Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

cus im a big FAN of applejack and beore i got into beng a HARDcore brony all my usernames had Kags in it

Kags is a name i got when i used to race huskies in alaska when i was 12-16 and the older inuit townsfolk called me The Kags. i believe Kags is an inuit word for Sleepy Man.

Eh wot, you mean me? I chose my name because I wanted something that sounded intellectual, something that might make me seem clever or something like that. If you look closely, you'll notice that it's a near-anagram of "everfree forest", and it uses the same syllables. Also, "forever freest" has a lot of meaning, don't you think?

HT history lesson time!

The first username I ever used was "LEGOMations0091". That was my first YouTube channel's name. I was really into making LEGO stop-motion animations at the time, so I wanted a username which would pertain to that. Unfortunately, "LEGOMations" was taken, so I just mashed some random number keys to create "LEGOMations0091".

A few years later, when I got my 3DS, I was introduced to the Legend of Zelda series. I was enamored with it, so much so, that I decided to create a new channel dedicated to gaming. I called it "HylianMadness", the "Hylian" part coming from Legend of Zelda games, specifically the Hylian Shield, and the "Madness" part coming from the fact that I'm insane. I almost never used this channel though, as I had nothing to record game footage with. A few months down the road, I had to delete LEGOMations0091 because of something that I'd rather not talk about. It was then that HylianMadness became my main channel. I never uploaded anything gaming-related to the channel, instead, I just put up a bunch of random videos. 

Fast forward to May 3, 2012. I had just become a Brony the day before, and I was already obsessed. I had previously come across this forum when searching for an image of Pinkie Pie. Why? So I could make an image of me stabbing Pinkie Pie with a sword. (Hey, cut me some slack, I was a despicable hater. I hadn't seen the light yet.) Well, when my transformation occurred, I remembered this site and immediately joined. The first username I used was HylianMadness. I used it for absolutely everything. If I ever made an account anywhere, I would use HylianMadness for the username. 

And now, a few name changes later (Professor 41, HooliganSadness, HylianRAGE, etc.), we arrive at my current username, HylianTwilian. I recently caught the Twilight Sparkle bug, and became obsessed with her. I wanted to change my username to something that would incorporate "Twilight Sparkle" in some way. I thought about it, then it hit me: "HylianTwilian! Of course! It has to do with Twilight Sparkle, it rhymes, it's somewhat witty, and it uses part of my old username so people will still know who I am! It's perfect!"

TL;DR, My name changed a few times and now it's HylianTwilian.

My username is *derpy* because I like the character (and I put *s because derpy was already taken) she is a nice background pony (she is also my favorite pony) and shows up on almost every episode. (The mane 6 do too, but they are not background ponies) She is also like me sometimes because i'm clumsy and I ask stupid questions, and I always try to annoy people.

My username is actually an abbreviation of my usual username:

Cowlquape

Cowlquape is my favorite character from a children’s book series (The Edge Chronicles). I have used this username so long that I don't really remember when I started using it (2005 maybe?). 

Occasionally I shorten it to Cowl, append other words to the end for specific purpose email addresses (ex CowlSpam), or sometimes when I need a full name I use Cowlquape Pentephraxis (the characters full name).

I chose mine because of Halo's Spartan Super Soldiers, and The Spartans of Greece, mainly for their battle of Thermopylae. No, i learned about thermopylae before i saw '300'.. but i usually use the username "USSpartan" as in United States Spartan.. but meh to late now :P

• Brohoof 1

I chose LightningDust as a username because, since this is a MLP community I thought why not choose a pony that can push the limits like one of the Mane 6. So I decided to pick Lightning Dust, to appeal to the fans of FiM. Plus, this community is awesome so why not. :lol:

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I used the original name Watamacha. However, I started playing on a VSP server on tf2 and it is now my main tf2 server, and as such needed a brony name. I had just finished reading "The nizzle before Christmizzle" and had decided that a regular old pony name would not suffice. Twilight was indisputably my favorite pony, so I decided to make the name "Twilizzle Sparkizzle" my steam name. This name just didn't flow very well, so I decided to use the updated version, TwilizzleFoShizzle, for MLPforums, but I still use Twilizzle Sparkizzle on steam so people can recognize me.

