Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

This is not my original username that I would normally use, but I just couldn't use that one here, since some of my classmates already know of my youtube channel, I don't want there to be anything related to MLP stuff.

Discord is my favorite character in the show. The end.

However, the name I use for most things, Blaze42, has a bit of a history.

My first forums were the WWE Smackdown vs Raw message boards. The Miz was my favorite wrestler, seven was my favorite number, BOOM! Mizfit77. I have a ton of great memories from that forum, but that's for antothet time.

I got a Youtube account later on, I used UltraFlame77. After realizing I didn't like this name, I started using Blaze77, and later, Blaze42.

My username is from a game called Dota 2, although slightly modified. (Outworld Destroyer). My first username was from a game called Fiesta, my first MMO game. I had wondered what at first to call my character, then i thought the Staff of Magnus from TES: Morrowind! (The best staff you ever did hear of) I lazily added an e and so it was MagnEus. Stuck with it ever since.

I was trying to think up a name for another account, and as Rarity is my favorite pony, I tried to make up a username that I could use for anything but still include her name. I had recently watched "The Secret World or Arrietty" at that time. 

Yeah, so I guess that's how it happened.  :huh:

I just like it because it's never taken on websites (except oddly enough Twitter) so I can use it for whatever website. 

I think I've already posted here, but ah well.

Mainly, on transformice I wanted the name Thepoppingbubble because all my usernames were related to bubbles, because my hamster I had when I was 8 was called Bubblan (Swedish, ''the bubble'') so I had names like dangerousbubble etc. But Thepoppingbubble didn't fit, so I called myself Thepopping on transformice. And then I created a dA account, and called it Thepopping too for a stupid reason. And then I quickly needed to create a catchy name related to my dA page for my OC, so Popple. And becaue it was a pegasus, Soar. Popple Soar. Later I decided to use this name on the forums.

I wanted something decent sounding and gender neutral, something that could stick around with me for a long time.

It doesn't say much about my personality or preference, but I still like it. :)

WAY back in the days where online gaming was just starting to develop, minecraft was just an idea in Notch's head, and Club Penguin was the coolest thing since sliced bread, little old me decided to start playing.

Being the shallow-minded child I was, I was all like "I want a name that sounds robotic!" So I tapped around until I came up with "x3z8".

Then, after a while, I got super popular on the Club Penguin servers and everybody knew me as x3z8. So when it came time to switch to other games, the name stuck. And now that I've used this name for somewhere around 100 accounts, it's a permanent fixture. 

Besides, it's never taken when I want to sign up for a website, and it's easily remembered and recognized.

TL;DR: I came up with x3z8 a long time ago because I was stupid, and it stuck.

I use the name "Amaris" pretty much everywhere.  Hilariously enough, the "Nsane" was added from this silly thing some friends and I were randomly doing, acting as 'pirates' and all that good stuff... we each came up with a 'pirate' name for the other.  I was given "AmarisNsane" by a friend just for that random act of fun.  I've used it ever since, and even now. :D

AmarisNsane, and Amaris or Ama for short. <3

The reason for my username is nothing special. I live in Phoenix, AZ and didn't know what else to start with. As for the numbers after the name Phoenix, nothing special, just the first 3 digits of an old password I used to have.

(thinking about it I could have come up with a better name.....a what the hay this name is okay)

Well I got this name from gaming communities (as well as few other nicks) because everyone kept referring to me as "Fresh Meat" because they knew that it annoyed me, even when I proved I wasn't a complete newbie; And well... it just ended up sticking. >.,>

The USN fighter jet F7U Cutlass.

I'm interested in military aviation in general, and the F7U (Although short-lived and dangerous to its operators) has always been my favorite plane.

Because now when any other user wants to address me, they have to refer to me as Master. It just makes me giggle every time when they are forced to call me a title just to get my attention. Oh, that and I love Doctor Who. All hail the Master Race!

img-1021064-1-docterwho09.gif

Edited by The-Master

It kinda has to do with youtube. Anypony who finds me on YouTube will be blocked if they comment pony stuff on my vids or mention anything about the forums. I have one person, who if they find out about me being a brony, they will bully me till I am dead. I regret doing this, make sure to subscribe if you do check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/morethanicecream

I have a brony subscribed to my channel, and did not know that. How??!!??

I chose my username because back in 2006, my dad bought me a ps3 when it first came out (still works today!) and I wanted to make an online account and he ended up choosing my name to be ''Tomz120'' 

My real life name is Tommi, and I just liked it because it was short so I just stuck with ''Tomz'' since that day.

My username is composed by my real name's half and by the my favourite pony's surname.
In other communities my username was (and is still) TwilightSparkle. But when I came here I thought that this username was too simply and unoriginal, infact then I've changed it in Dan Sparkle.

Edited by Dan Sparkle

I had a few usernames before, but i wanted a change, they didn't really fit me anymore.

When choosing a username, i always avoid numbers, puns, or any other symbols that are not letters.

It started out when i tried to figure out a name for my ponysona, after months, of irritating and excrutiating thinking, i found Concord.

That was when i was messing with the english - latin dictionary, and i found that concord(ia) could mean harmony.

And thus, it was born!

Edited by Concord

Since the old days of me playing Twisted Metal 2, i loved the character Mortimer and i ruled complete matches with this guy, so i used this name for a couple of years. But, when i registered these forums, i was playing Pokemon Emerald once again and i spent half an hour trying to cath a Regirock, so when i finally managed to cath it, i was very proud and i chose this name.