Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Healers and Shadows (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And what if I still deny it?" Mystic challenged "If I don't feel I'm hurt, how am I hurt?" "How can you know I'm something when I don't think so myself?" It was hard to tell if she was acting or if she really thought so.

"Why do you think they call it denial?"

That's all said, what else did he need to say?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Why do you think they call it denial?"

That's all said, what else did he need to say?

Mystic opened her mouth but closed it again before talking, it wasn't really something that broke her, but she didn't really have arguments for that "A-and what if I'm in denial?" "What are you going to do about it?"

10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic opened her mouth but closed it again before talking, it wasn't really something that broke her, but she didn't really have arguments for that "A-and what if I'm in denial?" "What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to help you be honest with yourself."

Getting her into a place where she couldn't use a good argument was difficult, but he really respected that about her.

23 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm going to help you be honest with yourself."

Getting her into a place where she couldn't use a good argument was difficult, but he really respected that about her.

"Again with the non-answers." Mystic muttered "You throw around the word help constantly, but not once have you said what that actually means." "Helping can be everything from cleaning my dishes to solving all problems I have ever had.".

57 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Again with the non-answers." Mystic muttered "You throw around the word help constantly, but not once have you said what that actually means." "Helping can be everything from cleaning my dishes to solving all problems I have ever had.".

"I can't solve all your problems, that would mean making it to where they never happened. I can however help you cope with them."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can't solve all your problems, that would mean making it to where they never happened. I can however help you cope with them."

"Did you misunderstand on purpose or did you not understand what I said?" Mystic asked "I didn't say you would solve all my problems, I said that when you say you want to help me, you haven't made clear what it is that you are going to do." again, it was hard to read if she tried to ignore the part about coping, or if she really didn't hear it due focusing on the first part. 

41 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Did you misunderstand on purpose or did you not understand what I said?" Mystic asked "I didn't say you would solve all my problems, I said that when you say you want to help me, you haven't made clear what it is that you are going to do." again, it was hard to read if she tried to ignore the part about coping, or if she really didn't hear it due focusing on the first part. 

"Like I said, I am going to help you cope. How? By being here of course. By being that friend you've not had in a long time."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Like I said, I am going to help you cope. How? By being here of course. By being that friend you've not had in a long time."

Mystic blinked, sipping her tea "Friend." she then said with a tone that didn't really give away anything about how she felt "I still don't see why you would do that." "What's in it for you? Why would you want me as a friend?"

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic blinked, sipping her tea "Friend." she then said with a tone that didn't really give away anything about how she felt "I still don't see why you would do that." "What's in it for you? Why would you want me as a friend?"

"Part of being a friend is helping without expecting anything in return. You're not as they or even you claim that you are."

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Part of being a friend is helping without expecting anything in return. You're not as they or even you claim that you are."

"Friendship by definition means you get something." Mystic pointed out "You can't be my friend without me being yours, that is getting something back." oddly enough she had taken almost defensive position, though she didn't seem to notice it herself "But what do you gain by having me as a friend?" "I don't understand." she seemed genuinely confused "You could have anypony, ponies like ponies who help them, why me?". 

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Friendship by definition means you get something." Mystic pointed out "You can't be my friend without me being yours, that is getting something back." oddly enough she had taken almost defensive position, though she didn't seem to notice it herself "But what do you gain by having me as a friend?" "I don't understand." she seemed genuinely confused "You could have anypony, ponies like ponies who help them, why me?". 

"You're right, I could help anyone, but why would I help them if you need it more than they do? Put someone with a cold next to me and then put someone dying next to me also. Who would I help first?"

Placidus remained persistant.

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You're right, I could help anyone, but why would I help them if you need it more than they do? Put someone with a cold next to me and then put someone dying next to me also. Who would I help first?"

Placidus remained persistant.

"No" Mystic said, but she didn't sound too convinced by her own answer "There has to be something else." she was now looking everywhere but towards Placidus "It doesn't make sense!" "Why me?" "I used you, why would you choose me?!"

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"No" Mystic said, but she didn't sound too convinced by her own answer "There has to be something else." she was now looking everywhere but towards Placidus "It doesn't make sense!" "Why me?" "I used you, why would you choose me?!"

