Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Serious question here, what do you and Crep do besides sexual or naughty stuff? You guys hardly ever mention anything else. :P

Oh of course we do! Here, I'll give you a list.

First there's...

Um...

Uh... TALKING! Yeah, we talk, chat and stuff.

Sometimes.

Um... and then there's...

*Tumbleweed rolls by*

Buck.

Serious question here,

Okay seriously, well, she often watches me play video games, that's a start.

I like to whisper distracting things in his ear at points where the game requires his full concentration.  ;)

I don't mind; it makes a good challenge.  :mellow:

For example...

> Is playing Santa Rockstar HD

> Just about to perfect a song

> "You're going to lose Ben!" *Wiggles flank in Ben's face* "Look at my sexy flank, Ben!"

> Perfects song anyway

> Blows raspberry in Crepuscule's face

Or sometimes, she can help in various ways.

Sort of.

> Playing really Difficult song

> *Whispers* Hey Ben, If you perfect this song, I'll... [insert very naughty activity here]

> Concentration suddenly increases tenfold

> Last 5 seconds of song

> "Boo."

> Bucks up last note

> Cue Darth Vader "NOOO!!"

*Evil Laugh accompanied by lightning*

What else, Umm...

You know that feeling you get when you walk into a room, and you forget why you even walked in there? That happens to me quite a bit. Sometimes when this happens, she'll say one word that'll remind me of why I'm there in the first place. And then I'll feel like the dumbass that I am.

That's okay; you're MY little dumbass. *Gives Ben a big hug*

D'aww...

*Hugs back*

*Starts to shed tear*

Now buck me, slave. *Smug*

*Suddenly drops Crep on her flank and walks away unemotionally*

Ow! Hey!

As you can see, due to Crep's personality, it is very difficult for our shenanigans to be below remotely suggestive, whatever shenanigans they might be.  :huh:

I never asked for this.  :ph34r: I was expecting a cute and innocent little pony that I could be the best of friends with forever. Instead I got some fillyfooler that can only think about bucking everything that has a face!! *Kicks random soda can into the distance* UUUGGGHHH!!  :angry:

Hey, that's not true; Slender Man doesn't have a face, I can make him an exception.

... I don't believe what I'm hearing.

What? It's only natural if you think about it; have you seen the size of those tendrils on his back? Oh Celestia, what I would give to have a go on one of tho-

*Slams door behind himself*

What?

WHAT?!

If you count this being fun, than yeah, we're having a great time...

Aww. Well ain't that just cute. ^_^

See? If I didn't make this thread, you wouldn't be miserably treading through the snow towing along a sled carrying an opera singing alicorn and a robot playing a cello. I'm so proud of myself sometimes.  :P

Umm, Ben, I don't think 'robot' is the best word you should use to describ-

Shh! I'm testing her to see how well she can handle somepony trolling her. For science of course!  ;)

Ah! Of course!  ^_^

*Both turn back to Brisineo with innocent smiles and with angel halos hovering above their heads*

This.  This is exactly how our conversations go when we're typing responses in this thread.

Or more like Tia's giving thoughtful suggestions and I'm giggling thinking up funny things to say then poking Bris, "Hey, you should say this man.  *giggle* Oh, this is too good.  Hehehe"

Or for when we are really eager or are scheming, we act out something for real, then type what transpired.  

Yeah, it's pretty much the same for Crep and I. She'll be there to be all like "Hey, say this;" And fun stuff like that. Though sometimes we write things that did actually happen between us.

Such as punching Bris in the face.

You know my head hurts just thinking about that...

... Well of course it would darling.  ^_^

attachicon.gif1356540739691.png

Duct tape?

attachicon.gifBlackjack.png

Duct tape.  Duct tape and superglue.

...What is with you two?

... No no no, I said cellotape. You know, the clear kinda tape? It's the...

*Slowly begins to lean closer to Ben's face*

...Uh, Crep, what're you...

*Is now uncomfortably close to Ben's face with a creepy smile plastered on her own*

*Duct tape and a tube of superglue appear*

Idea.

What? H- hey, let go of me! NO! AHHHHH!! *Dragged off screen*

Oh! Wait for me!

NOOOOOO-

*Screen goes blank*

we_are_experiencing_technical_derpyculti

That part was obviously just roleplaying, But still, I'm a bit afraid of what might happen next time I venture to the wonderland with Crepuscule. :huh:

*Unwraps another strip of duct tape*

Fun times.  ;)

...I'm not sure if I want to find out what the superglue is for.

