Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"I'm on a Yacht" - Thoughts?

Tales

This song blows. Had to pause it several times, because I could not watch the entire thing in one go. Absolutely painful.

• Brohoof 2

On 5/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, Tales said:

I know Equestria Girls has often received the short-end of the stick when it comes to music

Well, that's debatable.  I personally think that HTWTC, All Good, Shake Your Tail, and The Legend You Were Meant to Be are some of the best songs in the entire G4 franchise.  In fact, I'd say that in general, what EG lacks in story, it usually makes up for in music.

Anyway, I agree with you and the majority, here--it was crap.  Unbelievably bad.  It was just a facepalm all the way through.  What were they thinking?!  And why the f*ck would they refer to themselves as EG?  I mean, I've argued before that the title of the series should be The Equestria Girl, y'know, because there's only ONE.  Sunny is the only one of the bunch who's really a friggin' pony!!  :baconmane:  But regardless, why would they call themselves Equestria Girls?  That really annoyed me.  The whole thing was just a cringey, uncalled-for fourth-wall breaking, meme-culture pandering piece of social media excrement.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched it. I am barely alive :yuck:

The production for the animation was quite high. I got this lilo and stitch feeling to the chorus of the song. But I don't like the music style.

This was not a pleasant experience for me! :mustache:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I LOVE it??! It's cringey, but who cares?! It's catchy and will gets in my head for days. It's basically the Equestria Girls version of "I'm On a Boat" by The Lonely Island, which I also love! Spike's verse is the worst though so 9/10.

Edited by SpittyPie2005
  • Brohoof 2

It's definitely something, that's for sure.

The animation was pretty alright, but that's honestly the only positive thing I have to say about it. The whole thing is very hard to watch, it all pandered to modern music/memes? (very bad and outdated memes but memes nonetheless) and overall just isn't very enjoyable. :scoots:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, applesjck said:

It's definitely something, that's for sure.

The animation was pretty alright, but that's honestly the only positive thing I have to say about it. The whole thing is very hard to watch, it all pandered to modern music/memes? (very bad and outdated memes but memes nonetheless) and overall just isn't very enjoyable. :scoots:

Wait, there are meme references?! Which ones, I only caught the airhorn one..

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

Wait, there are meme references?! Which ones, I only caught the airhorn one..

I'd have to actually rewatch the video to catch them again :adorkable:, but I do remember the airhorn one very clearly. 

• Brohoof 2