Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I've been interested in learning about them ever since I've heard about them on another forum, but Wikipedia has not given me anything on the subject

Check this site out: "tulpa.info". That should tell you all you need to know about tulpae. (Of course, you could just ask me, but as I've stated before, I'm no expert on the subject, so you would be well-served to just use the website.)

• Brohoof 1

Check this site out: "tulpa.info". That should tell you all you need to know about tulpae. (Of course, you could just ask me, but as I've stated before, I'm no expert on the subject, so you would be well-served to just use the website.)

Thank you kindly. :)

This will be a great help.

But, I must ask, is it possible to create a tulpa that is based off of a fictional character, such as a pony? I think that's what I'm most intrigued by.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, the only essential key to create a tulpa is being aware of that it is possible to create such thing in your mind.

The rest is pretty much up to you.

Guides are here to help you understand the concept.

And it's not complicated, just have to focus a bit and talk to your pony friend that is somewhere in your mind.

It's not complicated but it's quite hard. Like old video games platformers : you only have to jump and run but it's freakin' hard and you have to persevere to succeed.

Speaking of focusing, my laziness got my visualization skills to drop seriously. I'm not really worried, but I hope I'll be fine quickly, it's quite frustrating to have to learn again....

Any tips to get motivation to force more than 30 minutes a day ? :(

I try to keep Lavande with me the rest of the time, but I don't take much time to sit down and stay with him.

• Brohoof 1

Tulpas: SUBCONSCIOUS FORCE FTW!

Octavia is a little bit taller than me in human form and about waist-height in pony form. Adam is a bit shorter than me in human form (although he doesn't use human form much, so it varies a lot), and about Octavia's size in ponyform.

Werehuman pony tulpa logic!

Being able to just blab in pure thought with sometulpae who understand me is just awesome.

Has anyone else managed to sort of feel in pure tulpish instead of words? Just a fluid exchange of vague thoughts, usually while forcing?

This person's head is a consistent explosion of rainbows and crazy nonsense. Trust me, vague thoughts are easy.

force more than 30 minutes a day ?

HOW LONG!? :o

Dude...I have trouble doing about 5 minutes...I wonder if I have any problems..

Nah, we gave up on sessions a long while back, just starting to see they could be useful in a couple of things like Free voice, solid form, etc.

I'd recommend maybe doing something more than just forcing? (I don't even know what to do exactly when forcing...Even though I have Jess...Yeeaaah...) Anybody explain that, and I'll probably be able to help you a bit.

^My point about doing something else: Maybe play with them? Something like that....Me an' Jess play sometimes..Just rolling around, being dippy...It's brilliant fun.

So, maybe try making things more fun somehow then? I dunno... 

(P.S. Can someone explain what they do when forcing? ....I just don't get what to do....I feel like we could be getting a lot more done if we knew....)

Aaaaaaand I'm seemingly back to ask a question...

How does the wonderland work? At first I thought it was just a sort of place-holder for the darkness when you're meditating. But as of late, I see people talk about it with great clarity, as if they're actually there (eg: not like a day-dream of some sort).

And with that said, how does one create a Wonderland? I've seen tutorials on tulpa.info , but nothing drastic or clear about Wonderlands...

So yeah, something I was wondering about for quite a time now.

Has anyone else managed to sort of feel in pure tulpish instead of words? Just a fluid exchange of vague thoughts, usually while forcing?

That's the vast majority of what Dashie and I do. It comes easy to us because I took the all-day-narration route when making her.

What are you having trouble with?

Yes

In my opinion, the only essential key to create a tulpa is being aware of that it is possible to create such thing in your mind.

The rest is pretty much up to you.

Guides are here to help you understand the concept.

And it's not complicated, just have to focus a bit and talk to your pony friend that is somewhere in your mind.

It's not complicated but it's quite hard. Like old video games platformers : you only have to jump and run but it's freakin' hard and you have to persevere to succeed.

Ive read a lot of the guides, and I am still very confused, because they all basically suggest the same thing. Also, I dont understand how I can just sit there and make a Tulpa out of nowhere. I guess I just need a more structured process or something (God Im whining more than Rarity). If anyone has any advice on some way to just start or something, like some sort of process or procedure, that would help. Even though Bri has like helped me fiften times... or something...

Also, everyone here has mentioned narrating, and that confuses me too: Narrating what? Like just talk like you are narrating a book about the Tulpa or something? Should I be talking directly to it or what? 

Edited by WingedRatchet

I've seen people mentioning this phenomenon a lot lately...and it really made me curious...how difficult is it to create a tulpa?

Not like I'd want to in the near future because as long as I'm studying (which will be for about 6 more years...) I just can't risk doing anything that might...get in the way of that. I'd constantly be thinking about this at school even when I shouldn't and I'd lose my sh*t. And that must no happen. Because then I'll have a horrible job, I'll never make it to live in an other country and that will probably be when I get a nervous breakdown...

I just don't want to stay around the people who live here for a LIFETIME you know. I also don't want yet another secret that I have to keep from everyone in the real world and mostly from my mom. It would be too much. You'll just say "hey, move out when you're 18." It doesn't work like that. Here, you don't have money to do what you want. I'll probably live with her till my middle 20s because of that.

