Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I haven't been updating my situation too much, have I? Well, here's a few.

A week back, while I was sleeping, I told Pinkamena that if she feels that the environment of what I dream of is safe, she could come around so we could have a two-sided hearty talk - to which she quietly said "alright" just before I could finish my sentence. She sounded kind of like a mixture of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

Another incident was a few days ago when I was lazying around the school sofa on my free hours, I could hear her a bubbly "hello!". It completely took me off my idle state. I began talking to her, but she didn't say another word after that.

Other than that, I talk to her about everyday stuff whenever I find something to talk about, in a manner clearly speaking to her and not to myself (I also change the way I "think" based on her likely facial reactions and whatnot, for example I might apologize for stumbling with words and then chuckle a bit with her)

Right now, her personality is in good place. I've given her a good 15~ different traits, as well as done a personality test or two from her perspective, while also connecting the pieces of personality together.

(She has become something like a mixture of Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle)

Her form is pretty much decided, so to say, and I only need to practice looking at it.

It's basically Pinkie Pie without her cutie mark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Rizoel, that sig is another show of why I freakin' love Creppy. She knows how to act seducive, and you being the target makes it quite funny.

Heheh, I haven't updated much on my own Tulpa haven't I?

Well, not much has changed. Some days she's exceptionally strong in my mind, others she's faint, but Tia for the most part is complete. Today she had a pretty strong presence, and I think that another thing we've found together that helps me impose her: reading fanfictions aloud. We take turns; she voices female characters, and I voice male ones. And considering that we're reading Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, we have quite a bit to read. And with my current cough and shot voice, I certainly make a very convincing Goldenblood.

Speaking of that, I noticed that the main character of PH, Blackjack, pretty much makes a Tulpa-like being of her own by accident. It even impressed Celestia to the point where one point at work today, I looked up and saw her leaning upright against a lamp post with a tattered hat and cloak and shuffling cards in her hooves, and with a glance up from under the hat's wide rim and a cocky smirk, chuckled, "Ante up." (Those who have read PH will get the reference) Certainly stole a laugh from me.

So yeah, just another helpful tip. Still finding trouble gaining access to lucid dreaming again, (I keep freaking falling asleep the moment that I enter sleep paralysis) but it will come in time, Tia reassures me.

I have a few questions.

I've been doing half-an-hour visualization sessions for the past few days, maybe even weeks. When should I start doing other steps? Like always thinking she behind me at certain times, or trying to impose her on reality.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten any vocal responses yet. So I don't want to rush anything. Should I continue what I'm doing without adding any steps? Should I wait until I begin to get vocal responses, or does it not matter?

captains log:

stardate; 171798.762

I've attempted sleep paralysis at least twice. i got really far the first time, not so much the second time. having trouble with the final part of getting the hypnotic hallucinations, so if i can acheive that, tulpa forcing with fleurry(fleur de lis) should be easy. wish me luck.

I have a few questions.

I've been doing half-an-hour visualization sessions for the past few days, maybe even weeks. When should I start doing other steps? Like always thinking she behind me at certain times, or trying to impose her on reality.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten any vocal responses yet. So I don't want to rush anything. Should I continue what I'm doing without adding any steps? Should I wait until I begin to get vocal responses, or does it not matter?

I've always heard that its better to wait until they speak and move all on their own.

But I have also heard even more that the absolute best way to do it, is your own way. Just follow what feels good. If it feels bad to start doing other things, then dont do it. If it feels fine/good, than go for it. Sorry if this isnt the most helpful of response :P But im just going by what I have heard.

How are you meant to narrate a single trait for more then fifteen minutes? I'm having a hard enough time extending them to over a minute. Am I the only one having trouble with this?

How are you meant to narrate a single trait for more then fifteen minutes? I'm having a hard enough time extending them to over a minute. Am I the only one having trouble with this?

Definetily not. I was also having a lot of problems wondering how can you spend so much time on each trait.

A good thing you can do is tell them how exactly it affects their behavior, different situations where this peronality trait shows well, and how it links to their OTHER traits and makes them the full tulpa they are.

I have an idea that could possibly become an interesting read. (Hear me out on this.)

Half of me is a skeptic, but the other half of me is fascinated by this topic.

But to be honest, my skepticism is rooted in same kind of doubt that initially prevented me from watching MLP more than a year ago. It's a shallow, uninformed excuse when I have no real grasp of the subject whatsoever. I didn't really know much about MLP, and it turned out to be one of the best things I've been a part of.