"I don't hold grudges, they only slow you down and distract you from what's truly important. You don't owe me a thing."

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I don't hold grudges, they only slow you down and distract you from what's truly important. You don't owe me a thing."

Mystic didn't say anything but it was clear that she didn't really know what to think or do, and would anypony really blame her? After all, there was two points of view fighting inside her. She was still avoiding looking at Placidus.

35 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic didn't say anything but it was clear that she didn't really know what to think or do, and would anypony really blame her? After all, there was two points of view fighting inside her. She was still avoiding looking at Placidus.

"All you need to do is trust me. You don't have to be alone anymore, Mystic."

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"All you need to do is trust me. You don't have to be alone anymore, Mystic."

"That's exactly what he said." It sounded like the excuse it was, but there was hint of fear mixed in too, maybe it was time to show and not just tell, she was clearly on the edge of breaking, so there was no threat.

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's exactly what he said." It sounded like the excuse it was, but there was hint of fear mixed in too, maybe it was time to show and not just tell, she was clearly on the edge of breaking, so there was no threat.

"I am not him and I will not do what did to you."

He then went over to Mystic and hugged her as a way of showing her that he meant well.

35 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I am not him and I will not do what did to you."

He then went over to Mystic and hugged her as a way of showing her that he meant well.

Mystic tensed up when Placidus hugged her, but she soon started shaking, she didn't make any sound, nor did she move, but soon Placidus would be able to feel something wet dripping on him.....Mystic was crying, silently, but still crying. 

33 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic tensed up when Placidus hugged her, but she soon started shaking, she didn't make any sound, nor did she move, but soon Placidus would be able to feel something wet dripping on him.....Mystic was crying, silently, but still crying. 

He broke the hug.

"I promise, I will help make your life better."

This was a promise he intended to keep.

20 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

He broke the hug.

"I promise, I will help make your life better."

This was a promise he intended to keep.

Mystic stayed quiet for a moment, but eventually she spoke, though it was more like a whisper "You better hold that promise, because I won't let myself be fooled again." she raised her glance and looked right at Placidus with...several emotions "And if you break that promise, I will kill you and everypony who knows your name." Though it may have been challenging to figure out the dominant emotion, there was no question about how serious she was with the threat. 

35 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic stayed quiet for a moment, but eventually she spoke, though it was more like a whisper "You better hold that promise, because I won't let myself be fooled again." she raised her glance and looked right at Placidus with...several emotions "And if you break that promise, I will kill you and everypony who knows your name." Though it may have been challenging to figure out the dominant emotion, there was no question about how serious she was with the threat. 

The threat didn't bother him all that much, some of the ponies he knew best weren't exactly weak. Plus he was more concerned about how Mystic was feeling than anything else.

"You have nothing to worry about."

23 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The threat didn't bother him all that much, some of the ponies he knew best weren't exactly weak. Plus he was more concerned about how Mystic was feeling than anything else.

"You have nothing to worry about."

Mystic stayed quiet and walked to wash her cup, she simply didn't know what to say to any of this, she wanted to throw Placidus out and forget all of this, but she knew she couldn't do that, because no matter what she claimed, she wasn't happy.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic stayed quiet and walked to wash her cup, she simply didn't know what to say to any of this, she wanted to throw Placidus out and forget all of this, but she knew she couldn't do that, because no matter what she claimed, she wasn't happy.

"So what did he use you for anyway?"

He wanted know. Maybe he could use this knowledge to help her.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So what did he use you for anyway?"

He wanted know. Maybe he could use this knowledge to help her.

"Well, like I said, they ultimately failed." Mystic stated "After he had gotten me fooled, they did manage to get me to steal few things, but I figured it out eventually." "I don't know what their final plan for me was, but they tried to get me to do their dirty work."

10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, like I said, they ultimately failed." Mystic stated "After he had gotten me fooled, they did manage to get me to steal few things, but I figured it out eventually." "I don't know what their final plan for me was, but they tried to get me to do their dirty work."

"Whatever it was, maybe they were having you do this so they could pin the blame on you if things went wrong. Then again, I wouldn't know since that isn't really my field of work. Anyway, the joke is really on him since he wasted his only chance with you."

He asked another question out of curiosity.

"Any idea of what became of him?"