Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - Sept 2019

King Sombra

12 hours ago, Snow said:

Yo, what is the font used on the existing images? I want mine to match D:

yup, it was done by hand, but you can always just copy-paste letters that are used already in the others, then just fill in the ones that aren't there, it'd be easier to match it that way

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*sigh*

As much as I want to contribute / participate in this contest...I don't really have any way of doing digital art (besides tracing over hand-drawn things that I scan), and I've never really done backgrounds before, so I'd be the runt of the litter.

• Brohoof 2

Alright I posted mine, although my style aren't quite similar as the comic since I tend to go all out on my own style sometime but this will do...I hope.

(yes...I've done yet another Harry potter reference. :LunaMCM:)

Spoiler

PS: I already got the art badge too from the past, I just want to let you know @Lord Valtasar. I'm just here for the contest itself.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, fare67t said:

*sigh*

As much as I want to contribute / participate in this contest...I don't really have any way of doing digital art (besides tracing over hand-drawn things that I scan), and I've never really done backgrounds before, so I'd be the runt of the litter.

Traditional art is ALWAYS welcome. Art is art, no matter what. You should give it go! :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, fare67t said:

*sigh*

you could always print the picture we provided and draw on the empty panel, but it's up to you, no pressure

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

you could always print the picture we provided and draw on the empty panel, but it's up to you, no pressure

I'm sure if i draw non-landscape style, i could squeeze it in when i transfer to digital via SAI or such.

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, fare67t said:

I'm sure if i draw non-landscape style, i could squeeze it in when i transfer to digital via SAI or such.

that is up to you, there isn't any rules that say it needs a landscape

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

that is up to you, there isn't any rules that say it needs a landscape

I meant landscape as in paper orientation. But yes, my background is probably going to be not-so-detailed

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I know that feeling. Procrastinators unite... tomorrow!

It's also kinda hard to juggle trying to be active in like...4-5 or more different pony themed places

on top of gaming friends distracting you sometimes

trying to draw things / get people's interests so you can eventually get commissions

AND trying to write a fimfiction story.

Just now, fare67t said:

It's also kinda hard to juggle trying to be active in like...4-5 or more different pony themed places

on top of gaming friends distracting you sometimes

trying to draw things / get people's interests so you can eventually get commissions

AND trying to write a fimfiction story.

Sounds like you’re very busy! It’s okay though. It looks like there’s another contest on the calendar starting in December!

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Sounds like you’re very busy! It’s okay though. It looks like there’s another contest on the calendar starting in December!

Meh, I'ma still try and squeeze in an entry to this one x3

Not gunning for being a winner obviously, but still~