Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Opalescence have been just as bad if not worse than Angel

BrawnyCharger

It's been well established that among the Mane 6 pets, Angel Bunny is the nastiest of them. However I seem to notice that Rarity's cat, Opalescence has a bit of a nasty persona herself. Rarity even admits that she has a bit of trouble with Opal. Also when Sweetie Belle suggested trying to get a cutie mark in animal care, Opal swiped off part of her mane and smiled mischievously. I'm beginning to think that maybe they could have expanded upon this more in an episode, but who knows. 

Is Opal just as troublesome as Angel?

I think Opal's nasty-ness is more animalistic. Whereas Angel's has more brains and spite behind it. I have always imagined that Angel is the most human (or pony) out of all the pets. Also one with most character. Might be a side effect of living with Fluttershy.

But all in all, their negativity are rather different. The same spectrum, but on opposite sides.

• Brohoof 1

Possible, but not for the same reasons. Angel's the most "human" of the six pets, most cunning, and certainly the most childish. However, despite Opal's mischievous streak, she's way more animalistic than Angel and behaves more like a traditional cat with some cartoonish flair.

• Brohoof 3

Opal just acts like a cat should be, how could it be worse than Angel? Angel is cunning, childish, manipulative, rude, abusive which are the worst traits of a human could have. Nothing can beat human in competition of negativity.

• Brohoof 1

Opalescence isn't as bad as Angel from what I can see. I see Opal more as an exaggerated version of a regular cat, where Angel is a bit of a jerk. Opal has her issues, but Angel is definitely the bigger fish.

• Brohoof 2