Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Connection of Love (Private w/ Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

The drive was thankfully smooth, and when they arrive at Dynamo's old house, and he'd let her know, Stacey would wake up and stretch, clutching to the small plush kitten. "Mm okay I'm feeling a bit more awake and refreshed now" she'd say to him with a smile, and get out of the car, "So I suppose I'll get to meet you rmom then?"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lazy Ferret

The drive to his home had taken some time. Given there was traffic at times, while also trying to not go over bumps, or to disturb Stacey's sleep. As they soon arrived at his old home, he parked at the front of the house in the street. Turning off the car, he looked behind him to see that Stacey was still asleep. He smiled as he placed a hand upon her shoulder, before gently shaking her to wake up. "Hey, Stacey? We're at my house. It's time to wake up, sweetheart." He would say, chuckling slightly as she woke up with a stretch. "Good morning, sleepyhead. Unless we are going by the time in the day, then I guess it would be good afternoon, sleepyhead." He chuckled once more, before taking off his seatbelt and getting out of the car. He walked over to the gray mare and nodded at her question. "Eeyup. My mom is home so you'll be able to meet her. I just hope she'll be okay with me wanting to move out. I know I told her that I was meeting a friend, but I didn't get a chance to let her know that I got a girlfriend." He would say, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand as he was feeling nervous.

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would smile "mm good afternoon" she'd say, hugging him, still hugging the plush, "It'll be alright, I'm sure your mom will be happy for you" she'd tell him as she would walk with him to the front door. As they arrive at the door, she'd hold his hand "Don't worry hon, Mittens here says it'll be all good" she says as she makes the stuffed kitten nod.

@Lazy Ferret

Dynamo chuckled as he returned he hug. "How was your rest? I'm glad that you are feeling more refreshed. I guess the bit of rest was needed." He says, nodding as they walked together up towards the front door. "I don't doubt you, but I guess I'm just nervous. My mom can sometimes be overprotective or have something to say on one thing or another." He would say, before the duo arrived at the front door. Upon unlocking the front door, he blinked as he felt his hand in hers. Looking over, he smiled softly as her words felt reassuring. Looking over at the plush, He leaned down as he placed his forehead on the plush's forehead. "Thank you too, as well, Mittens. I'm glad to know Stacey is here, but it's also nice to know I have a plush to back me up." He says, opening the door and allowing Stacey to step in first.

After closing the door behind him, he turned to see that they were in the living room. A couple of pictures were hung around the room, while the room consisted of a wrap around couch, a coffee table, an entertainment center, TV, and a chair. "Hey, mom!? I just wanted to let you know that I'm home! I have company!" He called out, while guessing that his mom was in her room. His guess was fairly accurate as he could hear the door to his mother's room had opened. A moment later, a presence had made itself known in the living room. The presence was revealed to be a periwinkle mare, wearing a pink shirt, dark gray pants with her mane pulled back into a ponytail. "Welcome home, honey. I hope your time at the mall went well." She smiled, before gaining a curious look at the mare next to her son. "Oh? Who is this? It's a pleasure to meet you, dearie. My name is Gentle Step."

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey smiles and nods, and soon they were inside the house and she was being introduced to Dynamo's mother. "Hello Mrs Step, I'm Stacey Ryder, it's a pleasure to meet you too" she'd greet her with a smile "I met Dynamo in the charity stream we were both in the other day, and when I found out we live in the same city, wanted to meet up with him" she continues, hugging the plush kitten named Mittens "Oh and this is Mittens"

@Lazy Ferret

Hearing her name, Gentle's eyes hovered away from the two young adults, while looking over towards a random part of the room. The name sounded familiar, before the pieces soon clicked. "Oh, now I remember." She stated, her eyes trailing back towards her son and Stacey. "I remember my son said he was going to the mall and meet a friend. I just didn't expect for him to meet someone from that streaming event. I remember he wouldn't stop talking about how he met you. He had an amazing time playing games together and was such a fan." She would say, Dynamo blushing in embarrassment. She noticed the gray mare had held up and hugged the kitten plush. While she didn't show it, she seemed a bit weirded out on how Stacey interacted with Mittens. "Oh, uh...it's nice to meet you, Mittens. So, what are you two doing here? I didn't plan on anything for dinner as I thought you'd be staying out late, honey." She says, Dynamo feeling nervous on how he was going to ask his mom on moving out.

