Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I may or may not pick this up again. Perhaps in the summer or something. I just really need to get my priorities right. Im going through a rough spot in my life right now, and it doesn't quite seem that things are going my way, so until I fix the situation, I dont get to have anything nice for myself.

I'm really sorry to hear that, and I know how you feel. I hope that everything straightens out for you soon. I'm having some personal crises right now, myself. It's awful, and I hope that you get everything right.

Best wishes.

I've decided to completely document my progress. BTW, I've started over. AGAIN! I've promised myself I wont restart anymore, to my my tulpa as well. making an alicorn tulpa now. maybe it's what I've subconciously wanted the whole time.

• Brohoof 2

I've decided to completely document my progress. BTW, I've started over. AGAIN! I've promised myself I wont restart anymore, to my my tulpa as well. making an alicorn tulpa now. maybe it's what I've subconciously wanted the whole time.

Alicia/Marisa just thumbs-up'd your post, so I brohoofed it. Adam smiles. Heh, this is free interaction right here... Also Marisa likes hugging people... Yes, she changed her name.

Likewise, Pinkie says she's happy more people are getting into tulpa creation. It's been such a fantastic thing for us, and she wishes you the best of luck.

I do, as well. Everyone should have a chance to experience this. I'd love to hear your stories and hear what you document about your progress. :)

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 1

So, last night I almost achieved success in my lucid dream experiment, but RIGHT as I was getting so deep into the hallucination part where I knew I was about to slip into my dream, I somehow inhaled my saliva by accident and the coughing fit brought me out of it, and it was too late in the night to continue.

The hallucinations were... Rather normal. I never really have hallucinated this vividly in my life, so it was a new experience, (as the lucid dreaming before this was activated by a bineural beat experiment) but it wasn't a terrifying one. Actually rather cool. It was comprised of these rapidly moving ribbons of what looked like shadow that first started dancing in the front of my vision above my head, rotating around a center point in an atom-like fashion, then they expanded outward and flying everywhere around me in seemingly random order.

The ribbons then began to order themselves and start to form shapes and patterns, as if encircling objects. Soon enough, the ribbons began to solidify and thicken, and I began to make out the silhouettes of trees, and feeling the sheets beneath me turning to grass as I envisioned myself lying down next to the borders of the Everfree Forest outside of Ponyville. I was getting excited too, along with BJ and Tia, but that was the closest I got before I choked.

2nd try. Getting real close.

Oh, and anyone wondering, Blackjack's kinks have been smoothed out, and she's a lot more mellow, and actually a rather nice addition to my subconscious.

Aw, you don't have to say that. *blushes* But back to the subject, yes, we're ready to try again.

How about it Tia? Up for another go?

Lez do this.

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 3

Good luck.

Yes! Yes!

Meh. Good luck you guys.

Also, my tulpae are now capable of speaking on their own, but don't tend to do much... Usually... outside of when I talk to them and specifically ask their opinion. Like Marisa inexplicably creating a broom and flying straight through me, what she did right now. Remember the molestia-charge-through-Brisneo scene? It's kinda like that. Except less scary, as Marisa isn't imposed at all.

Adam fell down on the floor laughing at Marisa's charge. Heh, it's kinda funny.

• Brohoof 2

Nice, Bris! Trying WILD, it sounds like? I've attempted it maybe 4-6 times, and I've never even gotten that close. I get swirling colors, my body goes numb, but it's just never worked for me. After what seems like an hour (and, upon checking, has been an hour), I'm no closer to WILD and so I just turn over and go to sleep. Maybe I'm focusing on something too much? I have no idea, there's some secret that's eluding me.

You, on the other hand, are right there! Try it again, I'm sure you'll be successful. :) I've only had luck with reality checks and spontaneously realizing I'm dreaming, so I don't have many lucid dreams. Then again, I don't try very hard.

On the topic of tulpas, Pinkie's speech is getting a lot better. Longer sentences, and her voice is changing to be like the show Pinkie, and not just some random mindvoice. I only wish I could actually hear her already...

• Brohoof 1

Well, failed both times the last two days, but it's getting closer. I mucked up the first one just simply because I banged my elbow and the pain was enough to give me a quite restless sleep.

The second try I was able to undergo the paralysis, but wasn't able to concentrate enough to go through the whole thing, thus falling short and having a normal dream about joining the circus.

But I can say, the signs that I'm becoming used to sleep paralysis are becoming apparent, as it begins frighteningly fast for me. (Anytime after 9:00 pm, the very moment I stop moving, the tingling/numb/thick sensation that signs it begins immediately in my fingers and crawls it's way up my arms and legs over the course of 5 minutes, and 15 minutes in, if I'm successful and can control my breathing, I enter the hallucinogenic state)

Try again tonight. I also hear WILD works with naps as well, so I may attempt it sometime today even.