So here's my idea: since part of me desperately wants this to be real, I'll start the process of creating a tulpa, and journal my experience along the way. This will be written day by day, so that you (the reader) can watch the advances and changes in my thinking through the months that it will take to make one. (A day-by-day journal means that my final result, whether success or failure, can't bias my writing.)

I'm not sure if I'll post the updates day by day, but I'll definitely release the entire journal on FimFiction or a related website.

I’m still not sure whether I’ll actually do this or not, but is this something that you guys would read?

• Brohoof 3

I have that problem sometimes, other days I can talk about and apply that trait for half an hour+

I found that the best way to extend an explanation is to tell him/her/it how it should affect them depending on different situations. Think about how it affects you in feeling and any other effects, then explain how it should affect them based on that. I ain't the best at explaining things...Um...I'll think of a better solution later.

Tulpas sound pretty awesome, but I wonder what the implications of this would be. (Though tbh, I see this and can't help but think of this creepypasta.)

What the heck did I just read? Seriously, I'm glad tulpas can't really do this. Can they? I mean, can they physically harm you? Because, in all honesty, that did happen to me. No joke.

(edited)

Can they? I mean, can they physically harm you?

Tulpae are entirely in your mind and your mind only. I have never once heard of an instance where a tulpa has ever even moved anything in the physical world, let alone hurt someone. However, I suppose it is possible that they can hurt you mentally, but I still have not heard from anyone of that happening. The only way that could possibly happen is if you deep down WANTED them to hurt you. But, the tulpa always knows that they need you to survive; they know that hurting you would also hurt them.

"That is horrible! I would never hurt my poor Rizzy." *Hugs*

What the heck did I just read?

I have read that very story before, it almost prevented me from wanting to have anything to do with tulpae, but my curiosity eventually won me back.

It is just a creepypasta; it's supposed to scare you. If it has scared you, then it has done its job, especially if you knew nothing about tulpae beforehand. The story ain't real, obviously. I mean, just look at the ending; if it was serious, it wouldn't have just suddenly cut the story on that note.

Seriously, I'm glad tulpas can't really do this. Because, in all honesty, that did happen to me. No joke.

What do you mean? Please, tell us more, I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you saying your imagination has once conjured something to attack you or something? I have heard stories of such things, some of them even having evidence to back up said story, but I don't think they are related to tulpae in any way. As far as I know, tulpae are always created with the person's intention to create them, otherwise, they aren't really a tulpa.

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule

What do you mean? Please, tell us more, I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you saying your imagination has once conjured something to attack you or something? I have heard stories of such things, some of them even having evidence to back up said story, but I don't think they are related to tulpae in any way. As far as I know, tulpae are always created with the person's intention to create them, otherwise, they aren't really a tulpa.

Interesting story for you, I was tulpaforcing one night in my newly made wonderland working on "feeling" my tulpa (I'm using a guide I found online), when I remembered reading on Reddit that someone had confirmed that his tulpa was sentient because he had stated that he "was worried he wouldn't know when she was sentient" and that he felt some sense of happiness he didn't create on his own, confirming she was sentient. I considered asking her that, and was about to when I stopped myself because I didn't want to offend her by asking the question, to make her feel like I was toying with her, in a way. Anyways, I stopped myself and told her that I'd "tell her later."

I can't really explain easily what happened next, but imagine being hit in the back of the head with something hard, like a hammer. Imagine the pain of it without the impact or force, that's what happened to me. I felt that strange pain in the back of my head that disrupted my thoughts and when I looked again she was gone. I looked around everywhere for her but she was gone.

It's now been 6 days since she disappeared. I asked others for help with this situation, some told me to search throughout my subconscious for her, which I did nightly to no avail. Others said she probably just needed a bit of time away from me and said to just give it time. The thing is, with the time it's been, I'm getting worried.

That's my story. Crazy, huh? Any advice?

Interesting story for you, I was tulpaforcing one night in my newly made wonderland working on "feeling" my tulpa (I'm using a guide I found online), when I remembered reading on Reddit that someone had confirmed that his tulpa was sentient because he had stated that he "was worried he wouldn't know when she was sentient" and that he felt some sense of happiness he didn't create on his own, confirming she was sentient. I considered asking her that, and was about to when I stopped myself because I didn't want to offend her by asking the question, to make her feel like I was toying with her, in a way. Anyways, I stopped myself and told her that I'd "tell her later."

