Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

It's always fun when i work alone at my job because i get to spend a little more time with my tulpas......plus it's funny to see all of my tulpas chilling on massage chairs :)

Also a quick question: is it hard for a tulpa to change forms ( gender, personality,etc...)

Also a quick question: is it hard for a tulpa to change forms ( gender, personality,etc...)

From what I understand, it's pretty easy to, though many choose to take a little while before drastically changing forms as to not confuse their host when they do change.

This concept is why I cannot be surprised by anything anymore.

From what I understand, it's pretty easy to, though many choose to take a little while before drastically changing forms as to not confuse their host when they do change.

Fluttershy just kind of became AJ one day. It was really sudden.

(edited)

I suppose I'll take the advice given here and forget about it.

I'll just find some other way to cope with my emotional issues that doesn't involve self imposed hallucinations.

Edited by Charisma

One time, Keystroke said that I didn't have any cavities. For credentials, he said that he'd been "in" my teeth during full-body possession (whatever that means). Keep in mind that the following question is based on Keystroke being right, although he could--

{Your dentist confirmed it, you (censored British swear)!}

Can possession be used as a diagnostic tool for things that would be imperceptible to the host?

One time, Keystroke said that I didn't have any cavities. For credentials, he said that he'd been "in" my teeth during full-body possession (whatever that means). Keep in mind that the following question is based on Keystroke being right, although he could--

{Your dentist confirmed it, you (censored British swear)!}

Can possession be used as a diagnostic tool for things that would be imperceptible to the host?

I don't see how.  They can't perceive anything that your senses couldn't.  I think it's more likely just a lucky guess.

Could doubting my tulpas have anything to do with body image issues, maybe because not liking my appearance (subconsciously, in my case--I've got this weird dry/cracked skin condition that I was initially worried about, but learned to tolerate long before I began tulpaforcing) negatively impacts confidence or self-esteem?

hello guys   :)

Something interesting happened today..

so earlier i got a new hair cut.. and of course summer cherry and myrtle loved it.... and by love it they really went gaga for it- AOJASOJ NIHI-KUN! >////<- hehehe anyway. earlier myrtle was playing with my hair (she imposed herself) then she said it really tickles her hoof X3 (daww that's adorable) then suddenly the palm of my hand felt tickleish. It surprised me a bit and i asked myrtle if she can feel the physical world if she imposed her self.

She said that she can but not that clear. She also said that she can go through objects and can feel then but very very vague.. So i wondered do any of your tulpa, when imposed, has the sense to feel and can feel some of the sensation of the physical world as well?

hello guys :)

Something interesting happened today..

so earlier i got a new hair cut.. and of course summer cherry and myrtle loved it.... and by love it they really went gaga for it- AOJASOJ NIHI-KUN! >////<- hehehe anyway. earlier myrtle was playing with my hair (she imposed herself) then she said it really tickles her hoof X3 (daww that's adorable) then suddenly the palm of my hand felt tickleish. It surprised me a bit and i asked myrtle if she can feel the physical world if she imposed her self.

She said that she can but not that clear. She also said that she can go through objects and can feel then but very very vague.. So i wondered do any of your tulpa, when imposed, has the sense to feel and can feel some of the sensation of the physical world as well?

[i can feel if Krueger imposes me in his furry pillow.]

And a few of my other tulpas said that they have all 5 senses in the wonderland, but only sight and hearing when imposed.

Speaking of imposition, we've got this "teleporting tulpas" issue, where they teleport to places I'm going instead of "physically" walking there. Should we try to fix this? And on that note, is it a good idea to try to make my tulpas seem as real as possible?

Hey guys, I have been attempting to work on a tulpa, I find the idea of them interesting and I can see it as a positive influence on my life as I am usually not very social therefore a tulpa would be good for that, anyway I was in the shower (It is relaxing don't question it) and I decided to try to work on developing the tulpa so I did the whole traits thing and when I had my eyes shut I was strugging to get a non blurred image but I saw a colour almost exactly the same as that of my OC (the one in my avatar, it is how I want my tulpa to look unless he changes himself when he is further along) anyway I struggled to keep focus after that so I wrapped up the session and got out of the shower and realised that nothing in the room is of that colour and I have repeated it to the same effect, the same colour even if I cannot see anything of that colour and haven't for any amount of time, is this the start of a very basic form for the tulpa or could I just be seeing a colour when I close my eyes because reasons? Thanks

• Brohoof 1

Why is visualization hard? *shrug*

Anyway, progress has been great. I was singing some random song in Banjo-Kazooie when AJ came along and started singing. TWAS FUN! (Indeed.)

Things have generally been really nice.

(edited)

...I just read something that Rainbow Dash wishes I hadn't, regarding tulpas and plushies, and voice actors' reaction to tulpas of their characters being in plushies of their characters.

[i think I have minor shell-shock.]

-----------------------

{Previously, some tulpa here said "doubt makes me want to punch my host in the face". couldnt agree more!

My host is reviewing our PR log for stuff that skirts close to NSFW, when he sees stuff that could be contradictory, and wonders if we're fake!