It's to stick the tendrils on your back, so then you can roleplay Slenderman while we-

*Covers ears*

Damn you Brisineo and your minions!  :angry: 

• Brohoof 7

Sometimes I have rare text-styled dreams, where I'm lying in weird-half-dreamstate. It's either the entire dream or it's not, and I only have it rarely (Only 1 I can remember with any clarity, and my tulpa say I probably didn't have any others). Probably why I'm so realistic in typing stream-of-consciousness. I'm pretty sure it's just the part of the brain responsible for reading taking its' sweet sweet time trying to deactivate for the night and failing miserably.

Considering it was just random black text rolling over on a parchment-tinted bedside area several years ago...

Wasn't the topic about crossdressing Ash Ketchum or something pokemon-related?

-_- Yes. Heck, it was one weird dream.

But anyways, I'm just saying context is everything during dreams. Reality-checking using text wouldn't work for me as well because (unlike Batman) I can sort-of put thoughts into text prematurely.

His subconscious is 24/7 rainbow light spam tornado. I'm pretty sure this carries over to most of his dreams, considering I want the wonderland so dark most of the time. Heck, I sometimes PUNCH intrusive rainbow blastspam.

Does that weird beast mental thingy mean anything-

No, we're sure that's just irrational intrusive thoughts.

Can anyone lend me a hand? I've spent five days on my tulpa, (Maybe 10 hours in total?) And i can't seem to get my head around the character designing bit. Wonder land is pretty much done, But Dashie (My Tulpa, RD) just stares at me. She only replies with 'Yes', 'No' and 'Uh-huh'. She only moves with my brain power involved. I think the only thing i need to do is just spend more and more time with her.

On that note, Can anyone help me with the character designing? I don't really know how to do it, it there are any helpfull techniques, i'd be greatful also ^^

• Brohoof 1

Can anyone lend me a hand? I've spent five days on my tulpa, (Maybe 10 hours in total?) And i can't seem to get my head around the character designing bit. Wonder land is pretty much done, But Dashie (My Tulpa, RD) just stares at me. She only replies with 'Yes', 'No' and 'Uh-huh'. She only moves with my brain power involved. I think the only thing i need to do is just spend more and more time with her.

On that note, Can anyone help me with the character designing? I don't really know how to do it, it there are any helpfull techniques, i'd be greatful also ^^

If you're trying to make her design show-accurate, I find it helpful to look up some art of the particular pony I'm making before I start. Keep that in your mind and just focus on that image. Try to rotate it in your mind, imagining it from different angles. Focus on individual parts of the body before you try to work on the entire form all at once. 

I hope that made sense. (I'm a complete berk, so probably not.)

• Brohoof 1

I hope that made sense. (I'm a complete berk, so probably not.)

I understand it, Thanks for the Advice. My problem is that i need to organize it a little bit more - I start with the body, Then it just kind of explodes and runs around. Thanks for that ^^

I understand it, Thanks for the Advice. My problem is that i need to organize it a little bit more - I start with the body, Then it just kind of explodes and runs around. Thanks for that ^^

No problem. It's nice to have a bunch of people creating tulpae at the same time. It helps to have comrades.

How long did you spend on her personality, if I may ask? 

How long did you spend on her personality, if I may ask? 

I've spent roughly 2 or 3 hours on it, But I'm still doing that too. I'm narrating to it every day for around 30 minuets to an hour, too ^^

Be a bit more patient.

I'm not patient!! Blame the Royal Air Force of the united Kingdom! D=

I just really want her to take shape quickly, you know ^^;

I've already tried possession quite a few times too <<

>>

I've already tried possession quite a few times too <<                                                                                   >>

Her possessing you, or you possessing her? Either way, I would think it's a bit too early in the process to attempt either of those yet. Not that I claim to possess any substantial knowledge of the subject of tulpae, but you know... Just seems a bit advanced.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how exactly did you who have tulpae work on personality? Did you work on it in excruciating detail or do you just need to focus on a vague sense of a specific trait?

I'm asking because I don't want to end up not including enough detail and giving my tula (whom I have decided will be AJ, by the way) a really flat personality. I would appreciate any help you can give me on the subject immensely.

Edited by Archi

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how exactly did you who have tulpae work on personality? Did you work on it in excruciating detail or do you just need to focus on a vague sense of a specific trait?

I'm asking because I don't want to end up not including enough detail and giving my tula (whom I have decided will be AJ, by the way) a really flat personality. I would appreciate any help you can give me on the subject immensely.

I personally tried to make the traits as broad as possible, so as to allow my tulpa to change over time, if she so chooses. I'm no expert, though. If you want to go more in-depth, I encourage you to read this: http://tulpa.info/guides/faqman-personality-guide.html

Been very busy with my tulpa. Her name is Luna and she is so amazing. Sadly she dosent speak to me yet but i know she is dear. My love.

