Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DOOM Eternal

Splashee

So, it is not long now until the release of DOOM Eternal. I am so hyped! :squee:

I am a huge fan of DOOM 2016, especially the level design. I am hoping Eternal will make it better! :squee:

Post anything related to the game in here!

• Brohoof 3

I'm playing original Doom on the Dooms Slayers collection. I played it back in 1994. Good times.

2 minutes ago, Megas said:

Really excited to get it, been marathoning the rest of the series to get ready

I was playing Doom before you were born. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brony Number 42 said:

I'm playing original Doom on the Dooms Slayers collection. I played it back in 1994. Good times.

I was playing Doom before you were born. ^_^

I was playing doom when it first came out on PC. Not sure whether to buy the Slayers Collection on PS4 or download them on the Switch

• Brohoof 3

I’m not sure if I should buy this game, or wait if there’s going to be an ultimate hell of hell or whatever edition with all DLC. It’s apparently getting some single player DLC :huh:. I hope it gets the Slayercorn costume :fluttershy:

Doom Slayer and ponies....

Spoiler

Ripping apart demons by day, petting horses by night

medium.gif

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Doom Slayer and ponies....

Hide contents

Ripping apart demons by day, petting horses by night

medium.gif

Creeptastic.

Spoiler

The hand is just a little bit too big

I have seen 3 levels so far. While I enjoy some of the areas of the game, and it is too early to judge anything, I will go with the act that it is a much bigger game that DOOM 2016.

My verdict so far.... More Quake than DOOM. Also, a lot more platforming that actual battles. The story telling is almost overwhelming. A lot of geometry to get stuck on.

But, it is a good game!

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first and only game that I paid my own money to download so far. (I usually play free games or my friend's) I played it for several hours.

First impression is that it's brutal. It constantly pushes me towards the edge and it feels like I'm facing near death experiences all the time. It's not some mindless shoot em up power fantasy, you have to actually be a badass to be a badass.

The galeplay feels good and intriguing. When I play it for 10 minutes, it guarantees a good 10 minutes as long as I'm not dead.

I haven't played the 2016 one, I played Doom 2 a lot, and surprisingly it kinda feels similar. It almost feels like a 3D arcade game. (or maybe because it is) And even it's the second lowest difficulty, I died a lot. (I'm not a hardcore gamer btw.) That's good because the possibility of failure is what makes a good game in any difficulties, and I didn't feel the necessity for lowering the difficulty. But some misdirected pitfalls felt unfair to be honest.

It was more funny than viseral, and I like the 80s B movie vibe and the heavy metal attitude. (I watched most of the director's interviews. They are fun to watch.)

Gonna play it again soon. I feel like playing an actual game again for a long time (Half Life 2) and I don't regret buying it even that I played it for just several hours.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 2