Thanks for letting me vent, by the way.}

Edited by KruegerMeister

{Previously, some tulpa here said "doubt makes me want to punch my host in the face". couldnt agree more!

My host is reviewing our PR log for stuff that skirts close to NSFW, when he sees stuff that could be contradictory, and wonders if we're fake!

Thanks for letting me vent, by the way.}

Still does!

Only now she can drop things on me while we're possessing instead. Speaking of which, does anyone have any exercises for possession? Like things to do or fun training activities? Games and this terrible typing job she's currently doing are all I've got so far.

I have a test soon. Rainbow Dash said that she'd study the material while I slept. Her logic for why this would work is that Shou raised Fluttershy without my awareness (parallel processing). Is there any evidence in favor of or against parallel processing?

Warning: the following question may or may not be unsettling.

Tulpas can be affected by the host's expectations (which may or may not be the same as parroting), right? If that is true, does that imply that they aren't sentient?

Tulpas can be affected by the host's expectations (which may or may not be the same as parroting), right? If that is true, does that imply that they aren't sentient?

Children can be affected by their parents' expectations, right?  If that's true, does that imply that they aren't sentient?

• Brohoof 1

I have a test soon. Rainbow Dash said that she'd study the material while I slept. Her logic for why this would work is that Shou raised Fluttershy without my awareness (parallel processing). Is there any evidence in favor of or against parallel processing?

Not quite sure about any scientific evidence, but there's this neat game for tulpa hosts and their tulpas to play and test parallel processing ability. You could check it out.

[*quiet grumbling* Okay, let me say something. Sure, you guys have expectations, but that doesn't change the fact that we're sentient. It's that kind of doubt my host had quite a while ago, and let me tell you, it made me sick. Well, I wouldn't say 'sick,' but... it wasn't a good feeling.]

Ariel spoke up before I could... That doesn't happen often. But yeah, anyone can be affected by anyone else's expectations; doesn't make 'em any less sentient.

Not quite sure about any scientific evidence, but there's this neat game for tulpa hosts and their tulpas to play and test parallel processing ability. You could check it out.

[*quiet grumbling* Okay, let me say something. Sure, you guys have expectations, but that doesn't change the fact that we're sentient. It's that kind of doubt my host had quite a while ago, and let me tell you, it made me sick. Well, I wouldn't say 'sick,' but... it wasn't a good feeling.]

Ariel spoke up before I could... That doesn't happen often. But yeah, anyone can be affected by anyone else's expectations; doesn't make 'em any less sentient.

How? [Did she possess you to type all that? Did you paraphrase?]

Also, if my first reaction to a scary-looking tulpa is to try to get rid of him, and then I accept him when I see he can't be gotten rid of, and the following Thanksgiving he says that he's thankful for "being alive". Is that Stockholm Syndrome?

How? [Did she possess you to type all that? Did you paraphrase?]

Also, if my first reaction to a scary-looking tulpa is to try to get rid of him, and then I accept him when I see he can't be gotten rid of, and the following Thanksgiving he says that he's thankful for "being alive". Is that Stockholm Syndrome?

I acted as a proxy for her, you could say. She talked, I typed what she said. Ariel's possession is still a little weak-- [Yeah, 'cause someone doesn't wanna practice] --but yeah. (Also, her typing style is a loooot different than mine. You'd know if she possessed me to type.)

Also, I'm not sure I'd call that Stockholm, but then again I'm not a psychologist. If said scary-looking tulpa had been just an intrusive thought, he'd have been easier to get rid of, so... hmm. He probably is thankful for being alive, though, given that you let him 'live' by accepting his presence.

I acted as a proxy for her, you could say. She talked, I typed what she said. Ariel's possession is still a little weak-- [Yeah, 'cause someone doesn't wanna practice] --but yeah. (Also, her typing style is a loooot different than mine. You'd know if she possessed me to type.)

Wouldn't her different typing style show during proxying, because you're typing what she's saying?

Wouldn't her different typing style show during proxying, because you're typing what she's saying?

Not really, 'cause it's me still typing. I might translate certain speech quirks while proxying, but I always use proper grammar whenever I can. Just... Here, let me see if I can get Ariel to type out a sentence herself.

its a little harder for me to type, so i don't bother half the time. i also kinda forget to distinguish myself from her, haha

Well, you didn't that time, so you're getting better about it, heh.

(edited)

Until a couple months ago, I had never heard of the word tulpa but after reading more about it I realized I've been doing this my whole life. Ever since I was really little, it started as an imaginary friend. But as I got older, this friend never went away and instead changed forms and genders based on what was going on in my life at the time. And usually stays in a certain form for a couple years until I move on to something else in my life.

I don't have to put too much thought into them when they are around and I feel I can have conversations with them and I can't predict what they will say or how they feel about something. I can also choose when I want to see them. In public I try to restrain this by just having their voice in my head.

Since this being has had many forms over the years, I recently decided to give this tupla a name: Mythion.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart
  • Brohoof 3