 

I wake up. That nightmare from last night has really gotten me confused. I accidentally roll out of bed and hit the hard floor. “Ow..” I mutter to myself. I get up and actually look around since I was so tired yesterday I didn’t really pay attention to my surroundings unlike usual. I see a book to where I can actually reach it. I decide not to read it, as I am not quite focused yet.

Oh whoops! I forgot I had a race today with my companion. I should probably stretch for that... so I do.

Twilight is still asleep in her room. 

As Winter relaxed and waited for ponies to get going for the day he wondered how Vincent was doing. But not wanting to wake the pony as he had been so much he kept up with his normal routine of exercise, meditation and reading a bit before breakfast. He wondered where they would grab a bite to eat. Being low on bits made such things difficult especially for a vagabond pony. But it could be worse he could have been camping in the open again. 

I finish my stretching session with another thud. I’ve landed face first onto the floor. Welp, it’s safe to say I have quite the ways to go until I get used to this. I get back up and I decide to peek out the door of my room. I don’t really see much nor do I hear much of anything. This emptiness gives me an eerie feeling, but that’s just me.

Twilight wakes up. She stretches and gets out of bed. She exits her room and starts to head toward our rooms.

Winter started to read his book on friendship when he remembered he had a bit of toasted grain in his saddle bag. He grabbed the last hoof full of food he had from his travels and ate to soothe the hunger pangs. He started to wash his face leaving his book open on the bed. 

I can tell Twilight is near. I exit my room to greet her. “Good morning, Princess Twilight. Did ya sleep well?” I ask. She nods. “Yes I did. Did you?” I reply “I did sleep pretty well despite that... nightmare, heh...” Twilight smiles and says “That’s good.”

Now we wait and see if Winter is ready.

Hearing voices from the hall Winter dried his face and hooves. Closing his book and packing up all of his meager belongings he placed his saddlebags near the door to the room he was given. He poked his head out into the hall with a grin. 

" Good morning Princess. Good morning Vincent. I hope you both rested well. What are the plans for the morning? " 

“Good morning Winter. I slept well and Vincent slept well despite his nightmare. We should make plans for getting Vincent back home for a while. At noon the race will start so if you guys still wanna do that you can.”

I nod my head. “Sounds good to me.” I say.

Winter nodded with a smile. 

" That sound like a good deal. So we grab breakfast. Run the race. Then head to ..... Canterlot to figure out how to get Vincent back home? "

With a subtle wince and a flick of the ears, Winter remembered out broke he was. He really wondered what he was going to do. Maybe he could figure out how to grab a job as they went about the day. 

“That sounds good to me!” I say with a smile. Twilight nods and says “Alright, let’s go!” Twilight heads to the exit and I follow. We look around for someplace good for breakfast.

I spot a place that doesn’t seem too busy. “Hey, how about that place there?” I ask. Twilight looks at where I’m pointing to then looks back at me. “That place sounds good.” She turns to Winter and asks “Would you like to go there?”

Winter scuffs his hooves back and forth with his head ducked down. He had spent almost all of his money when he got pie the night before. He was down to two bits he found stuck to the bottom of his saddle bag. That was maybe enough to get an apple if that. 

" I have to be honest I have two bits left to my name. So as much as Id love to grab a solid breakfast I cant afford much " 

“Oh, it’s no worries at all! I can buy us something.” Twilight says with a smile. “Being hungry isn’t a good thing and we sure do have a couple of things on our hooves so we will definitely be better once we’ve had something to eat.”

I nod. “Yup. Learned that lesson from experience.... heh....” I say. “I mean it wasn’t like I wanted to do it but uhhhhh...... Nevermind..”

Winters' ears folded a little deeper. He sighed and nodded. 

" You are right thank you, Princess. I feel bad asking this of you. My parents are well off and would give me as much as I might need if I asked. But I have not talked to them well since about three or four months after I got my cutie mark. "

Winter shuddered a little remembering the day he packed the few things he owned into his saddle bags and took off. He had rarely set hoof in Manehatten since then never mind visiting his parents. 

“You’re quite welcome! I understand how hard things can be sometimes.” Twilight says. I nod and whisper to myself. “You’ve got that right...”

Twilight speaks again. “Anyway, we should find somewhere to eat. Follow me!” She starts to head toward the exit and I follow.

Winter nods and agrees to follow Twilight. He adjusted his saddlebags and started after Vincent and the Princess.  He trots along silently his gate sure and swift. The pegasus was used to long hours on the road or in the skies. He was ready to travel all of Ponyville today if need be.

As we walk around I see a place where other ponies are eating. I look at Twilight and point at the place asking “How about here?” She looks at the place then nods. “I think that’s a good idea. What do you think, Winter?” she asks.

Winter looks up and nods forlornly. He was not going to be choosey when he was not paying. Suddenly he sees an all too familiar cutiemark in the crowd. He would know the bag of cash with three $ symbols on it anywhere. Money Bags was a rich banker friend of his parents. He was always condescending while attempting to give advice. 

" Oh no."

Winter whispered before swiftly moving towards the store that was pointed out to him earlier. 

We head to the restaurant and have a seat somewhere. I pick up my menu and look at it and so does Twilight. Earlier I had heard Winter mutter “Oh no” to himself, but I’m honestly not sure what I’m supposed to do.

Twilight has made her decision. I haven’t quite chosen yet.