• Brohoof 2

For the last week or so, I haven't felt like I've been able to force. Usually I'll force at night before I sleep, lying down, but I tend to fall into a half-sleep state where my mind wonders randomly until I manage to regain focus (this is great when I want to take a nap; I can think about my tulpa AND not feel sick afterwords! :P ). Sometimes, though, I'll have completely successful sessions, being able to remain in focus the entire session without any feelings of tiredness. I feel most comfortable lying down, which makes me feel like I can interact with my tulpa more easily, so long as I don't doze off.

Since around last week, however, I've hardly been able to concentrate while forcing sitting up, whether it's day or night. By no means am I bored with my tulpa (the thought of treating one like some throw-away scares and disgusts me...), instead I think it could be that I'm bored with my daily life, and that the lack of personal satisfaction is causing me to feel restless.

I'm mostly concerned that we're not making much progress when I force while lying down, but my shaky visualization skills discourage me from sitting down and working on my tulpa's form or our wonderland. I've had short spurts of clarity, but the moments that this happens seem to be unpredictable. Basically, I think I've grown extremely lazy with forcing.

I have been including my tulpa in whatever activity I'm doing, and have been trying to develop her voice. If I'm reading a book, I make sure to read all of the text to her, and think the male characters' dialogue in my mind-voice, and the female characters' dialogue in her voice.

Still, I'm worried that, by me not visualizing her and myself in our wonderland, I could be missing important changes that she is having, appearance or otherwise. I feel like I haven't even been trying lately, that my recent lack of visualizing is causing me to fail her in some way. Of course, I'm not going to suddenly stop forcing or talking to her, but I think I need to try something new during one of our sessions, make things interesting. I think I'm feeling signs of her sentience more often, but it isn't anything recognizable yet, more like strange momentary "influences" in my thoughts, if that makes any sense.

[Edit] Geeze. Only now, hours later, do I realize how stupid my post was. Maybe I should call the waaambulance for myself? I don't know why I was feeling so sorry for myself, when the only way to improve my visualization skills is to visualize, and the only way to focus more is to focus... I think I was just psyching myself out for a while when I actually needed to relax and try my best. Seriously, it wasn't more than two hours after I posted this that I was able to imagine my tulpa and I hanging out in our wonderland. I feel really stupid now. :/

Edited by StingeMuffin
  • Brohoof 2

Try a sort of prism test thing. I haven't seen it myself, but I've tested it out by putting a prism next to Marisa or Adam and asking them to smash it, and Adam and Marisa smash it differently, so I assume progress.

Got a few random thoughts from Marisa and Adam, so I know they're alive and well.

But anyways, I'm hopping around a bit and working on general-area imposition so that it goes along smoother later on. Basically, I put Marisa and/or Adam in some available place immediately near me (Usually an open chair), and work on having them imposed while I'm not actually doing anything. Plus, I let them force objects for themselves, which has resulted in quite a few random shenanigans. Marisa fired a Master Spark during social studies and developed laser vision for smashing prisms to dust, and Adam inexplicably drove in on a tank a minute ago before vanishing the tank to the wonderland. And doing a little storywriting practice, letting Marisa and Adam do most of the work from a prompt, so I can get a general feel for who they are and where they want to go.

This is fun.

Wow, I really DO need to talk to you more.

Also, working on having them be active more consistently. Tonight will be fun.

• Brohoof 2

*I know there is a pony tulpae thread, but there isn't one for human and regular Tulpa.*

If you're here, it's probably because you either saw it and were like 'What is a Tulpa?' or because you know and / or have one of your own and came to share your thoughts, inqueries, or experiences.

For information on Tulpa, please refer to http://tulpa.info

Now, I had my very first forcing / brainstorming session today. It consisted of me addressing and speaking to my tulpa as if it were already sentinent (it's recommended you always act as if they are always with you before they are actually sentinent) and trying to create my Wonderland. I want to do some personality traits and quirks, as well as beliefs and values.

I got a slight headache about fifteen minutes in, which is considered to be a sign you're making progress.

If you have your own experiences with creating or interacting with your tulpa, please post them here, as well as thoughts and inqueries!

(If this topic already exists, forgive me. I searched for a tulpa thread and besides the pony one, I couldn't find one.)

Edited by :: Rainbow Scratch ::
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, I honestly feel this would go under the pony tulpa thread, too. The guys in that thread do discuss tulpae in general, not just pony related ones.

While that is true, I do find it irritating how most of the people there focus on pony tulpae, where this thread is to focus mainly on human or other forms of tulpae, to give them some breathing room from the ponies.

While that is true, I do find it irritating how most of the people there focus on pony tulpae, where this thread is to focus mainly on human or other forms of tulpae, to give them some breathing room from the ponies.

I have to agree with the other guy though. If you want info on tulpae that aren't ponies, you can go to the site that's dedicated to them.