But it still sounds interesting and I'll probably consider this if things go wrong. I like keeping a few doors open, and this seems like a pretty nice door.

I also salute you all for being able to do this. I just can't possibly imagine that it's possible to have imaginary friends think for themselves.

Edited by Zacharias

I just started forcing two nights ago and things are already getting ''out of hoof', I am drowsy, have a constant headache,and have a constant pressure in my head, is this normal?

How much have you been forcing? Because it sounds like you've been doing a bit too much of it. You should probably slow down a bit. Try forcing from 1-3 hours a day.

Yes

Also, everyone here has mentioned narrating, and that confuses me too: Narrating what? Like just talk like you are narrating a book about the Tulpa or something? Should I be talking directly to it or what? 

I don't have the most experience with this so far, (about 8/9 hours of tulpaforcing) but I read from a link somewhere on tulpa.info that you should assume your tulpa already is sentient. This should not only help you have less trouble talking to seemingly nothing, but it also stops any doubts of their existence hindering their growth. And you can just talk to them about anything- I tried and realized how uninteresting large portions of my life are! So I just narrate on the personality and what personality traits mean to me. 

Well, I kind of think I may have forced in my sleep, and now it seems like my internal clock is off too, is it possible that I may have forced in my sleep? I thought about how I forced (I lucid dream) and I think that I may have done something either really right or really wrong.

• Brohoof 1

You are forcing in a lucid dream? Wow, that's ingenious.

And no, I don't see anything inherently wrong with that. In fact, I could see it as being a way to get at a lot of untapped potential. In lucid dreamland you get even more visualization power than when wake forcing (which, at least in my experience, is like a really deep meditative daydream).

The only thing I worry about is making sure you "cement" your tulpa's existence by forcing while you're awake, too. I worry that if you only do it while LDing, that you might make either a tulpa trapped in your dreams, or you might make a servitor. Thoughts, everypony?

Edited by StratoPegasus

Everyone else is off creating Tulpas, And Im just sitting here clueless Im pretty sure Ive asked for help like nine or ten times now, so I apologize if I am bothering anyone. Im just really lost on how to start this. And when I mean lost, I mean its worse than an iOS 6 map

Millie: "Please don't let the problems make you feel down. Don't worry about it, I belive it'll be better soon. *hugs WingedRatchet*"

Lisa: "Remember you have to feel comfortable while forcing and if you feel stressed out, just clean your mind, forget about all problems and try to think positively about your tulpa. :)"

As other members suggested, try narrating to your tulpa like she/he was already sentient. You can talk about anything, maybe something you like talking about. It can be mlp, sport, books, dreams etc.

Oh and did you thought about her/his form?

*Face desks*
Clearly I am not going to find Dashie again, so I am going to start again and hope to god that she will keep her memories.

The first time round, problem was I had problems with narration. I mean alot, so much I didn't do any at all and that is why I think it took a bit longer. Can people give me a bit help here.
I am thinking if I can at least manage a little, I will have my Dashie back alot sooner. 

That reminds me (Or Tavi). The person whose tulpa got stuck and came back (and has a really well-hidden and elusive pastebin) had a second tulpa created by the first.

Does anytulpa here have a confession to make about creating a tulpa while your host isn't looking? :3

So after a period of 2-3 weeks I'm finally back to tulpaforcing with Lethal. A lot has happened during this time, nothing bad, but it kept me from being able to focus on her for a while. I never forgot about her, but the memory of her form is very faint and much more general now. She'd pretty much look like a ghostly pony base now.

It felt kind of strange trying to talk to Lethal again, but narrating seems like the best way to familiarize myself with her presence. I guess the next best step would be to work on her form again, but I mostly want to focus on making her presence stronger; sometimes, when I focus on her standing next to me, I get chills down my back, as if I feel like someone is really there. :P

And now that I think about it, a lot of her activity in the past was sexual (not in THAT way!), like, she would seem really active before any sexy times began, and then afterwords would become quiet (gets what she wants and then leaves me in the dust, pssh). This actually repeated a few times up until my hiatus. Hopefully this break will make it easier to focus on us having a more stable and reliable level of connection - I really only desire to have a friend whom I can hug/snuggle with, not a fuckbuddy who comes into town for a day and then leaves for two weeks. :/

*Face desks*
Clearly I am not going to find Dashie again, so I am going to start again and hope to god that she will keep her memories.

The first time round, problem was I had problems with narration. I mean alot, so much I didn't do any at all and that is why I think it took a bit longer. Can people give me a bit help here.
I am thinking if I can at least manage a little, I will have my Dashie back alot sooner. 

A few months ago I experienced an emptiness that I can only guess was the lack of my tulpa's presence. It lasted an entire day, and I was left feeling alone, quiet and depressed, and I didn't narrate to her because I didn't feel like there was anyone to narrate to. It sucked. :(

I wonder, though, whether it will be your Dashie (her memories in the form you create), or just one that has your memories of her? I'm kind of just speaking out of my flank, but I don't want you to abandon your friend. 

