What has been the most mortifying moment of your life?

Reecejackox

There have been a few incidents. I cannot remember anything that stands out. That doesn't mean all of them weren't really bad.

But I do understand the pants situation. I have seen that a few times. It's like, kinda common, and people usually forget about it fast.

I know mortifying is used more for embarrassment, but I'm going to go with the definition of it being more terrifying or something like that to share this story with you guys...  

The most mortifying moment of my life? The fall of the USSR :grin: 

Okay, but really, for me that moment would have be from years and years ago when I was on a family vacation to the state of Arkansas of all places (I know right, who goes on a vacation to Arkansas? My family did!) and we were canoeing down the Arkansas River. Me and my dad were in one canoe, and my mom and younger brother were in a second canoe. So we come around this bend and there was this big dead tree that lay across like half of the river, so my mom and younger brother did the smart thing and went around the tree on the clear half of the river. Meanwhile my dad was all like "Let's go under the tree instead because it will be cooler!" (a part of the tree closer to the shore was elevated several feet above the water, enough that our canoe would have probably fit underneath it). However, because of how fast the water was moving, we didn't have enough time to get our canoe angled towards that section of the tree, and we were instead sent into a direct collision course with the part of the tree that wasn't hanging above the water. I still remember the sheer force of the front of our canoe slamming into the tree, it actually was so forceful that me and my dad were knocked right out of seats and onto the floor. The canoe was then dragged sideways through the water until the back of the canoe rested parallel with the tree, and then, all of sudden, the back of the canoe where my dad was got sucked right under the water and dragged under the tree trunk. I was in the front, so I immediately jumped out as our canoe did a full-on titanic and went up into the air and got sucked under the tree and water. Long story short, my dad was fine, but our canoe was filled with water and it was extremely heavy to try to lift out of the river and empty the water out. We also lost an oar that we ended up having to pay the rental company for. 

It all happened really fast too, I really didn't process what had happened until after it had all already happened. I thought my dad for a few moments had drowned or something. It was absolutely fucking terrifying. This is why to this day I don't go canoeing down rivers with rapids. :blink:           

Sorry for long post :kindness:

Whoops I read wrong sorry, mortifying would probably have been those times I was sexually harassed that was mortifying very embarrassing and reason why I now never go to public showers as it has happened many times. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

This one time when I was a girl scout, our troop went to a rodeo for a few days.  I don't quite remember why we went there but that's not the point.  Anyways, I was in the same tent with two girls.  For some strange reason, I was really self-conscious about pooping in one of those porta-johns so I held it in.  We stayed there for three days and I ended up pooping myself for the two nights.  I'd wake up to sounds of disgust each morning and I was so shocked.  I was such an idiot, I swear.  To those two girls whose names I have forgotten, I am just as disgusted now as you were then and I deeply apologise…  

I was known as the "poop scout" for a year and I justly deserved that name. :laugh:

That would be the one time my bikini top FELL OFF when I was in the pool at a WATERPARK with TONS of people all around and a lot of people saw. :sealed: I had no other choice but to wedge myself up against the pool wall with everything but my head underwater, and tie it back on good enough it would hold so I could at least wrap a towel around myself and get to a bathroom. :lie: God I was so humiliated especially since a group of guys were watching...rudely. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

(So I decided to share the full story anyway since I was on my phone while typing this out and don't want to type so much using phone)

Back when I was working at a law firm office during high school year as part of our corporate work program, I was in downtown taking my 30 mins break and was heading over to get to my bus to get back to my work place. While I was walking, a truck just came out of nowhere from the ally and then a skater came in and got hit by a truck. I remember shouting “oh my fuckin god!” and I was pretty close to the incident. I thought to myself “damn that could’ve been me instead” while at the same it shook me up good too. The trucker stopped to check on him but that daunt me enough that I quickly walked away from it. 

I sometime regret for walking away like that instead of at least helping him or checking on him..

However, while my mind is still blogged by this and couldn't think straight, I accidentally took a wrong turn and keep on walking. It took me about 5 mins to get my head together but realized  I wasn't on the right path to my bus back. I'm not an expert in the directions in downtown since I never want around that area. So I was completely lost. I didn't have a smart phone either or a gps so searching up the direction is a no-go. I called my boss that I'm going to late so I won't get in trouble. There using my memory to the best of my knowledge, trying to find the correct street to my bus. This may be embarrassing to say this but like I said I'm no expert in directions, especially without a map with me. okay this part is even more mortifying, it has been four hours and I'm still lost. To me, downtown was like a huge maze and as a 15-year idiot I was, it was embarrassing to even call my boss that I'm lost. Through a midst of panicking,  a big fat "ding ding" light-bulb comes up telling me I should go and ask a store to print me a map back to my workplace. I was a huge idiot to finally thought of that after four hours wondering around. Yes I know. Idiot.  Anyways I did find my way thanks to a print out map. But my boss yelled at me and didn't believe my story starting with the truck incident, that appalled me. She thought I was ditching work and so with that I got fired on that same day. Yep it was one of the shittist day for me. 

Another since I used to work in a hospital, is Code Blue. I won’t  say it modifying but it always gives me anxiety to hear code blue. Especially when it happen to a patient who have their relatives with them. I could say I’ve gotten used to it but I’d still feel uneasy.

Probably that one time in 9th grade science class.  We were studying acids and bases. 

Our teacher did a class quiz where she’d call on people and for each answer correct shed give us extra points for the test. 

So she got to me and the question was “Which of these is not an acid” 

The choices were like Vinegar, soap, lemon juice, and battery acid.  

I still to this day dunno why but I blurted out battery acid like an idiot.  :blush:

Of course I was very wrong, received a verbal beating from the class, and of course I was very embarrassed lol.  I don’t think I looked up at anyone for the rest of the class period. 

They never let me live that one down. :P

• Brohoof 1

@AppleButt Haha this reminds me so much of that one time I was in class and was asked to recite the multiplication table as I did not know it everyone laughed at how stupid I was the teacher literally said "common what are you thinking". That said though I have finished math courses at university level so I mean who's laughing now. 

• Brohoof 1

Never mind. I decided to delete it. Here's something else.

My first job, I was in charge of gathering all the office mail to take to the mail room. I popped into my bosses office and tried to ask if he had any interoffice mail for me. I accidentally asked "if he had any 'intercourse' for me." I froze. I started to freak out a little (when I'm really stressed, my childhood stutter comes back something terrible!) , but he was very nice. He just said I should go take an early lunch and not to worry about it.

Oh, and on the same job, on my first day, I broke the coffee pot in the break room!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I was in the process of being admitted to the psychiatric hospital for the second time. I was in the assigned waiting area and I was absolutely hysterical at the time. I was literally sobbing and yelling and I was just a huge mess but I couldn’t control myself. I felt so embarrassed when the nurses tried to help me, as I tried to get away from them and fought them. Looking back on it, I really should have learned how to settle down. Not my best moment...

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

TLDR I was falsely put on a pip for three months the day before Christmas and threatened to be fired if I even made a single slip up for stuff I didn’t do because of one person who didn’t like me and wanted my job title. She went complaining to her best friend who was a leader and they just put me on one without any investigation. I was taken off of it early when they realized I didn’t do anything wrong in the first place and an acknowledgment that they should have investigated the matter before throwing me on a pip.The truth got out to higher up leadership even more that the woman was actually the main problem on the floor with talking about trying to get everyone fired she didn’t like, manipulating leadership and was thrown on a pip herself. I got a new job, a higher title and I make more money then that clown does or probably ever will in her life.

Edited by Clawdeen