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey smiles "Uh..sorry, you're probably wondering about Mittens..She's my anxiety plush" she'd say "I've gone through...some trauma in the past, and have PTSD from it, so, Mittens helps me stay calm" she'd explain with a smile, "and I am glad he had so much fun playing games with me, as I had fun playing games with him." she'd say, looking to Gentle before to Dynamo, holding his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

@Lazy Ferret

As Stacey began to explain the meaning behind Mittens, Gentle seemed to nod in understanding. "Oh, I see. So, it's sort of like a comfort pillow or like a blanket of some sorts. I'm so sorry to hear that, but it's nice to know you've got a way to deal with things like that." She smiled as Stacey seemed happy to be spending time with the periwinkle mare's son. Dynamo, on the other hand, felt his hand being held by Stacey. Looking over towards the gray mare, he nodded as he felt his hand being squeezed in reassurance. "Hey, mom. I need to talk to you about something. We weren't going to stay long, but is it okay if we sit down? This is kind of important." He says, Gentle's eyes widened slightly in alarm, yet curiosity. "O-Oh, of course, hon." She simply responded, moving towards the nearest seat and sitting down. Waiting for the duo to do the same, she waited patiently for any and all questions to be asked.

"Y-You see the thing is that...I spent a nice day together with Stacey. We played games at the arcade, I got to know her and she's a really nice girl. During one of her streams, she asked if she wanted to go out together and maybe move in together." He started as he wanted to see if his mom would approve. At first, Gentle was glad to know that her son had found himself a girlfriend. However, she was caught off guard at the mention of moving in together. "Oh, no. Now that's something I will not allow!"

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would sit down next to Dynamo and listen to what he was saying, and then look to Gentle "If I may, ma'am, why won't you allow him to move out?" she'd ask "I can promise you that he will be happy and I'll look after him as he will look after me" she says, placing a hand on Dynamo's knee.

@Lazy Ferret

Gentle could only fold her arms as she listened to Stacey's reply. "My reason is that it's too soon to just move out like that. Sure, I can approve of the relationship, but don't you think that you're moving way too fast?" Dynamo, who had taken a seat next to Stacey, felt his knee bouncing up and down in nervousness. It was a bad habit as he didn't like dealing with drama or trouble, but he knew things like this would happen from time to time. "That's not fair, mom. Can't you give me the benefit of the doubt this one time?" Gentle just shook her head. "I can't do that. You only knew her what? Two days if you even count that stream. You can't just say you know her like the back of your own hand. What if she just uses you, or wants you for your fame or money. Then what would you do? Come back home?" Dynamo felt his heart rate quicken as he didn't want to believe his mom's own words, but it hurt him that she would assume such things. "She doesn't do those kinds of streams. I've seen her streams and videos from time to time. Trust me when I say she doesn't do anything bad like some of the streams I've heard about. She's family friendly and wants to make others smile. I truly do care about her." He would say, interlocking their hands together as he felt Gentle's hand on his. Gentle, however, was shocked. "What!? You're both young adults and barely a couple. Can you really say that and mean it at the same time?" She asks, trying to find a hole within their logic. In her mind, she wanted what's best for her son and didn't want anything rushed or ruined.

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would listen to Gentle and think about it, looking to Dynamo and then nodding "You know Dynamo hon, your mom has a point" she'd say "I mean I certainly won't use you, but we did only just start dating." she'd say to him then look to Gentle "How about a compromise? Dynamo can stay at my place whenever he likes, for as long as he likes, to see if we are both compatible to live together?" she would suggest, hoping that Gentle would allow that at the least.

@Lazy Ferret

Dynamo eyes trailed towards Stacey, while his jaw dropped slightly in disbelief that she would side with his mom. While he didn't want to admit that his mom was right. Stacey did make a valid point in regards to his mother's decisions. Gentle, smiled triumphantly as she felt her point had been made. Her smile faltered slightly as she heard Stacey's compensation. "I...don't know. I mean, what if something happens?" She asks, Dynamo narrowing his eyes in frustration as he looked back towards his mom. "Come on, mom. I mean, what do you have to lose? Can't you just trust me?" He asks, Gentle's smile fully fading as she unfolded her arms. "I do trust you, honey. It's just I want what's best for you. I mean, I know how you've been hurt in the past. We've both gone through a lot. After you lost your father, I just don't want you to feel hurt again." She says, Dynamo's ears fell as he was beginning to understand. "I know that, mom, but still. I have to learn to be an adult. I know it might be too soon to move in and all, but I want to trust Stacey. I know how hesitant you were when I told you about Starlight. It took time, but I was able to get you to see that she changed for the better. She's become a lifelong friend that I couldn't ask for anything more. So, can you please let me have this chance like you did before?"