Try a sort of prism test thing. I haven't seen it myself, but I've tested it out by putting a prism next to Marisa or Adam and asking them to smash it, and Adam and Marisa smash it differently, so I assume progress.

Got a few random thoughts from Marisa and Adam, so I know they're alive and well.

But anyways, I'm hopping around a bit and working on general-area imposition so that it goes along smoother later on. Basically, I put Marisa and/or Adam in some available place immediately near me (Usually an open chair), and work on having them imposed while I'm not actually doing anything. Plus, I let them force objects for themselves, which has resulted in quite a few random shenanigans. Marisa fired a Master Spark during social studies and developed laser vision for smashing prisms to dust, and Adam inexplicably drove in on a tank a minute ago before vanishing the tank to the wonderland. And doing a little storywriting practice, letting Marisa and Adam do most of the work from a prompt, so I can get a general feel for who they are and where they want to go.

This is fun.

Wow, I really DO need to talk to you more.

Also, working on having them be active more consistently. Tonight will be fun.

Just after I posted my previous sorry-sap-post, I was inspired to try visualizing some more, just trying my best.

I tried the prism smash thing you suggested, Weapon. My tulpa was sitting on the bed in our wonderland, and I imagined a glass triangle floating next to her and watched her smash it. "Another!" I said, and made a second one appear to her left which she smashed. I had us stop then; I felt like we could quickly become destructive if we continued.

We ended up having a very rushed (less than 30 minute) session, but it was very fast paced and fun. I think she jumped and clung onto my shoulders/face at some point and made me fall over. XD

I think I have more trouble visualizing in the first person. Its like my mind wants to see events play out from a third point of view.

• Brohoof 3

The original Pony Tulpae thread, having been converted into a general tulpa thread, has been moved to the General Discussion area. We hope this makes it more convenient for all members who wish to discuss tulpae. :)

• Brohoof 4

The original Pony Tulpae thread, having been converted into a general tulpa thread, has been moved to the General Discussion area. We hope this makes it more convenient for all members who wish to discuss tulpae. :)

Many thanks for moving this thread Spoon. You're right; I should have named this thread differently so it meant to talk about tulpae in general, since yes, this thread is really for talking about tulpae in general, not just about pony tulpae. I guess I was just fascinated at the time I created this thread about the fact that you could create pony tulpae from all this.

In other news, nothing really major has happened between me and Crep all that much, except that maybe that her presence definitely feels even stronger since last time I posted. That's about it really. Also, I'm probably not going to be able to do any of that lucid dreaming stuff anytime soon, since I've plenty of times forgotten about trying to keep a journal of my past dreams. I might however instead decide to try out this sleep paralysis thing that Brisineo is doing, since I think that I happened to have somewhat experienced this myself accidentally last night.

It felt a lot like you described; a slight numbing sensation through my feet and hands, but unfortunately I was forced to adjust my body's position, as I eventually noticed that I was laying on my arm, which combined with the numbness in my hand from the early stages of sleep paralysis, it all made me feel quite uncomfortable.

I'll try it all again tonight if I can remember. Wish me luck! ;)

• Brohoof 3

I need some help because I was going to go over Dreamchaser's traits one more time. I had all of her traits in my notebook, I looked for it today but I couldn't find it. I remember most of her traits but I don't know what to do about the ones I forgot. I mest up bad, I don't want to start over because the first trait I told her about was loyalty. I wouldn't leave her and she wouldn't leave me. I just need some help please.

• Brohoof 1

I need some help because I was going to go over Dreamchaser's traits one more time. I had all of her traits in my notebook, I looked for it today but I couldn't find it. I remember most of her traits but I don't know what to do about the ones I forgot. I mest up bad, I don't want to start over because the first trait I told her about was loyalty. I wouldn't leave her and she wouldn't leave me. I just need some help please.

If you managed to tell her all of the traits, you can do something else for a bit, like form, until you or Dreamchaser remembers the traits in question. If not, try to remember anyway. If you can't remember, then let Dreamchaser evolve into herself. It's basically how my tulpae got their personalities (Or what I can see of them).

Instead of doing traits, I leave most of my expectations/desires general and let my tulpae decide on who they feel like. Things I wanted to make sure got in but weren't sure if it would be overly restrictive or not, I put out as 'ideals', which are fairly generic. For some reason, they did better in pairs, so I paired them with what fit.

They are...

• Honesty/Loyalty
  • Creativity/Curiousity
  • Logic/Reason
  • Intelligence/Wisdom
  • Helpfulness/Benevolence
Marisa is more outgoing, brave, active, and humorous, while Adam is passive, relaxed, positive, and calm. Both diverged off an original tulpa (Dan), with Adam probably being a true divergence and Marisa being Dan with massive changes to self. Marisa keeps Dan's form for use at random though, which is fine by me They may or may not be able to turn into miniaturized ponies of their own will, considering Marisa and Adam just did it for a few seconds before popping back. Edited by The Weapon