On 2012-12-31 at 1:39 PM, TwilizzleFoShizzle said:

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I used the original name Watamacha. However, I started playing on a VSP server on tf2 and it is now my main tf2 server, and as such needed a brony name. I had just finished reading "The nizzle before Christmizzle" and had decided that a regular old pony name would not suffice. Twilight was indisputably my favorite pony, so I decided to make the name "Twilizzle Sparkizzle" my steam name. This name just didn't flow very well, so I decided to use the updated version, TwilizzleFoShizzle, for MLPforums, but I still use Twilizzle Sparkizzle on steam so people can recognize me.

Dude, you have a cool choice in names

Edited by Railrunner

My username is a two in one of how I got it.

The first reason is quite silly. In my theater class partway through first semester, this guy showed up as a new student and decided he was going to bug the crap out of me every day for the rest of my life. He very well succeeded and one of the first things he did was to put his arm around me and say "Hey there little sis!" It was very strange for me being the OLDER sister in my family...but I kinda liked it. I told a friend (one of my only other brony friends) about it and it was our inside joke for a while--the both of us finding this new kid to be extremely irritating.

The second reason is a bit more interesting. I listen to the band Korn and my favorite song of theirs is Twisted Transistor. I identify with this song for whatever reason...lyrics describe some of my life and it's in general a good song. The opening line is "Hey you, hey you, devil's little sister" I'm by no means a devil but I sometimes like to tell myself I am. I just love the idea of the devil having a little sister. For a while I was toying with my username being "Discord's Little Sister" but it felt kind of dumb. I like the new one much better.

• Brohoof 1

16:53 - Username: lokwud
16:53 - Don Lockwood: ursnam
16:53 - Username: u suk lokwud
16:54 - Don Lockwood: ursnam pls

I don't think I need to say much more.

• Brohoof 1

I am a physics major and an astronomer.

Luna Eclipse is a cute play on the lunar eclipse phenomena where the moon passes behind the Earth's shadow (umbra), as well as the episode name Luna Eclipsed which features my favorite adorable princess. 

The reason behind my username dates back to 007: Nightfire. I used to play that game a lot as a kid, and always played as "Black Op" in multiplayer. I'm not sure where the other "p" came from, or the "1", but I used it when I played Runescape back in elementary school. From there, blackopp1 became my usual name for just about any website or game.

Edited by whoovesfan7698

I chose lordbababa because, uh, I thought it was an awesome screen name seven or eight years ago!

It still is, actually. The only username I've found that tops this would be Ihavenipples.

I changed my username... again.

Oshino Shinobu made her debut in Bakemonogatari, however, I didn't really think of it as much back then. In Nisemonogatari, though, she really hit home, for me. Her love of doughnuts I thought was cute. Her old-timey, more "sophisticated" speech was also quite appealing. She is an ex-vampire (it's complicated...), and she is... oh, 400+ years old, I know for sure. However, apparently she reverse ages... or something, weird... Because in the past, she looked older, but now she has the body of an 8 year old. 

To simply put: She is saucesome.

Technically I have 2 usernames. The first one is the one you see, TheDragoniteDestiny. That is also the name of my Youtube channel. I don't exactly remember what I wanted to call it at first, but I know it wasn't TheDragoniteDestiny. I choose that name because my favorite Pokemon is Dragonite. I love the word "destiny" as well, and I guess that I was just thinking about it at the time. The other username I use is DawnEnigma. This has developed into the normal name I will use when I first sign up for something. One of my friends' OC's name is Dusk Eninma or something along those lines. I thought that it would be cool to surprise him by making a sister to his OC, thus came Dawn Enigma. I knew dawn is the opposite of dusk and enigma was the first word that came to mind after I read the word "Eninma". So that's the story of my 2 usernames, I think that they are both rather original and good in their own ways. I always get excited whenever I see the word "dawn" or "enigma" used in a book or a piece of literature!

-TheDragoniteDestiny

Blue is a simple enough name, but for the time being it's been changed to Blue and Red while Red changed his name to , and we both changed our avatars to look like clones of each other.

'Tis but a high lark upon our joyous souls, hip ho!,

Edited by Blue and Red
  • Brohoof 4