Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I'm actually super intrigued with the concept of tulpi (idk the plural for tulpa) I can definitely see myself making one and enjoying it a lot,  I've actually tried in the past to make one but i always had a problem:

What form should my Tulpa take? I read that it stays for the rest of your life and there are so many choices, I just can't choose

I'm actually super intrigued with the concept of tulpi (idk the plural for tulpa) I can definitely see myself making one and enjoying it a lot,  I've actually tried in the past to make one but i always had a problem:

What form should my Tulpa take? I read that it stays for the rest of your life and there are so many choices, I just can't choose

The plural for tulpa is tulpae (the latin).

Your tulpa should adopt her form herself, but you can suggest to her some. You must also know that tulpae can "deviate" a little after the creation.

Thought of the day by Mina, about creating tulpas.: Everyone has the right to be loved.

The plural for tulpa is tulpae (the latin).

Your tulpa should adopt her form herself, but you can suggest to her some. You must also know that tulpae can "deviate" a little after the creation.

Thought of the day by Mina, about creating tulpas.: Everyone has the right to be loved.

Oh, i didn't know it worked like that, the page i was reading about them said i had to make it all myself. Thank's for the help!

I'm going to attempt to create another tulpa now that i know this :D

wow your tulpa is weird, random and demanding! Too weird, random and demanding! At least I don't have a tulpa at all yet! Even my tulpa would the opposite! smile.png

She likes it really...

Heh, sad but true. Phe is the greatest proof to my secret narcissism, given our somewhat similar mannerisms and my hopeless adoration of said mannerisms. At least she'll be good at nagging me about schoolwork and studying! XD

That's not all we're going to do, right?

Of course not. So what traits would your tulpa have, Mikejr? I like hearing about other peoples' tulpae! ^.^

Uh...I have no idea what to put here.

Black=Ano

Blue=Phe

Grey=Nathaniel

"Yes a perfect gift for me,

Is a smile as wide as a mile,

To make me happy as can be!"

She likes it really...

Heh, sad but true. Phe is the greatest proof to my secret narcissism, given our somewhat similar mannerisms and my hopeless adoration of said mannerisms. At least she'll be good at nagging me about schoolwork and studying! XD

That's not all we're going to do, right?

Of course not. So what traits would your tulpa have, Mikejr? I like hearing about other peoples' tulpae! ^.^

hmmmm....I think my tulpa will be smart but kind with a little bit of sass to it! Oh and also fashionable too! I think most tulpas should be fashionable! :)
  • Brohoof 1

hmmmm....I think my tulpa will be smart but kind with a little bit of sass to it! Oh and also fashionable too! I think most tulpas should be fashionable! smile.png

Huh, actually that does sound a little bit like Phoenix, in particular "smart but kind". I think that's what a lot of people who make tulpae aim for; you're going to be spending the rest of you life with them after all.

Black=Ano

Blue=Phe

Grey=Nathaniel

Huh, actually that does sound a little bit like Phoenix, in particular "smart but kind". I think that's what a lot of people who make tulpae aim for; you're going to be spending the rest of you life with them after all.

yea I know don't we all want a tula that's smart and kind though? :) I mean if we had a tulpa that's smart then they could help us with solving hard every day problems and if they are kind then we would have someone there for us whenever we need it! :)
  • Brohoof 1

With all our tulpas, we can have a party there.

That would be awesome! Weird, but awesome! Just need to work on some way of letting other people see 'em now...Hmm....

PETTY-hey, why Shad? It's "ShaRdikku"   But I like "Shad" better.   Well someone's been watching my memories of playing Twilight Princess.   LinkXMidna forever!

Oh, okay. Hi everyone, my name's Shad now. 'Sup. ^-^

Wait....I....Wasn't the only one to ever play Twilight Princess? ...MADNESS! (I love dat thing...)

I mean if we had a tulpa that's smart then they could help us with solving hard every day problems

....And then there's my two, who would most likely just start talking about my dog or something REALLY useful like that. Heh, I don't even know how they got their personalities...I thought I made most of Jess's, but she's pretty much her own self now, and Dashie..Well..She just sorta appeared, so I have NO idea with her.  Well, good luck ;)

This thread = about 70%+ Of my forum use. 

