Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Healers and Shadows (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You've been betrayed haven't you?"

"I wouldn't anything like that. I have no reason to."

"Betrayed?" Mystic repeated "I wish." the mix of feelings was obvious, an it also made it obvious that there was more to it than simple betrayal "I know you're lying." "There's no reason for you to not to be." she sat down with her tea, but didn't drink it, only stared at it.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Betrayed?" Mystic repeated "I wish." the mix of feelings was obvious, an it also made it obvious that there was more to it than simple betrayal "I know you're lying." "There's no reason for you to not to be." she sat down with her tea, but didn't drink it, only stared at it.

"No reason not to be lying to you? No, it is quite the opposite. What use would there be in trying to take your ability or give you to the guards? Even if such a thing would work, it wouldn't help you in the slightest, it would only add fuel to the fire."

"Could you tell me what happened?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"No reason not to be lying to you? No, it is quite the opposite. What use would there be in trying to take your ability or give you to the guards? Even if such a thing would work, it wouldn't help you in the slightest, it would only add fuel to the fire."

"Could you tell me what happened?"

Mystic was a silent for a moment, but when she spoke, her voice was filled with hate "I was fooled by kind words and was almost manipulated to do exactly what ponies blame me on." "After that didn't work, I was crushed and left to rot." she didn't mean it literally of course  "But at least they didn't steal anything." she then laughed, but there was no joy in her laugh, it was cold amusement "Good ponies fear me and evil thinks I'm worthless...what a life." she then angrily threw her teacup after drinking it empty and a shadow rose from under her and hit the cup in the air, shattering it.

56 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic was a silent for a moment, but when she spoke, her voice was filled with hate "I was fooled by kind words and was almost manipulated to do exactly what ponies blame me on." "After that didn't work, I was crushed and left to rot." she didn't mean it literally of course  "But at least they didn't steal anything." she then laughed, but there was no joy in her laugh, it was cold amusement "Good ponies fear me and evil thinks I'm worthless...what a life." she then angrily threw her teacup after drinking it empty and a shadow rose from under her and hit the cup in the air, shattering it.

"I'm not the same pony, so you don't have to worry about me."

"I have nothing against you, I never did. If you hate being fooled, then why are you fooling yourself by not trusting me?"

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not the same pony, so you don't have to worry about me."

"I have nothing against you, I never did. If you hate being fooled, then why are you fooling yourself by not trusting me?"

"That's exactly what somepony I should worry about would say." Mystic muttered "Tell me why should I assume you to be any better than anypony else?" "How do I know you're not just playing the long game like they did?" "As far as I know you could be working for them."

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's exactly what somepony I should worry about would say." Mystic muttered "Tell me why should I assume you to be any better than anypony else?" "How do I know you're not just playing the long game like they did?" "As far as I know you could be working for them."

"I've not known you until today. Besides, there is no way I could hurt you if I tried."

"How can I work for them if I don't know who them is?"

"I've not known you until today. Besides, there is no way I could hurt you if I tried."

"How can I work for them if I don't know who them is?"

"Oh, it's easy." Mystic said "It's called lying." but then she stopped for a moment, and spoke sounding almost defeated "But then there is the fact that you didn't approach me, but vice versa...." "And I know for a fact that they don't know enough that they could plan it to go like that...."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Oh, it's easy." Mystic said "It's called lying." but then she stopped for a moment, and spoke sounding almost defeated "But then there is the fact that you didn't approach me, but vice versa...." "And I know for a fact that they don't know enough that they could plan it to go like that...."

"Well, obviously. Planning something like that would be difficult unless someone could control your actions, which is even more difficult."

"Who is it that hurt you? What did they do?"

"Well, obviously. Planning something like that would be difficult unless someone could control your actions, which is even more difficult."

"Who is it that hurt you? What did they do?"

"I already told you." Mystic said "Fooled me wit kindness and after failing to make me their tool, kicked me down and left there." she growled thinking about it "If I have to praise them for something, I admire the patience, spending an year getting me fall for him before carrying out the plan."

24 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I already told you." Mystic said "Fooled me wit kindness and after failing to make me their tool, kicked me down and left there." she growled thinking about it "If I have to praise them for something, I admire the patience, spending an year getting me fall for him before carrying out the plan."

"A pain that rivals physical pain for sure."

"I'd never do that to you, hurting others hurts me even more. I could never bring myself to mentally or physically hurt someone."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"A pain that rivals physical pain for sure."

"I'd never do that to you, hurting others hurts me even more. I could never bring myself to mentally or physically hurt someone."

"But I'm sure you can understand that I can't just trust you like that." Mystic said, walking back to the kitchen to get a new cup and more tea "Words mean nothing to me anymore, I have seen them to be misused way too many times." she let out a single joyless laugh "That and I'm liar myself, so I would know just how deceiving they can be."

26 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But I'm sure you can understand that I can't just trust you like that." Mystic said, walking back to the kitchen to get a new cup and more tea "Words mean nothing to me anymore, I have seen them to be misused way too many times." she let out a single joyless laugh "That and I'm liar myself, so I would know just how deceiving they can be."

"I mean, there is nothing to offer besides words. Anything offered can be a lie. Considering how much you know about lying, you should easily be able to know for a fact that I'm telling you the truth."

19 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I mean, there is nothing to offer besides words. Anything offered can be a lie. Considering how much you know about lying, you should easily be able to know for a fact that I'm telling you the truth."