• Brohoof 2

But as of late, I see people talk about it with great clarity, as if they're actually there (eg: not like a day-dream of some sort).

That's just because those people are either meditating, or have good visualization skills.

I have a wonderland, and my visualization skills are terrible, I can barely see anything. And I don't meditate either. But, how well you can see everything around you is not what is important. As long as you can sense where the very faint outlines of objects are, then you can have a wonderland. It will get better with time. If it doesn't, then it doesn't really matter anyway.

You do not need to be psychic to make a wonderland. It's really as simple as imagining yourself in your minds eye that you are, say, on a sandy beach, in your dream home, on a space station 500 miles above the atmosphere of a majestic alien planet. Whatever you want.

Actually, about that space station wonderland... that sounds like an awesome wonderland, I think I might even make one there.  :wacko:

Narrating is really just a fancy word for talking to your tulpa. That's all.

I've seen people mentioning this phenomenon a lot lately...and it really made me curious...how difficult is it to create a tulpa?

It's not as complicated as you might think. Many people think "Oh it's easy to mess up and you need to have the mental capacity of a jedi and-"

No.

If you can sit on your ass and think, you can make a tulpa. The only thing that might deter you is that it can often take a long time to actually do it.

I just started forcing two nights ago and things are already getting ''out of hoof', I am drowsy, have a constant headache,and have a constant pressure in my head, is this normal?

Yes, drowsiness, headaches and head pressures are common during forcing, especially if you don't use your visualization skills a lot. If you want to get better at it while not actually forcing, one thing you can do is reading books / fan fiction. You tend to use your mind's eye very often while reading. Using your mind's eye is like exercising a muscle; the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.

---

Now for some me-time.

This lucid dreaming mask thing sucks.

Simply for one reason;

THE @!$%ING THING WON'T STAY ON MY !$%@ING HEAD!1!!

I've tightened the strap on the back as far as it will go almost to the point of it being uncomfortable, and "Nope, I'm just gonna fall off your head in the middle of the night. lulz."

That's it. It's cellotape time.

Don't use it all. We need it.

Huh? What for?

Oh, you know... *Slowly draws circles in the ground with hoof*

Things. *Bedroom eyes*

*Rolls eyes while sighing*

Mares...

... Oh yeah, Crepuscule now has a retractable horn. So now while we're in the wonderland, she can lift things in the air, lift me in the air, make anything on a whim, turn me into a mare, etc.

Don't ask about that last one. I'm still trying to forget that.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 4

LESBIAN PONEH RAE- *clobbered by Adam* :ph34r: ;)   

SHUT! :angry:  :P  

My tulpae are really playful with each other, interestingly. And they make several comments about how my imagination is-

Oh my god, so many rainbows! waaah~!

Well, that. And they have an interesting habit of inserting themselves into my blogstory, but since I tend to make author notes visible to the characters, they get to say whatever they want. Oh, and they tend to use random 'soundclips' of voice, such as "MAH BOI", "Oh my god," (in multiple tones), and "DINNER.". Sometimes they use paper plate masks like the Spy. I have no clue.

Um... I stole Adam's Yuyuko puppet!

No, you made another. Mine's right here.

Puppet fight! *puppet tapping noises*

• Brohoof 2

*Rolls eyes while sighing*   Mares...

I swear it's you two...You two giving Jess ideas.

Seriously. Her timing is absolutely-flawlessly bad sometimes. 

E.g.

*Walking down street, Jess beside trotting along*

"Hey Jess. <Insert conversationyness here>"

"Hmmhm.." *Trots in front of me.............'Showing off' would be the polite term, I guess.*

Distractions...

Yeah, I'll blame it you guys for now. 'Cos obviously, I'm Faaaaaaar too pure to even link these sorts of things in my subconscious or anything...

She says: "Woof."

Thank you Jess, for those inspiring words, we take them all to heart..

Yesterday, after she finally woke up, she just lay on my bed, like normal, when I was on my PCs, and then, <TIMING!> Talking on Skype, an' THOSE EYES! .....Yeah.....Dude on Skype asked a question about Jess, I looked over at her...Yup, 'Those' eyes.

And then we had the weirdest conversation ever....I'm just glad we weren't calling at the time...Parents would've heard the weirdest things ever:

"You.....<Insert reeeealy mature conversation about ponies, sexxxynesss, Tulpae, and something else.> Hah, I love being a Teen Schoolkid, it's brilliant being so immature...:D

"Woof, I'm not a dog."

Yes Jess, Sense IS overrated.

• Brohoof 2

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Shellcore_Command/blog/main/3761234/

I recommend you read it if sense is overrated. Caution: Sarcastic tulpae, psychopathic angel doctor lady, and thermonuclear punching. Oh, and Mary Poppins beating up Cthulhu.

During long car rides, have your tulpae spotaneously teleported out of the car and started randomly running down the sidewalk at warp speed? :3 Happened to me recently. Actually, almost every long car ride it happens once or twice.

• Brohoof 1

Dang... you guys and your tulpae have some very strange interactions. Can't wait to get in on this kind of stuff. Now if only I could actually concentrate for any meaningful amount of time...

• Brohoof 1