I can't really explain easily what happened next, but imagine being hit in the back of the head with something hard, like a hammer. Imagine the pain of it without the impact or force, that's what happened to me. I felt that strange pain in the back of my head that disrupted my thoughts and when I looked again she was gone. I looked around everywhere for her but she was gone.

It's now been 6 days since she disappeared. I asked others for help with this situation, some told me to search throughout my subconscious for her, which I did nightly to no avail. Others said she probably just needed a bit of time away from me and said to just give it time. The thing is, with the time it's been, I'm getting worried.

That's my story. Crazy, huh? Any advice?

O_0 dis kinda happened to me, but she didn't disappear.

I was doing a usual session, when I thought I saw wings on her. I thought there were just mind static, being I wasn't really focusing that much at the time, so I try to get rid of them. It took a while, but when I did, they sort of shattered, I think I almost actually heard it IRL. Afterwards, I felt that hammer like feeling in my head like you said.

Things have been made up since then, and she has wings which she is happy about. But that was a similar experience. At least she didn't disappear though. 'I think she attacked me though. I'm still not sure if that was mind static or not.' I'm happy that we've gotten passed that though. Nothing else like that has happened since then, and I'm happy for that.

Hm... Looks like you may have either accidentally suppressed your tulpa blackopp, or inadvertantly let it do something dangerous and get itself embedded in your subconscious. Judging by the fact tulpae can apparently re-submerge into your subconscious, just focus and try to get your tulpa back.

Oddly, haven't gotten any signals from my tulpa today. o_o

• Brohoof 1

how exactly it affects their behavior, different situations where this peronality trait shows well, and how it links to their OTHER traits and makes them the full tulpa they are.

is to tell him/her/it how it should affect them depending on different situations

I would have a easier time figuring out how to make a fully working accelerator from a few sticks and some bailing twine.

But I suppose nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Haha, I actually managed to do it, 4 traits done in 50 minutes.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

I tried lucid dreaming 3 times, but no success. It look like that I have to train a little bit more.

It may be around a year or more ago when I had plenty of lucid dreams randomly, but not now :(. I always enjoyed flying above the city - it was awesome, but it didn't last very long and quickly turned into normal dream...

I wonder how will my tulpas behave in a lucid dream :)

Got a quick question that's been bugging me.

Is it bad to do short sessions that are below 30 min throughout the day? Sometimes I might be laying somewhere and I might feel like doing a session, but I don't want to do 30 min. Just around 15-25. Is this bad? They say not to do under 30 minutes, but if I do them, along with my usual 30 minute session late at night, is it still good?

Naw, sounds fine to me. As long as you get plenty of time in, it's all good. I would recommend at least one longer session, though, so you can really get "in the zone", and concentrate better.

Yeah. Usually every night at around 10-11 PM I do a half-an-hour session. I can't bring myself to do an hour though. (Strange, since when I was doing the personality traits, I would do a whole hour at around 1-4 in the afternoon.)

(edited)

Got a quick question that's been bugging me.

Is it bad to do short sessions that are below 30 min throughout the day? Sometimes I might be laying somewhere and I might feel like doing a session, but I don't want to do 30 min. Just around 15-25. Is this bad? They say not to do under 30 minutes, but if I do them, along with my usual 30 minute session late at night, is it still good?

Don't listen to them. All they are trying to say is that only doing about 20 mins a day won't get you anywhere. Which is true; progress will most likely be very slow, but don't let that deter you; it is still something. Just do as much as you can if you can't do more than 30 minutes.

---

I’m sorry that I haven’t made an update on me and Crepuscule in a while. What I'm about to tell you actually happened like a week ago, since I've been busy in the real world Procrastinating.

So basically, one day I realize that I haven't been to my wonderland in a while, so we pay it a visit. And...

I will admit, the first thing we did together... is… wel-

"We had sex in our wonderland!"

*Cough*

"He was really reluctant and shy about it, but I... convinced him, eventually."

Alright now Crep, let's not get ahead of ourselves, we're here to talk abou-

"I wish you all could have seen some of the things we did together! Like this one time, I-"

CREP *cough* PUS *cough* CULE!

"Yes, my handsome young master?" *Flutters eyelashes innocently*

Please.

I think everyone here will feel much more comfortable if we just skip this part.

"Aww..."