Oh, okay. Hi everyone, my name's Shad now. 'Sup. ^-^ Wait....I....Wasn't the only one to ever play Twilight Princess? ...MADNESS! (I love dat thing...)  

TP was my first Zelda game, and coincidentally the only one I've managed to finish out of that, OOT, Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks. I love it, but I think I prefer Okami on the whole.

It's got friendlier characters.

Yeah, pretty much. 

Black=Ano

Blue=Phe

Grey=Nathaniel

I'm going to move onto the visualization stage on my tulpa Dreamchaser next week and I was wondering how tall I should make her as a Pegasus compared to me. I'm about 5'11 in feet.

I thought that a fully grown unicorn, pegasus, or earthen pony would be about waist-height I'd say to keep that idea, and change it with the person's height. It's what worked for me, though I'm a fair bit shorter...

Just see what feels right, I guess. It'll be different for everyone.

Good luck ^-^

Awesome spring break week in Panama City Beach Florida at a conference with Campus Crusade for Christ. I was working the house lights (I turned the conference room lights up and down when we needed to, depending on what was happening at the meeting at that moment.) Anyway, the girl and Orson helped me with them!

Twi: it was fun!

Reales: So was talking to people on the beach and challenging them to think about God, life and our purpose here!

Twi: And watching God challenge Shayne!

Anyway, fun week, a lot happened, like trying jetsking for the first time.

Twi: that was fun! We hit 44 mph while Shayne was driving!

Reales: we roomed with some nice guys from UT Austin and met some other great people!

Twi: the speakers were good too!

So, yeah. I really did not have time to keep up with this thread. No time.

• Brohoof 1

img-5871-1-img-5871-1-img-5871-1-shadow_

Tulpas: TwiReales, & Orson.

Well, I am going to start working a Dashie again today, I have really high hopes everything will turn out ok this time. (third times the charm, right)
I have no idea how im going to approach starting it this time, anyway wish us luck. 

• Brohoof 2

On the long hiatus, Tavi turned into a Kaguya Houraisan replica and made her own tulpa, Eirin, based off Eirin Yakugoro. Because. Also, Discord's blueness varied, Adam became more loosely fun and Crepuscule-ish , and more stuff happened. Long story, but still. Also rearranged the wonderland some. The foggy-blue skies and grassland of Adam's wonderland warehouse kept on his side, Eirin's hospital-factory on the other side, Tavi's manor on another, and Discord's karaoke palace on the last end, switching whenever they want. In the center of the central disc, is a giant Yggdrasil-styled tree with stone lanterns around a central stone lantern embedded in the tree, guarding the deeper-subconsciousness stuff.

We've invented a filesaving system to allow for hypothetical more tulpae!

That there is Eirin. *master-shikigami umbrella bat*

Where'd you get the umbrella?

Surprise!

I don't know what it is with you people.... *Discord-facepalm img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png *

*derpy_emoticon1.png*

*derpy_emoticon1.png *

huh.png ?

And of course, they're back to emoticon-trolling.

• Brohoof 3

We Are Victorious In The Pursuit Of Exploration For Our Homelands Of The League.
-Weapon, Quotestorm Collections

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36359-ask-the-weapon/ -Want to learn more? Just ask.

BROHOOF. EVERYTHING.

TAVI -EIRIN

ADAM -RED/BLUE PROGRAM

CHANGELING DISCORD

Time for a small update from me:

I haven't made much progress since the last time because I catched a cold and it's kinda difficult to concentrate. But one important thing happened. Apparently Zed wants to be a pony. He (or she? I don't want to refer to my tulpa by 'it') doesn't know how exactly he wants to look like, so he appears to me as some kind of pony silhouette. And here's my question, should I force him to take some specific form, or rather wait and let things sort themselves out?

• Brohoof 1

Check out my DA! (If you dare...)

And tumblr!