Gentle took a moment to contemplate her options. She knew it was worrisome, but she knew that her son was almost an adult. With a heavy sigh, Gentle slowly nodded. "Okay. I'll allow you two to stay together, but I don't want any funny business. If I find any issues or anything of the sort, then my earlier comments stand. You can stay at Stacey's place whenever and however long you like. Just make sure to come home every once in a while. I'd still like to get to know her to make sure that my mind can be changed." She says, giving the young couple a small smile.

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would smile and sigh in relief "Thank you for giving me this trust, ma'am. I can understand that you want the best for Dynamo, especially given his past, he has told me about it a bit" she'd say to her "and I'll be more than happy to get to know each other more" she'd tell Gentle, "My parents were the same with me about moving out on my own and with my...my ex" she'd say, hugging Mittens, which would make it clear that her ex was a bit of a sore subject for her.

@Lazy Ferret

Hearing his mother's approval caused Dynamo to grin with glee. "Thank you so much, mom!" He exclaimed, getting up from his seat as he went over to give his mom a hug. One that Gentle was more than happy to return. "You're welcome, you two. It's a parent's job to worry about their kids. I know I might be unfair and unreasonable, but I just don't want anything bad to happen to either of you. If something did happen, then it just messes up anything either of you might work towards. I don't know much about video games, but it's something that makes you both happy." She says, both mother and son pulling back from the hug. Dynamo made his way back over to Stacey, while Gentle nodded at Stacey's remark. "That's all I can truly ask, dear. You sound like such a sweet girl and I just wanted to make sure that you're feeling are genuine. That, and I want to make sure you want what's best for my son, while he wants what's best for you." She says, Dynamo taking note of his girlfriend hugging Mittens. While he didn't know anything about her ex, he hoped that he could learn more about her past in due time. Gentle, however, frowned as he felt sorry for the mare. "I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Stacey. I hope everything is okay." She would say, Dynamo wrapping an arm around Stacey's shoulder as he pulled her into a hug. "You don't have to say anything, sweetheart. Just know that I'm here for you. When you're ready to talk about it, then I'll be right here to listen. What my mom said is the same for me. I just hope that everything is okay."

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would cuddle close to Dynamo "I suppose it's only fair for the both of you to know, seeing as Dynamo is now a part of my life and by extension, you as well, mrs Step" she'd say, closing her eyes "My ex was.." she looks down "Extremely abusive towards me, in every sense of the word, it took my family and my best friends to get me out of that relationship, and I am in the process of getting a order against him..He has been stalking me and..." she shudders "I just..I'm at a loss sometimes, and don't know how to deal with it"

@Lazy Ferret

Dynamo and Gentle nodded at Stacey's remark, while Gentle gave her a calming smile. "Oh, please, dear. Just call me Gentle. I appreciate it, but no need for formalities." She would say, Dynamo rubbing Stacey's shoulder as she began to explain about her ex. "Oh, I see. Now it all made sense. I remember there were moments that you had to pause the stream so randomly, or when you came back, you had to end the stream a little easier than usual. Saying that you would be back later for a night stream, while hoping to make up for the premature ending." He noted, recalling a few times that his girlfriend's stream had been stopped. "Relationships like that are never healthy. I've had a friend or two that went down those kinds of routes." Gentle stated, shaking her head with a sigh. "A restraining order is a good start, but I'd take some precaution if I were you. Do you happen to have any security systems that would help call the police? Just in case he ever went against the order and somehow broke in." She suggested, Dynamo rubbing circles on her back to help keep Stacey calm.

"I know one thing's for sure. One way to deal with it is by talking about it. I know it's never easy, but talking about something that's bothering you definitely helps. It goes to show that there will be someone there who won't let you feel alone in this. You have my support and I'll be there for you every step of the way." He would say, Gentle nodding in agreement. "I concur. I know I said I'd take time in getting to know you. However, if there's anything you need, then don't hesitate to ask. Getting through something like this won't be easy, but you'll get through this in time, dear."

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would nod "I have a few buttons around the house to press to alert the police if he comes to the house, and I have the lead detective's number on speed dial just in case he approaches me in public" she'd say "I'll need to let the detective know I'm dating Dynamo now too, so that he knows" she'd say "But thank you both for listening and understanding" she'd say, "I'll be right back, I need to tell him" she'd say, getting up and going to call the detective.