LOL, it takes a while, 20 hours or so. Twi has spoken to me a few times, before my health crash. It is a difficult thing to attain, but i know you will get it. 

• Brohoof 1

LOL, it takes a while, 20 hours or so. Twi has spoken to me a few times, before my health crash. It is a difficult thing to attain, but i know you will get it. 

Thank you,yeah it takes time. I like to focus on the personality first than her apperance. My goal right now would be her to talk with me or just say something to me. Thank you MLP Forums to introducing me to the world of Tulpas ,that means a lot to me.

• Brohoof 1

on it in excruciating detail or do you just need to focus on a vague sense of a specific trait?

(Yeah, I know, someone already answered this bit I think, but hey, I thought I might as well put my side out there)

Bwahahahaaa, you make it sound like I did so much effort :D Nah, I did a fair bit really, but it sounds so much better in your words there.

I found, for Jess's personality, I just gave her 7 or so basic traits, and let things roll from there. I explained her first trait in massive detail (Humor...Yes, It's been well worth it, A brilliant sense of humor :)) I went through, slowly putting less and less detail into the following traits, because I just couldn't think of as much to say about them. Things seem to have gone nicely though, so, I think, as long as you put a couple of things in there, fairly well explained (Not excruciatingly-Overkill explained, just a decent run-down) The things can't go wrong. The personality does grow on it's own anyway...

Oh, right, I have a question. I think I've asked before, as I'm sure many other's have too, but I wish to know what people do when they force. Like, what they concentrate on, how they make it productive, etc. Seeing as I've never forced properly in my life (aside from once, for 10 minutes...) And Jess seems to be coming on well now, with responses, a basic imposed sort of image, etc. I want to help her speed things up a bit and get things sorted so we can get imposition nailed..Her form needs to be made more solid...

So, yeah, any help there- Much appreciated. Also, I ask about forcing all of a sudden because I bought a PS3 yesterday...And updating times seem like a perfect time to force..like, half hours, etc. AND I moved the comfy chair there so I can relax properly...And see the screen properly..

Last thingy: Any ideas on how to encourage her to speak without me asking her something? Like, on her own?...I'd really like to get that started, then I can really give up on sense :D

• Brohoof 1

I have a Vinyl tulpa and what I did was a bit different from what most guides tell ya.

So when I started off I was really unsure how to start but I figured working on the personality would be the most important thing. although plenty of people draw their tulpa or look up art of her/him/it I decided not to, I wanted to let my tulpa form her final form without me butting in too much, I wanted to let her feel more comfortable in her body. Basically what I did was thinking about her personality and forming a picture of it in my head. When I thought about how she was kind and nice, I would see her smiling, when I thought about how great she was with music I saw her playing at a concert and recording music at home and so on.

When I was about 2 months in, these little "scenes" in my head (more like snapshots of scenes) gave me a better idea of who she is and how I would like her to be. Aside from the fact that I was working on her personality, at the same time I was also working on a basic form. These snapshots gave me an easier way to imagine how she would look like, it also helped me with the movements. I kept her personality and form simple so she could easily become someone she would like to be without me interfering too much.

From there, I kept interacting more and more, I started to see little changes in how she acted at times (she wasn't fully sentient yet), I started to see changes in her appearance.

I kept doing this for another month or three and about my fifth month in she finally got sentient, it took me far more time than others but at least I got somewhere. In these 3 months she already had formed her own personality and appearance, it was quite different from what I thought but I wasn't one to complain.

And that's where I am now, her form is as clear as day to me and I can start imposing her now, still need to figure out how to get her talking though.

So that's what I did. Remember that this doesn't have to work for you two, I really wouldn't know, I guess checking out art, or trying what I did would work. Perhaps try drawing your tulpa or talking about her.

Also Musix, be careful that you don't parrot on accident, while I have heard of many people getting a reaction out of their tulpa so early on, plenty of people I met on IRCs did too and ended up with some problems later on, one even created a tulpa who was limited in his movements and emotions because it never was really moving on it's own. There probably won't be any problems for you but I want you to take care.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

I've been hearing about tulpae for months now, but now I"m convinced to give it a real shot.  Does anyone have any tips for initial personality construction that could prevent me from making terrible mistakes?

