Are you at all scared for the final season?

FlareGun45

So I really enjoyed the season premiere - but it did have it's issues, and the only real issues I had with it are personal issues. Knowing this is the final season does excite me for new episodes and I admit I'm good with moving on, but at the same time, I'm terrified with the season. Despite the crew say of giving it their best (which I will always be grateful for all the work they did despite not always doing what I like), or the amount of theories I find, or the amount of confidence I have, I've never been so scared of MLP has I am right now!

We all put our hearts out to this show cause it's helped us out in our times of need, and we've looked to this show for guidance, but this is the last chance for the show to make a great impression! I put so much attention on Spike that he's the only thing I really care if anything happens in the whole show - and that's my own fault, but not something I could turn back to now. I wish I could, trust me.

There are two sides going on in my head: one says "this season is his, he'll be the hero and no one will expect it" and another says "no he'll be cheated AGAIN, like always"! It's 50-50 right now. I don't WANT to resent this show cause of something stupid like this - but these things happen! You pour heart out onto something and if it isn't what you expected, you feel betrayed. Not blaming the staff for their choices and I respect their decisions regardless of how much I either love or strongly dislike them.

For different reasons, are YOU nervous about this season? You can admit it, no one will judge you! Or at least shouldn't, cause we're human beans have feelings and emotions after all! ;)
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's a lot I still want to see with RD, especially in regards to both Scootaloo and the WBs, the latter in particular to see if they can salvage them at all. Admittedly I'm incredibly worried they'll just screw her over

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 3

I have no worries for it because I am not watching this season at all. Hasbro has been pushing it so hard that this is the last season, something we already knew and it bothers me more than anything. So I am taking the initiative and stopping now. 

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Not really. It is what it is and there isn't much we can do about it. Granted, I really want them to go all out and resolve as many of the storylines they've created over the years since this is the last season and all. Any that are left over can always be resolved in the comics or through a special or two.

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

No, because one, there's always fanfiction, and two, I'd never want to undermine what the show staff are going to do unless it showcases writing and storytelling that is objectively bad. I'd be lying if I said the season premiere, fantastic as it was, was entirely what I wanted right now in this moment of time with me being a huge fan of you-know-who, but I know that I'm going to look back on it many months from now and go, "Holy crap, I'm glad this didn't go my way!". Writers and fans are like parents and kids, you hate not getting your way from them in the moment, love it when you grow up. 

• Brohoof 1

I am a little worried, but only because of the next generation of writers and directors which have made the show into something different. I really hope they get some original creators back to contribute. I'd be good with that.

“Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received--only what you have given.”

41 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

No, because one, there's always fanfiction, and two, I'd never want to undermine what the show staff are going to do unless it showcases writing and storytelling that is objectively bad. I'd be lying if I said the season premiere, fantastic as it was, was entirely what I wanted right now in this moment of time with me being a huge fan of you-know-who, but I know that I'm going to look back on it many months from now and go, "Holy crap, I'm glad this didn't go my way!". Writers and fans are like parents and kids, you hate not getting your way from them in the moment, love it when you grow up. 

That first sentence about fan fiction I agree with

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

On 4/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, This Whomps said:

There's a lot I still want to see with RD, especially in regards to both Scootaloo and the WBs, the latter in particular to see if they can salvage them at all. Admittedly I'm incredibly worried they'll just screw her over

I don't want another season in a row with THAT much Rainbow Dash. What about everypony else?

5 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I don't want another season in a row with THAT much Rainbow Dash. What about everypony else?

I've had it with your nonsense. How about just worry about Pinkie Pie instead of bitching about things what others want? How about wanting to see what you want out of Pinkie instead of whining about stuff I want for RD?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, This Whomps said:

I've had it with your nonsense. How about just worry about Pinkie Pie instead of bitching about things what others want? How about wanting to see what you want out of Pinkie instead of whining about stuff I want for RD?

Is this another way of saying, "I'm convinced that you have mental problems"?

Well, yeah, because I'm still not seeing any of the stuff I want.

(edited)

I haven't seen the premiere yet (though I intend on watching it soon), but from what I have heard it was an absolutely phenomenal opener. So I'm not worried about the season at all. All I'm expecting out of the final season is a satisfying ending. If they don't deliver on that I'll be heavily disappointed. Of course I also expect quality episodes. 

Though I have a couple of other things to say. Please do not make this another Season 8. That season was marred with a severe amount of inconsistency that affected my perception. Also, don't do another early season 7 on us. Season 7 was a great season and all, but after Hard to Say Anything I almost called it quits on the ENTIRE show. Please make a good start to the season.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

Just now, FirePuppy said:

Is this another way of saying, "I'm convinced that you have mental problems"?

Well, yeah, because I'm still not seeing any of the stuff I want.

And that's fine. The problem is you taking it out on everyone else. Anytime people want to see something, you have to spaz out just if it doesn't involve Pinkie Pie in any capacity. That's just gonna make everyone mad instead

• Brohoof 2

Worried about Season 9 being bad? No. Barring a "Newbie Dash" level dropping of the ball moment, I think that this season is on its way to tying up (most) of the loose ends, bringing several character arcs to satisfying conclusions, and ending with a bang.

I do however hope that they don't go overboard with the fanservivce rather than focusing on a good story.

f.jpg

"Work Hard! In the end, passion and hard work beats out natural talent."
- Pete Docter 

• 4 weeks later...

Not really, I'm looking forward to the rest of the final season! :D

Admittedly, I am a little scared that something might disappoint me and an episode turn out to be poor quality, but I'm confident that most of season 9 is going to really enjoyable for me.

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

Not really. Am I sad that it's the final season? Of course, but I'm still gonna enjoy this season no matter what, and I can't wait to see what's in store!

silverstream_signature_by_kyoshifrostwolf_dceb7cf.png.13d1f0558421db9878b3d4774bb30e86.png