Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Japanese Student/Actor/Model/Pone

Jess S.

Hi! Name is Jessie and I live in Tokyo, Japan attending language school and I work as a Japanese TV/Film actor and commercial print model for Japanese clients. Been a pone fan since 2012 and wanting to making new fwends. 

Ask questions and I may have answers.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, FeatherStream said:

what is it like living in japan ? 

Lol sorry I forgot to reply to your message earlier. Busy day. It’s pretty cool but very different from visiting short term. Dealing with immigration can be annoying and being one of the only foreigners in a sea of Japanese people can be a little unnerving but I like it here. Health insurance is cheap, healthy food is plentiful, good nightlife (if in Tokyo or Osaka), transportation is always on time, etc.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Who's your favorite pony?

And is that really you in your profile picture? 

Princess Cadance! Praise the Pink One!

And yes that's me. I have longer hair nowadays which I'm not too much of a fan of.

2 hours ago, Madam Rarity said:

Did you know that Tokyo, Japan will be hosting 2020 Summer Olympics next summer?

Lol You have no idea. I live down the street from Skytree here in Sumida-ku and I see it promoting it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Also I keep seeing billboards, commercials, announcements, etc. promoting it. The Japanese are crazy about the upcoming Olympics. Kinda annoying really.

33 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Like how popular is pony over there and how is it viewed in general? 

Also which district of Tokyo are you in? 

I rarely ever see anything pony here which is weird because of its "かわいい" aesthetic. There's a few bronies here in Tokyo and then there's Japan Ponycon which is pretty cool.

I live in Sumida-ku across the bridge from Asakusa. I live down the street from Tokyo Skytree.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

@Jess S.

Hi Jess, the Rooster has a question.

Do you like ramen and if so, what's your favourite type?

ラーメンが好です。とてもおいしです。

Basically yes I like ramen. Honestly, a little tired of it though. Lol

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, LeafFerret said:

How did you get into a cartoon that is based in Canada/California?

Lol well I'm from Washington State. I just live in Japan right now so pretty easily.

• 2 weeks later...

お元気ですか?

Do you enjoy any anime, manga, or tokusatsu? I find, internationally speaking, Dai Kaiju is usually the easiest to get into. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman. Feel free to call me an otaku or weeb, makes no difference to me. :mlp_smile:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, Thuja said:

Anything you really miss from the US that you hope Japan could have?  Like snack or food wise?

Cheap, big pizza! Also Cheeze-Its :D

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

お元気ですか?

Do you enjoy any anime, manga, or tokusatsu? I find, internationally speaking, Dai Kaiju is usually the easiest to get into. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman. Feel free to call me an otaku or weeb, makes no difference to me. :mlp_smile:

元気ですけど今日はとても暑いよ!今、アイスクリームを食べています。

I actually don't watch anime much surprisingly. I do read manga every now and then to help with reading. I usually watch TV dramas here for Japanese practice and to "research" for work. Lol

I see Super Sentai all the time here on TV and I do watch it every now and then.

• Brohoof 1