Mystic shook her head "Lie doesn't work if it can be seen you're lying." she argued "And you say there is nothing offer than words, but there is actions too." "For example, if you're really telling the truth, you shouldn't need constantly try to convince me that you are." "Because if you plan to do something, you can do it without me believing you'll do it."

55 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic shook her head "Lie doesn't work if it can be seen you're lying." she argued "And you say there is nothing offer than words, but there is actions too." "For example, if you're really telling the truth, you shouldn't need constantly try to convince me that you are." "Because if you plan to do something, you can do it without me believing you'll do it."

"You're right, I shouldn't need to constantly convince you, so why are you making it to where I need to?"

"Anything I say can be seen as something a liar could say because a liar could say anything. You'd be surprised with what ponies come up with when they lie in attempt to get medicine they don't need."

46 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You're right, I shouldn't need to constantly convince you, so why are you making it to where I need to?"

"Anything I say can be seen as something a liar could say because a liar could say anything. You'd be surprised with what ponies come up with when they lie in attempt to get medicine they don't need."

"Then maybe you should stop repeating the same things." Mystic argued "You can say you want to help me as much as you want, but I won't believe it until you do something that helps me." There really was only two ways to go for Placidus, either he needed to speak Mystic in corners until she would finally break, or do something, actions, that would get her guard down enough for her act to fall apart.

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Then maybe you should stop repeating the same things." Mystic argued "You can say you want to help me as much as you want, but I won't believe it until you do something that helps me." There really was only two ways to go for Placidus, either he needed to speak Mystic in corners until she would finally break, or do something, actions, that would get her guard down enough for her act to fall apart.

Placidus was going to see if he talk to her into a corner.

"Tell me again how you currently feel about others fearing you."

Placidus was expecting her to claim it didn't bother her, this is what he was counting on. Doing this could help him find contradictions until the truth was clear.

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Placidus was going to see if he talk to her into a corner.

"Tell me again how you currently feel about others fearing you."

Placidus was expecting her to claim it didn't bother her, this is what he was counting on. Doing this could help him find contradictions until the truth was clear.

Mystic rolled her eyes "Annoyed at worst, non-bothered otherwise." she said sipping from her new cup of tea "You won't get a different answer by repeating the question." "Because besides the reason why I came to talk to you, I haven't lied."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

Mystic rolled her eyes "Annoyed at worst, non-bothered otherwise." she said sipping from her new cup of tea "You won't get a different answer by repeating the question." "Because besides the reason why I came to talk to you, I haven't lied."

Maybe he could keep going on this and see if she would break.

"Really? So you're only slightly annoyed that friends from your childhood left you? That no one else wants anything to do with you and anyone who ever did tried to use you? I doubt that only just annoys you."

43 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Maybe he could keep going on this and see if she would break.

"Really? So you're only slightly annoyed that friends from your childhood left you? That no one else wants anything to do with you and anyone who ever did tried to use you? I doubt that only just annoys you."

"Let's start with the childhood, yes, at this point it's annoying at worst, because sure it was rather crushing back then, but it has been years, i have gotten over it long time ago. Hay, I don't even remember who those ponies were." "And same goes to to everything else, ponies avoiding me is annoying, and ponies using me was hurtful only when it happened, now I'm mostly just angry at them." 

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Let's start with the childhood, yes, at this point it's annoying at worst, because sure it was rather crushing back then, but it has been years, i have gotten over it long time ago. Hay, I don't even remember who those ponies were." "And same goes to to everything else, ponies avoiding me is annoying, and ponies using me was hurtful only when it happened, now I'm mostly just angry at them." 

"You remember them leaving you though. If it annoys you, that means it bothers you and that means it hurts you. You being angry at those who used you means the same thing. It is clear that you are still hurt."

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You remember them leaving you though. If it annoys you, that means it bothers you and that means it hurts you. You being angry at those who used you means the same thing. It is clear that you are still hurt."

"So if I break your leg and you remember it and think it wasn't nice when somepony asks you about it years later, you're still not over it?" Mystic asked as argument "And really, I'm sure you wouldn't be exactly remembering somepony with joy after they wasted year of your life."

24 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So if I break your leg and you remember it and think it wasn't nice when somepony asks you about it years later, you're still not over it?" Mystic asked as argument "And really, I'm sure you wouldn't be exactly remembering somepony with joy after they wasted year of your life."

"Sure in that case, sure. But imagine if this was someone important to you that did it. Sure the leg would heal, but would your heart heal from that?"

"You were hurt by those you trust most."

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Sure in that case, sure. But imagine if this was someone important to you that did it. Sure the leg would heal, but would your heart heal from that?"

"You were hurt by those you trust most."

"Well, of course I hold a grudge, and I'm sure you wouldn't exactly trust somepony again either if they betrayed you, that would be idiotic." Mystic argued "And I don't really see why you ask that from me, since it's you who speaks like it's unusual to be mad at somepony." 

"And there is the important word....'were'."

59 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, of course I hold a grudge, and I'm sure you wouldn't exactly trust somepony again either if they betrayed you, that would be idiotic." Mystic argued "And I don't really see why you ask that from me, since it's you who speaks like it's unusual to be mad at somepony." 

"And there is the important word....'were'."

"Again, if you are holding a grudge, you are hurt."

"There is no denying that you are hurt and that you need healing."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Again, if you are holding a grudge, you are hurt."

"There is no denying that you are hurt and that you need healing."

"And what if I still deny it?" Mystic challenged "If I don't feel I'm hurt, how am I hurt?" "How can you know I'm something when I don't think so myself?" It was hard to tell if she was acting or if she really thought so.