Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A shifty deal..

ZomBrony

@Emerald<3

Eclipcia Darkmoon had found his way back to Ponyville after an extended visit to Manehattan with his marefriend. He had been missing his friends lately, but after staying in Manehattan for so long, he was also in dire need of some cash. The way of life was different in Manehattan and he needed money to do just about anything there. He was actually here in Ponyville looking for a conventional job, but when a group of mysterious, cloaked ponies came to him with an offer of 500 bits straight up, for what seemed like a simple job, he couldn't refuse. He took the scroll from them and was informed it would be best tested if multiple ponies were around. So now he was wandering the streets looking for some familiar faces.

Conch Shell was walking the streets of Ponyville pulling her cart behind her. She was coming in from Winsome Falls, where she lived. She worked as a travelling merchant, so she came to town quite a lot. She was setting everything up and put on her best smile,the pegusus waving hello to any passersby. She already missed her peaceful home, but knew that it would be fine because she never stayed for too long. 

Clippy saw the friendly pony and waved back at her. He hated to bother the merchants of Ponyville since they were always working when they were out, but she was the friendliest pony he'd seen so far and he'd certainly not seen anypony he knows yet. If only he knew the power of what he was about to unleash. He probably would have taken his time with it then.

But he didn't know, so he approached the mare and greeted her with a nervous hello. "Good morning, ma'am.. Would I be able to take a moment of your time?" He asked her.

@ZomBrony

"Of course!" Conch Shell answered, walking around her booth and smiling at him, "How may I help you today, sir?" She asked politely, a smile present on her face.

She always liked interacting with others. In fact, she had even made some long-lasting friendships through her profession.

The mare's utter sweetness was a bit overwhelming for the socially awkward pony. He blushed and grinned at her as she came around to talk to him with that gorgeous smile.

"Um.. I've accepted a job from a group called the Overseers. I'm a bit worried about it since they seemed kind of shady.. But they wanted me to test this spell," he said, showing her the scroll he had been given. "They told me to make sure I test it when other ponies are around. But I don't want to do that without a willing volunteer."

@ZomBrony

Conch Shell was nervous at first, but quickly collected herself. This wasn't that big of a deal. It was just one untested spell, so it wouldn't be anything to worry about.

This stallion seemed trustworthy enough.

But what if...

She shook her head to clear her thoughts, I'm overthinking this.

"Okay." She agreed, "But I think we should go somewhere with less ponies. We don't want them to be affected as well." She commented, packing her things up and pulling it behind her once again, "What do you think?"

"I think that sounds like a great idea.." Something I should have thought about myself, he thought, feeling guilty. He was also nervous about just how compliant this mare was. He had learned by now that ponies usually were willing to help, but this mare was being so nice it just made him even more concerned about making a good impression.

"Um, I'm Eclipcia by the way. What's your name?"

@ZomBrony

"I'm Conch Shell." She stuck her hoof out for a shake, "It's good to meet you."

It was strange to think about, that as much as she loved meeting new ponies she didn't like living in any towns or cities. Her bad experiences had made her prefer living by herself, and she was actually very happy with how her life had turned out.

"Where do you suggest we go?" 

"You too, Ms. Conch Shell." He shook her hoof. "And, well.. I think you made a good point about not wanting to have too many ponies around. I'm also just now realizing I should have asked the Overseers more questions.. I agreed so quickly to do this because I need the money. And honestly.. They were kind of scary." He took a moment to think about her question. "Hmm.. Are you afraid of Everfree Forest?" He asked. "We don't have to go too deep into it, but even just getting close should ensure not many ponies are around.

Fear of the Everfree was a pretty obvious yes for most ponies, but for Eclipcia, that was where he lived. It all tied back into a fairly complicated backstory.

@ZomBrony

"As long as we don't get too deep, I should be fine." She explained, "Could you show me the way, though? I've never been to that part of Ponyville. I usually stick to areas like this, because this is where I sell my things." She smiled,"So, I'll be following you then."

Eclipcia smiled as Conch Shell agreed to follow him. This was going better than he thought! Maybe socializing wasn't so hard after all. "Yeah, I can lead you there. It's honestly not too far." He still felt highly self conscious as he led the way, but this was one of the things he was slowly getting better at with time. He just focused on walking straight ahead, getting a bit excited as he imagined his beautiful home again. He knew they wouldn't be visiting it, as it as quite deep into the forest, but just being near nature was nice for him.

He led her straight up to the treeline and stopped outside of the woods, looking around to confirm that there weren't many ponies.  A few were still relatively nearby aside from Conch Shell, but not nearly as much as in the town center. And if she wanted to wait, it wouldn't be long before they passed.

@ZomBrony

"So, how're we doing this?" She questioned, sitting down, "Like, are there any instructions or are we just reading this out loud? I'm not well versed in magic, so I'm not sure." She shrugged, "But if we're doing this right now, why don't we go ahead and do it? I'm kind of curious... and excited... and nervous..." 

Eclipcia chuckled. "Ahh.. I'm glad you're so vocal, Conch. I feel the same way, but I've been keeping it in. Except I might be even more nervous.. You didn't see the Overseers, and me, knowing at least a little bit more about magic than you do, I know it could be a trap. Just some kind of cruel joke that only affects the caster.." He took a breath. "But, it is 500 bits, and it's for science! I'll share my earnings with you too since you so kindly volunteered."

