Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do they have smart phones, TVs, and computers in Equestria?

Not here anymore

So, I know they have electronic devices in Bikini Bottom and probably in the rest of the fictional underwater SpongeBob universe too.

I'm wondering if they have anything like that in Equestria.

I know Equestria Girls had some technology. But what about the pony demension?

We've seen ponies playing on arcade machines in Hearts and Hooves Day and Grannies Gone Wild, and in A Matter of Principals, Discord and Trixie talked on bananas that acted like cell phones. Though the existence of such things in Equestria would be consistent with the fact that advanced technology in their world exists, the residents of Equestria are not meant to represent the "plugged in generation" of our real-world society, so them actually featuring smart phones and what not in the show is something I wouldn't bet on. 

• Brohoof 1

Technology is banned so society is more dependant upon those who with magical power. Namely unicorns and alicorns.

I bet celestia has a gigantic setup from all the smartphones, tvs and whatnots. But there's isn't really any cameras, so the display shows the image of a puppy. Still, she watches diligently over her "people".

There has been little evidence that Equestria has computer based devices. Landline telephones were shown in a quick clip in one episode. They have electronically driven devices such as motion picture projectors with sound, and phonograph records. There has been no sign that pony science has developed microchip technology. The few glimpses we've seen seem to imply vacuum tubes.

mylittlepony_madmen_2.jpg

I can't find a close up, but the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 had vacuum tubes in the circuit that judged apples.

the_super_speedy_cider_squeezy_6000_by_brony_works_dazju87-pre.png

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 1 year later...

It would be cool if they had some kind of magic to use for communication... I know they use Spike as a tool to send scrolls, but something less Spiky?