Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most frustrating thing you currently dealing with in life?

Reecejackox

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Most frustrating? That’s an easy one. The most frustrating thing lately has been trying to book a trip to Japan that I’ve been planning for two and a half years. I spent the last couple years learning the language (not an easy task), getting a passport, vaccinations, armloads of necessary materials for the trip, and waiting for the country to open its borders to foreign travelers. Now, after all that, I finally book my trip only to find that 80% of the places I wanted to visit there are now permanently closed (we’re talkin’ major attractions that Japan is famous for). Naturally I was informed of all these closures AFTER I spent the $2500 I’ve been diligently saving for airfare, and booking my hotel. So now I have to shorten my trip, cancel reservations and change my flight (which cost me another $300). To make things worse, my travel agent booked all the wrong seats on the flight in both directions, and didn’t run it by me before she charged my card and rendered it non-refundable. Now I have to change the flights again and spend even more money. One thing I was adamant about was having window seats on all flights; not the seats situated over the view-blocking wing of the plane, but seats with an actual view (this is important on a 14 hour flight) but she put me over the wing on every flight, including connecting flights, from end to end. And instead of connecting me through the airports I specified, she put me on a roundabout route that adds hours to the travel time. But wait, there’s more! Now that I scrapped everything I wanted to do in Tokyo, I cut the trip down to four days (from the original seven) and made it strictly about the Disney parks there. So naturally the geniuses running those parks decided that they’d pointlessly restrict every service and amenity they used to offer. No more Park Hopper Passports, no more buying tickets at the ticket booths (they’re closed now) and I have to be a guest at their (now reduced) list of hotels just to guarantee getting tickets to the parks at all. Standby lines in the parks now need a reservation (and these are just the regular lines, not Fastpass!) All the little extra things that used to make these parks magical are gone now and I’m left with the bare bones and paying full price for them. And for this I spent years in preparation and saving. Thanks to all the overblown covid stupidity, the world realized it can cut everything down to nothing because they can get away with it. No more extended hours, or businesses open at all. The only people working are the ones sitting in their little board rooms dreaming up lame ideas to restrict more and more things without even realizing why. I mean, how does it help anyone to restrict customer service that doesn’t even remotely involve human contact? And let’s get real folks, we’re not gonna rock the covid excuse forever just because it makes life simpler for those who don’t want to work.

I’m not going to say these frustrations are important in the vast scheme of things; this is just a silly vacay and I’ve been planning it forever, so why should it feel like I’m trying to get to the moon?

Ugh, that sounds terrible. I know Japan is one of the most covid hysterical places there is. Maybe it makes sense because so much of their population is so old but I wouldn't even try to travel these days.

Wow, that sucks. I hope you can get fair hours with fair rewards.

To be completely honest, it is my state of mind. I don't function very well. If it wasn't because my family takes care of me, I would be homeless or dead, by now. I don't know if I have schizophrenia or autism, or both. But I spend most of the time isolated from people, and then I have these moments when I shut down. Sometimes I woud be doing exercise and get lost in thoughts for so long I start to fall asleep. And part of me doesn't wanna move. So, I will be there trying to not fall asleep, even when the bed is five seconds away from me. I barely go out of my house, and have this irrational fear of going outside, even when I live in a pretty nice place.

Here are some of the symptoms of this illness. Developmental delays in childhood. Struggles during school. Suspiciousness of other people. Decreased self-care. Social isolation and increased introversion. Disorganized thinking and problems recognizing cause-and-effect. Inappropriate social behavior. That is me in a nutshell.

I think I have schizophrenia but I was never properly diagnosed or treated as one. And my family just "wanted me to be normal" instead, or they didn't realize it. But whenever I mention them some of my symptoms, they simply disregard them. But none of this is normal. I feel very broken.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 2 weeks later...

My job. You know when two people wrong you so badly and you can’t showcase a single negative or aggressive emotion because they’ll run with it. Since I’m a “bully”.  So now I get to bottle and suppress even more unpleasant emotions about my job on top of the ones I already had. I’m supposed to be happy while slander and lies are being spread about me. 

• Brohoof 1

Family STILL nagging me to find a girlfriend, despite having told them "Not interested" a million times already for years. One would think they would get it at some point and shut up about it.

I will have to say my bad luck with relationships is kinda frustrating. I find it very hard to feel attraction to someone, and on the rare occasion i do catch feelings for someone they either turn me down or they are taken already, basically there is always some roadblock keeping me from finding "the one". My last relationship really broke me, I have come back from it, but it's changed my viewpoint on dating as a whole. 

I'm also very busy, my work keeps me from really being able to commit to anyone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being single, in fact I prefer it at this time, however every once in a while i can get a little lonely...but hey that's what my friends are for! :BrightMacContent: 

30 minutes ago, Missy Rascal said:

I will have to say my bad luck with relationships is kinda frustrating. I find it very hard to feel attraction to someone, and on the rare occasion i do catch feelings for someone they either turn me down or they are taken already, basically there is always some roadblock keeping me from finding "the one". My last relationship really broke me, I have come back from it, but it's changed my viewpoint on dating as a whole. 

I'm also very busy, my work keeps me from really being able to commit to anyone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being single, in fact I prefer it at this time, however every once in a while i can get a little lonely...but hey that's what my friends are for! :BrightMacContent: 

Maybe a short term relationship. A little bit more casual.

Now, "the one" is a very real thing. It requires commitment and maturity, though. But I've seen this kind of relationships and they renew my hope in humanity. The level of care that some people can have for one another is inspiring for me. Meanwhile, I also see a lot of people betraying and pinballing from one side to another, and it is a little disappointing. Like the other day I saw this sketchy guy who wanted to buy my house for nothing when I was experiencing economic problems some years ago. And he was imprecating another dude because he found him being too "personal" with his wife. The same woman that used to eye-ball me, too. So, sketchy people attract sketchy people, I guess. But that's part of our animal nature in the end.

Which means it is also about trusting your instinct, and not getting hang up on ideals. Or you can die alone and sad. "Oh, sooo saaad". Hehehe, but yeah. So, do not worry about it. You just be yourself and you will find the right person. The best of lucks and and a non-inappropriate hug to you.

My friend. For one thing I'm just disappointed in her because I thought she had more self respect than this. Even more so just better behavior for her age and intelligence. I know she's smart. When I found out she was going to be kicked out and have to live on campus until the summer I offered for her to fly out here and we could get a place together incase she really does end up having nowhere else to go after college. But then after offering that we talked and she told me why she's being kicked out.

There's a lot of reckless irresponsible behavior to the point where I don't know if this is someone I can even share a place with. Even more so its trying to explain why her "first date" she had last night with this guy she met online was the biggest red flag scenario in the world and not having her understand it. But this isn't the first time where I've clearly told her why certain situations are not good ones to be getting involved in and having her toss it aside but coming running to me when things get bad after I told her so.