Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health What are some health-related issues you deal with?

CandyCorn

This can include anything from disabilities to mental health issues to chronic health. I'm just really curious to know what everyone deals with. :3 What do you like/hate about the things you deal with? Is it something you've learned to accept (why or why not?)

I'm on the autistic spectrum, but I also have ADHD and anxiety. The last two, I'm not too overly thrilled about tbh. .-. I embrace my autism as being part of who I am. I wouldn't give it up for anything. It's given me the chance to meet some amazing friends who I can relate to and who like me for who I am etc. 

• Brohoof 1

As far as I know I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I'm half deaf :huh: Tbh I don't really hate it as much since I've gotten used to having them, but they can still cause me a bit of trouble in public sometimes :twismile:

• Brohoof 1

Let's see... Autism Spectrum, then an enlarged heart, arthritis, I once tore my kneecap off of my left leg, took time to heal that and it gives me trouble since, I am rather nearsighted, ah, and a thing called a spinal radiculapthy (haven't a clue whether I've spelled that correctly) which means I can't really feel my right leg, even though I can walk on it

I struggle with insomnia, panic disorder, depression, and borderline personality disorder.
I have been on medications for these for some years now, about 17.

It took 12 of those years to find the correct mix.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

general anxiety, major depression, and social anxiety (which is easily the worst of the bunch; even as a child i was diagnosed with selective mutism so i've always sorta been scared of other people/social situations). i also have hypertension, ednos, and i'm nearsighted if that counts lol? 

• Brohoof 2

I have a combination of both physical and mental issues.

First off; I have a blood clot in my right leg that has calcified. As a result I am on blood thinners for the rest of my life and my leg has signs of the trauma suffered. Along with that I am prone to kidney stones, have various issues with my back, and also an issue with an area of my back after falling 6+ into a pit; likely a hematoma that causes extreme pain at times.

On the mental side, I deal with anxiety, depression, and panic/anxiety attacks. A lot of these were only discovered recently, but I am on medication for them.

There's also reflux...ugh.

• 1 month later...

No health issues here, just dealing with with your everyday’s society bs. God, I sometime wonder how I’m still keeping myself sane.

Update on back issues: according to an x-ray (and TBC by MRI later) I have arthritis in my lower back, as well as a potential disc issues. The pain in my back has been so severe I've had to walk with a cane recently. That said, currently on some pain meds that at least let me walk normally, but the soreness & hematoma are still there.

I have muscular hernias that are rather prominent in my left leg. Both of my big toenails are abnormal. I have to regularly cut them back far shorter than most people would in order to avoid ingrown toenails. I must have them surgically removed or altered at some point in the future. 

Autism level 1 (minimal support…that’s part of the new classifications), anxiety, adhd, acid reflux, allergic asthma. More allergy sneezing and sinus issues but I will use my inhaler if I cough too much.

I've been told to watch my blood pressure. I have high cholesterol as well, but that's due to genetics, so not much I can do about that. Will probably have to go on medication for that eventually.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Acid reflux, which hadn't been a problem until the beginning of this year. After some medication and lifestyle changes, it went away. Although it does come back every once in a while. I suffer from sleep apnea as well. I also have chronic headaches. 

Prior to my major weight loss, I took 2 blood pressure medications and 1 for underactive thyroid. Also had no self esteem or confidence.

After losing over 100lbs and putting on a lot of muscle, I reversed those conditions and no longer need any medications. I'm like a different person now and much more confident too! Main thing that bothers me sometimes is my right shoulder, usually after a hard workout.

• 1 month later...