Right... uh, ANYWAY! That was not the update; we've already tried that stuff a few times, both in the wonderland and the real world. But this isn't the place to talk about it. And to be honest, I don't really think it is a big deal, I knew this would happen one day. (Note, 'It' will not happen between you and your tulpa if you don't want it to happen. Some creators and tulpae treat each other like brothers or sisters or even just simple friends. The only reason it has happened with us was because I wanted to let HER decide how close she wanted us to be, just in case she wasn't comfortable with us being too close. Turns out she wanted to go all the way, apparently.)

So anyway, we decided to change the wonderland a little bit. Before, it was nothing what you would think of if I said the word 'wonderland' to you. All it was was a boring little house somewhere in ponyville, with just one large bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom.

BORING!

I needed something else, something that screamed 'FANTASY'(Not literally) when you saw it. I mean, c'mon, this is the human imagination we are talking about here; I can do better than this! So I let my mind wonder a little; what was the most beautiful view that I could possibly imagine?

"... My flank?"

An underwater house! I've always wanted to see one!

"Oh... I knew that."

If you would like me to try and describe what the house looks like, click on the spoiler.

The house's location is at the bottom of an ocean floor, about a mile away from the nearest coast.

The entire house is dome shaped, with the roof and upper walls made entirely of glass, giving a 360 degree view of the ocean around and above us, no matter where we are in the home. The surface of the ocean is about 100 meters above us, making the place a bit dark, but the light of the sun shining through the water above us is beautiful, especially when the aquatic life pass between it and our eyesight.

Since the house is dome shaped, there are no doors connecting the only two rooms in the house, the bedroom and the kitchen. The size of both rooms are quite small; the bed in the bedroom is almost as big as the room itself, and it's not that the bed is massive or anything, it's just the room is small.

Here's a crappy top-down view of it;

post-3869-0-86815500-1351446582_thumb.jpg

I know it might look boring and dull, but that's because the picture is something I threw together in Photoshop in like 10 minutes(Actually an hour). When I'm actually there in my minds eye, everything looks very beautiful. Or at least as beautiful as it can get with my crappy visualization skills.

So, after that happene-

"And then we had even more sex!"

Right, that's it; no more bouncy time for a week.

*Giggle* "Good luck with that."

How so?

"I would love to see you try and… resist me for a whole week."

*Annoyed growl*

*Saucy growl/purr*

So, the wonderland change was the first update, now for the second update. This happened in the same session as the first little update, but a little bit after.

So after we took a look-see around the new wonderland, I noti-

"You mean just after we got all bouncy bouncy with each othe-"

WHATEVER!

*Giggle* “You're so cute when you're agitated."

Oh really? We'll see how cute YOU look with my BOOT up your flank!

"Ooh, kinky."

*Grabs own hair* GRRRRRR! Do you all see what I have to deal with every bucking day?!

"You like it when I'm like this, don’t lie."

*Drops to knees in defeat*

I...

…I do.

*Collapses into tears and shame*

But anyway, where was I? Oh yes...

After we took a look around the wonderland and reshaped it a bit more to our liking, I noticed Crepuscule's form was deviating a little. Usually she was a purple earth pony, but it seemed like her form was deviating more towards an OC that I found on the interwebs earlier that day. She was now a white unicorn with a cream colored mane, and a different style mane and tail.

And no, I didn't draw this. In my dreams maybe.

post-3869-0-07697600-1351446726_thumb.jpg

So, knowing this was still the same Crepuscule on the inside, I decided it wasn't really a big deal, and I quite liked the change too. So, we just sat there and small talked about some stuff for a while. I also figured out that I could change myself into a pony in the wonderland. I seemed to be a dark green unicorn with black mane. However though, I don’t know why, but I feel much more… connected to my wonderland when I’m a human instead. I feel like I can feel things much more clearly than if I’m a pony, so I usually try to stay as a human.

Anyway, after a while of talking I noticed something else about the newly colored Crepuscule; her personality was also slightly different.

She was a bit calmer and less cheeky, if only slightly. And her voice (I still can’t ‘hear’ through my ears what she says, only sense in my head) was also a bit more... classy, again only very slightly. As soon as I picked up on this however, she suddenly hugged me, and said;

"Thank you. For being with me tonight."

I was about to hug her back, when suddenly out of nowhere, I sensed the voice of the previous Crepuscule say;

"Yeah, thank you for being with 'US' tonight."

