Personality Types

Mr. Shoe

I thought I already took this test and posted my results...

Anyhow, I'm ISTP

Introvert = 67%

Sensing = 88%

Thinking = 1% (HERP DERP!)

Perceiving = 44%

I have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

I have strong preference of Sensing over Intuition (88%)

I have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

I have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

I don't necessarily match anypony from the show, but I'm with most of you here!

INFP
Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(50%)  Perceiving(11%)
  • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)
Being around people is scary.  Any second you can mess up and embarrass yourself...

Edit: Unless you are the center of attention because you just did something awesome or you are just feeling awesome.  That is when I become Rainbow Dash. B)

I GUESS I AM LUNA! (In her traditional voice from Luna Eclipsed)

Edited by Horse

Well, here's my score: 

ISTJ

Introvert(44%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(22%) 

Hmm, besides that introverted score, it looks like I'm pretty... neutral.

I do not agree with the introvert score, as I can be a pretty extroverted person at times, and at other times I can be pretty introverted, but whatever. I'm sure if I took it again, I would have a completely different percentages.

Edited by Krenton

Apparently, I'm an INTP.

Introverted- 19%
Intuitive- 60%
Thinking- 39%
Perceiving- 85%

Edited by Wyzecat

Semper ubi sub ubi

Wyzecat supra omnia

INFP! Yay!! 

I used to be an ISFJ when I was a preteen, but it changed over time. 

When I was a kid I was an E... something I don't remember the rest. But I knew it counted me as being extroverted. Not anymore though! XP 

kd1J5pd.png

Me in a nutshell.

Here's something interesting:

Many years ago, I was INTJ with respective percentages 100, ~40, ~90, ~40. Today, I'm INTJ with respective percentages ~50, ~40, ~10, ~0.

In short, I've lost most of my introversion, I'm more balanced between thinking and feeling, and I've almost completely lost my judging trait. The only thing that hasn't changed is intuition over sensing, which remains exactly the same.

I think the N/S barrier is more innate, whereas I/E, T/F, and J/P can vary based on lifestyle. I don't think the N/S thing is something that can really change... I would guess it has more of a genetic or neurological root. Not so for everything else.

I'm a lot lonelier than I used to be, so of course I'm going to move closer to the E. I've gone through a number of experiences that have made me be more considerate of both my own emotions and the emotions of others, so I've moved closer to F in that respect. I've also become so fed up with making plans that get cancelled, that I've completely stopped making plans in the first place. I only plan my life out hours, days, and occasionally weeks in advance. I used to plan years in advance, but I've stopped doing that... it's pointless.

One could also interpret this as developing secondary functions. I do think I still am an INTJ, but the thing is, I've learned to adapt and think in ways that would originally have been foreign to me. Secondary functions are supposed to develop and mature when you're in your early 20s, so that seems about right for me.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we may have had this before, but I can't seem to remember my result, so I suppose I'll take the test again!

And if anyone's interested, somepony has gone and created a corresponding pony MBTI chart, so you can see which character resembles your personality the most.

img-51332-1-personality_chart.jpg

This chart is at least partially wrong - Celestia definitely isn't an INTJ. She is far too passive in her interactions with Twilight - an INTJ would usually just explain stuff, rather than sending people off to learn things for themselves. An INTJ would also be very unlikely to play a joke on someone, as Celestia does with her tea when she visits Ponyville.

And Twilight is too organised and critical to be an INTP - she's probably an INTJ.

Dash and Spike are probably right though.

(INTJ, INTP, ISTP and ESTP are the four types I've looked into in detail).

• 1 month later...

Trying to guess the types of the mane 6:

Twilight: ISTJ, she's organized, she likes doing things by the book and rules (which is more like Si than Ni), and she's good at making plans and being a leader.

Rainbow Dash: Classic ESTP, enjoys physical activities, living at the moment and extreme sports, gets bored easily, and she can be kinda insensitive and arrogant sometimes.

Pinkie Pie: ENFP, random, optimistic, the soul of the party and gets easily distracted by new ideas that might not make sense all the time.

Rarity: ENFJ, she's generous, likes to please everyone, cares a lot about her social status and likes to inspire people (Fe), I'm not totally sure if she's intuitive or a sensor, but her "organized chaos" seems more like Ni rather than Si.

Applejack: ESTJ, she's loyal, honest, dependable, hard-working, a great leader, and she values family and tradition a lot.

Fluttershy: ISFJ, she enjoys safety and quietness, doesn't like surprises or extreme activities (Si), I'm not sure about her Fe because she seems more like a Fi user, but there's no way her auxiliary function is Se (but it could be a low Ne)...

img-27892-1-img-27892-1-result.jpg

Equestria's best unicorns

Here is a new MLP:FiM MBTI chart in case anybody's interested, considering that the old one is pretty outdated.

fb207813a02ef5fe3d70f57994a92c2c.jpg

I'm a ISFP person myself. So I suppose that means I'm like Sweetie Belle. I relate to Apple Bloom a lot more, though.

INTJ (borderline INTP) --reading the descriptions for Celestia and Twi, I find I identify with both descriptions.

EDIT: Ooh, I like the new chart better!  The descriptions are more apt anyway, I don't know too much about the types. 

Introverted: 44

Intuitive: 62

Thinking: 25

Judging: 11

I always find it interesting that INTJ is supposed to be the minority, yet they seem a dime-a-dozen in online forum discussions.  I don't know whether it's just the kind of forums I frequent, or maybe INTJs are more prone to a fascination with personality tests?

Edited by BlueSkies

I took the test and got INTJ.

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(1%)

That's what I've self-judged before by looking on a chart on Wikipedia. B)

I always find it interesting that INTJ is supposed to be the minority, yet they seem a dime-a-dozen in online forum discussions.  I don't know whether it's just the kind of forums I frequent, or maybe INTJs are more prone to a fascination with personality tests?

Perhaps because browsing forums is a nominally social solitary activity?

I also heard that bronies tend to be more introverted than the general population.

I took the test and got INTJ.

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(1%)

That's what I've self-judged before by looking on a chart on Wikipedia. B)

Perhaps because browsing forums is a nominally social solitary activity?

I also heard that bronies tend to be more introverted than the general population.

No, see, the introvert part I get.  That's normal Internet society.  INTJ will probably always be more common online than IRL, but what's odd, is that of all the introverted types, INTJ leads in the poll by a hefty margin.

According to the poll, INTJs represent 21% of this thread (and maybe, by extenstion, the whole website).  A quick Google search shows that INTJs make up only 1.5% of the IRL population, 2.5% of the male IRL pop and .5% of the female IRL pop. 

I might put part of it down to a possible gender skew (I think there's more men on this site than women?).  But this is something I've also seen on websites where the gender divide is pretty even, or even skewed towards female. 

• Brohoof 1

ENFP

Extravert(11%) iNtuitive(75%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(78%)

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (78%)

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

I'm an ISTP. Huh, though I was an INTJ. I got half right, though.

This is your average, everyday annoying signature.

Are you seriously reading this?

Really?

Wow. I didn't think you'd actually waste enough time to get to the fourth line.

Or the fifth, for that matter. What, am I interesting or something?

INFJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)

•You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

•You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)

•You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)

•You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)