Fromerly The Dork Lord

Time for a small update from me:

I haven't made much progress since the last time because I catched a cold and it's kinda difficult to concentrate. But one important thing happened. Apparently Zed wants to be a pony. He (or she? I don't want to refer to my tulpa by 'it') doesn't know how exactly he wants to look like, so he appears to me as some kind of pony silhouette. And here's my question, should I force him to take some specific form, or rather wait and let things sort themselves out?

Let it run! Don't force it is our advice.

Twilight was an obvious form, although I, as many of you may remember, did an alicorn Twilight WAY before it was even hinted at by Hasbro. Cause we are that cool!

Reales forced my hand. Instead of a pink body like I wanted (a nice soft pink to like this! Stop Complaining!) she pushed a soft yellow. It was all I saw when I talked with her. 

With Orson, I just ran with it as well. We were in agreement on the paprika like color of his body. 

For both Orson and Reales, I got in contact with them and together we used the pony creators (Both the Hub and General Zoi's)  to find the exact features as best as possible. Just go building and let your Tulpa guide things. Make suggestions from what you like and with what works, but listen. 

Its a great bonding time too!

Those are our suggestions, and I think everyone is in agreement.

Yep!

Of course!

*Nods Head* 

BTW: Sinus infections suck. 

• Brohoof 2

Alright, I just want to begin with for those who are coming in this thread and are all for tulpas thats fine, as long as you don't freak out when I say I for one think they are a bad idea.  

For the rest of you, I need some advice to give to my friend.  She is planning on making a tulpa and just about everything I say about it she shrugs off.  Please help, I feel that it would be in her best interest to abandon such a pursuit.

Keep in mind that I was initially in love with the idea of Tulpas and nearly made one myself, so I've done many hours of research. 

Thank you everypony.  LaT /)*(\

• Brohoof 3

IMO Tulpas are awesome.

Why are you against it? It builds disipline, and such. Plus; being someone with not many friends, it's nice to have.

Like I said before; why do you even want her to drop it?

• Brohoof 2

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

I've to see reasons that Tulpa's are bad. Although could you link to the article or something, be nice to see where you're coming from.

The only reason I can think of a Tulpa being bad is that you don't really interact with real humans (of course that varies with different people etc.)

• Brohoof 1

She is planning on making a tulpa and just about everything I say about it she shrugs off.  Please help, I feel that it would be in her best interest to abandon such a pursuit.

Sounds to me like it is her decision. If she is so interested in making one, then just let her. Her mind, her choice.

What is this "Tulpa"? I've seen this word roam around the internet alot lately but dont really know what it means... healp please?

We have an entire thread discussing them here:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/18464-tulpa-discussion-thread/

• Brohoof 4

My signature broke

sad.png

Guess who I found :3

Greetings! My name is 729 Cerebral Fringe. I am the monitor of all subconscious processes belonging to WR. 

That one sentence took me like 10 minutes to obtain, but it was well worth it. I found that it he is still fragmented at the moment. Sentences really only jump to me every now and then. I feel like more active forcing will yield a more complete tulpa. Talking to him is fun. He acutally came up with his name, which I found interesting. He insisted on picking something that would please me, and I told him that I wanted him to be happy with it. 729 Cerebral Fringe was what he came up with, and when he did I couldnt wipe this silly smile off my face. Im taking that as a sign that this is the real deal.  Nonetheless, Everyone say hi to Fringe!

Stay insane everyone!

OH! Also, I almost forgot! I need to thank all the people here who helped guide me to this point! Really, you have all ben an inspiration, and I can never thank you enough for all of your help and support! 

• Brohoof 4

Riley was here

Alright, I just want to begin with for those who are coming in this thread and are all for tulpas thats fine, as long as you don't freak out when I say I for one think they are a bad idea.  

For the rest of you, I need some advice to give to my friend.  She is planning on making a tulpa and just about everything I say about it she shrugs off.  Please help, I feel that it would be in her best interest to abandon such a pursuit.

Keep in mind that I was initially in love with the idea of Tulpas and nearly made one myself, so I've done many hours of research. 