Looking at the mare's blank expression for a moment, Clippy came to his senses. "And oh yes.. I was just going to read it. That's all magic is, did you know? Even the basic spells like teleportation and horn glow. They're all spells you learn in schools of magic and you cast them by chanting them in your head. In this case.. It's an unknown spell, so I'll be reading it out loud." He told her. "Are you ready to try this?"

@ZomBrony

Taking in a deep breath of air and letting it out, she nodded slowly.

"Now or never."

Please don't let this be painful! She begged internally, I hate pain...

Whether it be physical or emotional, she just couldn't stand the thought of pain.

Clippy read the spell slowly, struggling with its foreign tongue. He didn't know much about magic, or anything really since he woke up here as a new pony. He was lucky to have learned even the basic spells again, but this one still seemed different somehow... He was already feeling woozy before he even finished the scroll. It seemed like Conch Shell might just get her wish of a painless spell, but it did make Clippy feel light headed.

It was a strange state of bliss he found himself in when he finished reading. He felt so light.. Like he was floating, and then he realized he was! The world seemed frozen around him in a state of grey, and he could feel a suffocating force closing in on him. As darkness rapidly approached, he tried running away in a panic and then blacked out anyways.

(edited)

Conch Shell covered her mouth in horror, about to call out to Clippy when the same blissful sensation. 

She was levitated into the air, screaming in terror as the suffocating force closed in.

No! Stop! I don't like this!

The world went black, and she passed out.

Edited by Emerald<3

"Ughh.." Clippy woke up awhile later. How much later, he didn't know. He looked around in a stupor and he felt like something was wrong. The buildings around them.. and the trees, they were in the wrong places.. What did that mean?

As he looked around and his vision cleared, he saw his body lying in front of him. Uh oh.. That doesn't look good. What happened? He wondered, not making the connection yet.

(edited)

Conch Shell woke up just minutes after Clippy. Her body seemed heavier, though she did manage to get up after a few tries.

Her eyes widened as she saw a mare standing in front of her.

And the mare looked a lot like... her.

"AHHH!" She screamed, touching her throat as she realized how much deeper her voice had gotten.

"Wha... h.. how did... what did... who are you?"

Edited by Emerald<3

"Well.. Y-you're me.." He said, piecing things together. He understood what had happened now, but hearing his voice come out as a female voice was still startling. "O-oh my.." He said, sitting down. 

"Well.. I'm sorry this happened, Conch Shell.. I swear I didn't know!" He sat there cautiously, wondering how she would respond.

@ZomBrony

"I- it's okay..." She lied, plastering on a fake smile.

What the hell is going on? This is all so confusing. Why did I do this? I don't know him. Calm down, Conch, just calm down. You're fine, everything's gonna be fine. She thought to herself.

(edited)

Clippy, in Conch's body, just sat there processing what had happened.

He was about to speak when a bolt of lightning struck nearby. The energy was purple in colour and dark clouds rolled in along with it. "Ah.." An omnipresent voiced boomed around them. "So that's what the spell does.. How fun~"

As the clouds cleared, fear struck in the stallion's.. mare's heart. He recognized the echoey voice of the Overseers. And it was all of them. They spoke as one, as the group of five closed in around them. "How fun.. But of course, you can't still expect your reward, Mr. Darkmoon. To prove to us that this spell really works, you must find the cure. And who is your little friend here?" They asked, looking at Conch in Clippy's body. They clearly knew exactly what had happened.

//And now I have to go to work again. :c Am I doing good so far? :P

Edited by ZomBrony

@ZomBrony

(Yes you are)!

Conch Shell... in the Stallion's body covered 'His' ears. As brave as she was, she hated thunder and lightning.

"M... m... my name is Con...Conch Sh-" She suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs, bending down and covering her face with her hooves, "I... I'm Co... Conch Shell." She introduced, "I'm... I'm sorry sir... I just can't stan-- ah!" 

Her entire body was shaking and she began to cry.

It was strange seeing a stallion cry so openly.

Clippy's sweet little mare heart broke as Conch Shell had her breakdown. The Overseers cackled, their voices filling the air once again. They disappeared with a loud zap and the weather instantly cleared with them.

Now the pair was just sitting there on the road, as passerbys stared at them in shock. At least it seemed like none of them were affected. But he felt horrible for the poor mare he'd just met, even in his body. He walked up to her unsteadily, not used to the smaller body. He hugged her tightly and hoped she would calm down. 

It felt pretty weird with their bodies swapped, but he had to hug her if she was crying like that.

(edited)

@ZomBrony

She returned the hug, Conch Shell's breathing calming down to a steady pace as she let her new friend hug her.

"I'm sorry..." 'He' apologized, "I just... I hate thunder and lightning... I'm brave though, I promise." She said, "I promise..."

She pulled herself up and sighed, her ears drooped downwards, "What are we supposed to do now?" She wondered, "I'm street smart, not book smart."

Edited by Emerald<3

"I don't know why you're apologizing, Conch Shell.." He said. It still felt so weird talking to her as himself.. as her. With a female voice.

"We all have something we're scared of. My biggest fear is being left behind.. But you ask an excellent question. And the answer is, I don't know. Instinct tells you just to try casting the spell again, but that probably won't work. I don't know how old this magic is, but Celestia outlawed spells that can be "un-cast" just by repeating them because it was too easy for magic students. And I'm scared of what might happen if I actually did.. This is some dangerous magic. It might have unexpected side effects." He warned.