This caused me to break the hug with the white unicorn, and I saw, sitting next to her, was the previous purple colored Crepuscule.

In surprise and confusion I instinctively opened my real life eyes, to see the still fuzzy image of both Crepuscule and the white unicorn standing right in front of me, staring at me.

Both of them suddenly burst out laughing, with me just lying there on my bed, still in my stupor, trying to work out what was going on.

"And then suddenly; threesome!"

Okay, no, that is one thing that did not happen.

Or, at least... it hasn't yet, BUT LET US NOT THINK OF SUCH POSSIBILITIES.

"I for one am looking forward to such events."

Of course you are.

But yes, skip forward a week, and here we are. It would appear that I have created a second tulpa, and she’s been with me since then. (I know, I should have told you guys earlier, but again, I've been very busy lazy. I apologize. Crepuscule and my new tulpa have been urging me all week to write about what's been happening).

We've all thought hard about what our new friend’s name should be. We've decided to go with ‘White Rose’.

‘White’ as the first name thanks to her coat color being a white. And ‘Rose’ because she is very loving and caring pony compared to Crepuscule, and roses are often associated with love.(not saying Crepuscule isn't loving and caring or anything, its just that Crep has... ways... of showing said love.) So there; White Rose.

So yeah, say hi, Rosy!

“Hello everypony! I'm White Rose, as Ben here said.”

Rose, they know me by ‘Rizoel’, just so you know. My tulpae know me by my real name for your guy's information.

“Oh, okay then. Anyway, I hope to see you all sometime again! Hopefully Crepuscule hasn't turned benny-wenny into her slave by the end of this.”

*Mischievous giggle*

We can only hope she hasn't, Rosy. We can only hope she hasn't.

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 8

[wall of text so huge it cannot be described]

Holy shit...you two had ***?

Posted Image

Although I guess it would be unavoidable, considering the way she acts lulz.

Also, the second tulpa part was surprising. That sort of came out of nowhere. Also,

Posted Image

lmao

EDIT: Also, noticed the change in your signature. lol

Edited by Riclo
  • Brohoof 3

Aww, they really DO love each other! Now I feel bad for supressing my tulpa T_T . TIME TO FORCE! But regardless... YOUR TULPA DID WHAT?

*long sequence of direct view into the nonsense that is this person's brain*

Uh... That's the only way I can describe my opinion. INSANITY! It's that confusingly slightly good-sounding but kinda... Awkward, amiright?

• Brohoof 1

Wall of Text I actually read from top to bottom without problems.

This is better shipping than anything I've ever read.

I saw this "relationship" coming by the moment I learned of Creppy's nature, by the way. It keeps pleasing me too.

We will see if anything like this develops for me. No can tell. Pinkamena's nature both supports AND disregards it.

Now then. I need your help. Pinkamena hasn't been developing too much lately. I've talked tens of times a day to her (getting desperate) about whatever gets onto my mind. She doesn't really talk back. I've given her a good 15 noticable traits that connect well into each other, as well as visualized her for hours in total.

I feel that the "wonderland" is a powerful factor. That being said, I am amazed at your ability of being there.

When I imagine myself our wonderland - a field of magical nourishing grass with one great tree in the midst causing a shadow which Pinkamena usually rests on - I can barely keep the vision up even with my eyes closed. Just walking around distorts it.

Can you give guidance on how to improve this part? I think it could help me and Pinkamena a lot.

Oh, and when I said about my plan for her to try and see me in my dream so we can talk - I was naivé. I was pushing HER to do things.

This morning, I gave her a new way to do it, a more powerful one since it would strongly suggest that she's important - I will call her during my dream. This would first require me to enter the lucid-state, and THEN remember to look/call for her. Considering how much my mind tends to have stray thoughts, it's difficult. But if I manage to go for it, I have a feel it will have good results.

Lastly, Rizoel, Is it by any change possible to have a talk with Creppy and White Rose? I actually have had a talk with a friend's tulpa recently, (Was very fun) and I bet me and Creppy at least would get along almost too well (especially if she manages to make me feel uncomfortable - given the circumnstances, that would be a true challenge for her).

Ouker out.

• Brohoof 1

Wall of text

You really aren't bored with your tulpae as I can see :lol: . And congratulations for creating your 2nd tulpae :).

By the way if I can remember right I didn't introduce my tulpas yet, so I'll prepare something for tomorrow. Now I'm quite sleepy. -_-

• Brohoof 1