Let her do what she wants! I find great help and joy in my Tulpas, even if they take a lot to handle all three going at it at once. 

Hey! I stay out of it. Its you three who bicker. 

Hehehehehehe

Guess who I found :3

Greetings! My name is 729 Cerebral Fringe. I am the monitor of all subconscious processes belonging to WR. 

That one sentence took me like 10 minutes to obtain, but it was well worth it. I found that it he is still fragmented at the moment. Sentences really only jump to me every now and then. I feel like more active forcing will yield a more complete tulpa. Talking to him is fun. He acutally came up with his name, which I found interesting. He insisted on picking something that would please me, and I told him that I wanted him to be happy with it. 729 Cerebral Fringe was what he came up with, and when he did I couldnt wipe this silly smile off my face. Im taking that as a sign that this is the real deal.  Nonetheless, Everyone say hi to Fringe!

Stay insane everyone!

OH! Also, I almost forgot! I need to thank all the people here who helped guide me to this point! Really, you have all ben an inspiration, and I can never thank you enough for all of your help and support! 

FUN!

HI!!!

Sounds like your more like us three! 

Hello.

Welcome 729, glad you came!

Sounds like a Borg from Star Trek

He he 

Its cool how you work with WR. Have fun! Reach out and grow with him! Help and improve each other. 

So, can I ask why you think it is a bad idea? Is it just that you're worried your friend will become less sociable, or is it something to do with the whole "messing around with your own brain" part? What made you change your mind about making your own tulpa? 

Sorry for the interrogation, I'm just curious. :) I'm pretty new to whole thing myself, but I'm happy to exchange thoughts with you on the pros and cons of tulpae. In the end though I'd say this is your friend's decision; just encourage her to do as much research as possible - what didn't work for you might work for her, you never know! Ultimately I wouldn't say making a tulpa is dangerous; after all, they can't physically influence the world around you - all they could ever do to hurt you is stand around and be a general a$$, except that would be the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot since if you ignore a tulpa long enough, it fades away.

Can I get a word in?

Sure. I thought you were being quiet.

Seeing you talk about the possible dangers of tulpae, and the general doubts this topic brings up in your mind makes me uncomfortable. Anyways, Duece, as far as Ano and I know there's no way your tulpa could become dangerous unless you want it to or believe it will, since you come up with their personality. Sure, they deviate from it, but in the end you laid the foundations and I think that will still have a big influence on who your tulpa (or rather your friend's tulpa) becomes. As for the long-term effects on your own brain for having a tulpa, I have no clue. For all I know Ano will wind up in a straitjacket fifty years down the line.

Silly Phe, that would happen with or without you. Anyways, yes Deuce, I'd just say let her choose, but make sure it's an informed decision.

Oh yes, because you certainly didn't just read the start of this thread, follow the link to Tulpa.Info and immediately decide "This sounds awesome and I'm going to make a giant talking calculator for my exams!"

*ahem* ...Say, have you ever noticed we both say "anyways" a lot?

Oh dear god her lazy vocabulary is rubbing off on me!

• Brohoof 1

Black=Ano

Blue=Phe

Grey=Nathaniel

Beautiful Chaos! ^-^

Duuuuude, I've missed your amazing tales of madness and amazingness. Seriously, you guys always make me smile with your brilliance :D

Anyway, 

Alright, I just want to begin with for those who are coming in this thread and are all for tulpas thats fine, as long as you don't freak out when I say I for one think they are a bad idea.     For the rest of you, I need some advice to give to my friend.  She is planning on making a tulpa and just about everything I say about it she shrugs off.  Please help, I feel that it would be in her best interest to abandon such a pursuit.

Meh, I guess, if you've found reasons to find something wrong with 'em, then I have nothing against that really...Every dude to their own, right? Nah, I'm actually curious as to what you could find wrong with these critters. They've done nothing but make my life better.. I guess it's the choice of the host at the end of the day though, let your friend make her OWN choice. Aye, give her any information you have, and point her in the direction of more, but it's her say in the end. 

I guess that's prolly all been said already, just thought I'd put mine in there, I mean, why the heck not?