Today my tulpae were kinda bored and when is Millie bored, she is more... lustful, so
"Its not true... or maybe just a little bit... ^^"
so I wondered how can I entertain them and I remembered that some weeks ago we wanted to try out how would we look like if we were ponyfied, but didn't have time so I opened up pony creator. Each of us made a pony form and during the creation we got an idea of putting everything into one image with some background using GIMP and here is the result

final.png

I think I'm going to have a new desktop image ^^
"Isn't Gekoncze cute ^^"
You are both cuter than me
"No no no, you are much cuter"
... I don't think so... maybe... but back on topic...
"Can anybody of you forumers identify me? ^^"
"*rolls eyes*"
...It is interesting playing with all the stuff especially the poses - I think that Crepuscule would have a lot of fun with it ifyouknowwhatImean ;)

• Brohoof 2

@YourCrepusculeJokes

We find that hilarious.

Anyways, anyone else planning to do a ponycreator of their tulpa if it's a pony?

Or you can look up me, Dash, Celestia, and Pinkie. There's got to be a combo around the internet somewhere... But for all you others out there, have fun ponycreatoring.

Oh right, I already had mine done... But nedben too lazy to publish it. Heheheh.

No. I don't like pony creator. :[

Don't wanna sound mean, but it's used waaaay too often to make crummy OCs with terrible palette matching.

Not accusing any of you of anything at all, just sayin'. If I want a picture of Pinkie, I'm gonna draw it. ;)

Edited by Captain Nemo
  • Brohoof 2

New. Haven't finished reading the thread yet. Really hoping this works out right. I have my doubts about whether this is all possible or not, or at least for me, even though the evidence is overwhelming. Already have personal experiences with tulpa from a friend whom I now believe had them. The experiences he had were highly negative at the end, but, the complexity of the situation leaves out the creepypasta qualities that most of you are familiar with.

Essentially my friend was very depressed and his two unintentional tulpa were suicidal. They're dead now. Once he realized they weren't real he forgot about them and they're gone.

Definitely do not want to make the same mistakes. Going to focus on agreeableness between us. I'm interested in creative writing. I'm going to ask my future-friend to supplement her existence by writing her own lifestory after she's sapient.

Execution. Something others might find handy. Going to use a HIIT interval app on my phone that sets up various timers. The first timer counts down during a relaxation phase, and then the timer starts for a working phase, then, a small break phase for collecting my thoughts for the next personality trait I want to discuss, and then, it goes back into the working phase. My app lets me select a number of "rounds" currently 5, so that's 5 traits that I work on. My phone buzzes me to let me know when I've put in a certain amount of time into that phase.

Each working and rest and set-up phase is customizeable in length. This exercise app is probably going to be very handy.

Also going to listen to the theta tones supplied by fede-lasse, and listen to them simultaneously with tracks from the cult game Yume Nikki. It seems quite effective.

Already had emotional responses, but, definitely have a lot more work to do. I don't know how long I've been raising her. During my last session I had a mental image of sauted stringed green beans? Not sure if this was my thought or something else. Probably dismissable.

I hope it works so that I can help reassure others that, if they want to try this, it will be worth it. I really hope it works. The misconceptions of tulpa and dissociative identity disorder really seem like a lot of media hype, and while tulpa and dissociative identity disorder are not the same, they are both interesting and not well understood. Those with multiple identities can be quite happy.

Ultimately I think the dangers of having a tulpa will boil down to how well you can get along with yourself. I hope this works because we'll accomplish a lot together.

• Brohoof 3

Up to now all I've been doing is admire this thread from the sidelines, so allow me to first say thank you to everyone that has posted: it's been entertaining, interesting... um, other adjectives that are good... and has definitely convinced me that I'd like to give this a shot! I may not have finished the thread fully, but you guys sure can talk! 87 pages! Anyway, I feel like I am, or at least can be, very prepared, but I have a question first for anyone willing to accept this quest.

I have a print-out picture of my desired tulpa, from the pony creator (sorry Cap'n Nemo!), and surrounding it are the traits (around 28 so far, I think, I am literally too lazy to turn around and pick it up to check), if I pinned this to my bedroom wall, (which is literally like a blank canvas save for a Borderlands 2 poster) and studied it during tulpa-forcing sessions, would it do anything? Do your eyes HAVE to be closed?

Sorry if this is stupid in any way, I am very, very good at sounding stupid in matters I have no experience in! Actually no, through all scenarios- I'm quite adept at it. *Feel of bitter accomplishment*

The skeptic and cynic in me forces me to say ... "Wow, imaginary friends for adults. Great. Deluding yourself to the point of imagining another person is not easy, but not unheard of, as a decent number of religious people manage to do this for centuries." Now that's out of the way...

The little happy and hopeful part of my personality tells me to research that, because it sounds very much interesting and cool. And so I will. But again, it sounds suspiciously like something I know, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.