Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Opinions on the new Care Bears show?

iDeltaVelocity

I'm definately not going to watch it, I have better things to do, and I will be indredibly surprised if it turns out like MLP. And if they are actually trying to make it like MLP, that just kinda annoys me. They didn't make MLP a certain way to gain viewers, so I think that if they try to make it appealing to guys, it will crash and burn. I'm not going to immediately say that it will be horrible, because I haven't seen it nor will I watch it, and I doubt that it will be anything like MLP.

Wait...that's out already? Well, from what I seen on commercials doesn't look that interesting, maybe it's because it's CGI, and I'm not too big on that kind of animation.

I haven't seen any footage yet. A lot of people are complaining about CGI, and I would agree that it is being overused nowadays. I still prefer two dimensional animation over 3d nowadays with some exceptions (ReBoot).

The only thing good about the old Care Bears (Nelvana) was the villians. I absolutely loved No-Heart, Beastly and Shrieky, if anyone ever remembers those characters.

(edited)

I watched it but am not impressed. I wasn't expecting much but it feels like such a disjointed mess. The original Care Bears and Care Bears movies were much more focused and had more of purpose. This show, although only airing the pilot so far, was confusing and lacked any kind of depth. Yes, I know it's the freaking CB but I would have thought the same before watching MLP:FIM. So, I gave this a fair chance but they definitely missed the mark (unless things improve as it goes on in to the season). Right now, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for anything. The Care Bears are the same size as humans, there homeland in the clouds but instead some alternate lush and green alternate universe, there are very few actual CB characters, and there seems to be zero plot. It's a shame too because I really did enjoy Care Bears when I was a little kid - especially the movies. This is a remake that so far has not improved upon the original. It appears to have stripped away everything good about the CB and all that's left is mind numbingly dumbed down. :blush:

Edited by Jemboi

I've seen a couple previews, and while it does look bad for the over cutsie feel and that vomit educing CGI, I will give this a shot. Not much for the benefit of the doubt that this could be good, but to see how exactly they would try to pull off their little, "new mlp-esque fandom" stunt. I wouldn't have ever cared for this if they weren't intentionally shooting for another large fanbase. It's an exceptional marketing trick to gather curious viewers like me.

So I don't know about you guys, but I'm checking this out. If I did it for Strawberry Shortcake, I can do it for this.

I couldn't even watch 10 seconds of the promo without closing it, my initial reaction after watching it:

Posted Image