She'd come back a bit later "Alright, he knows and it is fine to give you two his number" she'd say, writing down the detective numbers, and giving it to them "Just in case he shows up here"

@Lazy Ferret

"That's a relief. I'd be really worried if something ever happened to you." Dynamo would say, Gentle nodding in agreement. "My thoughts exactly. A nice girl like you shouldn't have to go through things like this. I know we just met today, but at first glance you seem really sweet, in my opinion." She would say, both mother and son nodding as she would have to let a detective know to be updated. "You're welcome and thank you for letting us know. I know it's scary to talk about it, but it takes a lot of courage to let someone you know care about what's going on in your life." She started, before sighing with a shake of her head. "I know ever fiber in my being wants to take back what I said. Especially with having to deal with the possibility of either one of you being in danger of this ex of yours. However, I have to stand by my word and at least give you both this chance. I just hope that you'll both be safe and take care of yourselves." 

Hearing this, Dynamo could only give his mother a reassuring nod. "We understand, mom. I will admit that I'm a bit worried about this ex, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Regardless, I really do care about Stacey. I'd say that sometimes it's the life of a celebrity as she and I are streamers. However, I don't think that's the case." He shrugged his shoulders, before nodding at Stacey, who left to call the detective. After some time had passed, Dynamo smiled as she had made her return to the living room. "Welcome back and glad to see you again, sweetheart." He looked at the slip of paper that was given to him and Gentle, before nodding. "Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure to put it on my phone. Just in case I need to make an emergency call." He would say, Gentle nodding as she was given her piece of paper. "Thanks again for the number, dear. Oh, and don't worry about security. I don't have the alarms and such as you do, but I do have me some security." She whistled, before the sound of footsteps could be heard. Appearing in the living room were a small and big dog. One, who was a pure white yorkie Jack Russel terrier mix. The other, who was an Equestrian Akita. "I'd like you to meet our two dogs. If they hear something, then they are right on the noise with either a bark or to defend. The small one is named Jake, while the big one is named Rocky."

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would smile and nod "Honestly I am hoping that my ex won't try anything like coming here, or approaching you or Dynamo in public, but he is..kind of stupid" she'd say "so I just want you two to be prepared in case he does so" she'd say and then when she'd see the two dogs, she would smile more and hug them "Aaw they are so precious" she would say, "Dynamo can probably tell you, I love animals, I have a few at home myself"

She would listen to Gentle and nod "And I entirely understand you wanting to rescind what you have said, but thank you for keeping to your word, it does mean a lot to me"

@Lazy Ferret

"I don't think he'll try anything, sweetheart. If what you said is true, then this ex of yours is a fool. He lost a really sweet mare, but that does beg the question. When you said he's kind of stupid. What do you mean as in what way?" Dynamo asks, Gentle wondering the same exact thing. "Like I said, I still have my lovable dogs to keep me safe. I know my son is capable of taking care of himself. I remember he came home one weekend from a convention. Showed me a metal toy-like sword. It looked nice, but he kept saying he could use it as a weapon to keep us safe." She chuckled, Dynamo blushing with a shrug of his shoulders. "I mean, you never know, mom. The keyblade I have is more for a decoration piece in my room, but better to be safe than sorry." He says, before smiling as Jake walked over Stacey. He stood on his hind legs as he placed his front paws on her leg. Almost as if he was trying to return the hug, while licking her cheek. Rocky, on the other hand, was lying down as Dynamo proceeded to rub the akita's belly. "You can say that again. They listen well, but they listen more towards Dynamo. They're like his pets as they're so attached to him. Rocky acts like a cat with the way he purrs too. You said you have animals at home too? What do you have and what are they like?" She asks, nodding in understanding to Stacey's earlier remark. "Like I said, it's no trouble dear."

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey smiles and would happily hug Jake, she'd nod "He's just a..an alcoholic and junkie" she'd say, "He wasn't always like that but yeah..he's a stupid moron and very narcisitic" she'd say, shaking her head "But to go onto a better topic" she smiles "The way Rocky acts like a cat sounds adorable, and I've got a few snowshoe and ragdoll kittens, a malamute, husky and samoywed puppy, and a couple of bunnies"

@Lazy Ferret

"Oh, now that explains a lot." Gentle responded, before continuing. "I guess something must have happened that caused him to change, but it's a shame. I'm truly sorry that this ex of yours is like that." She shook her head, before she and Dynamo decided to change the subject. "He acts like a cat, but it's because he loves being petted, or getting his belly rubbed. There are times he acts way too hyperactive, but it's only because he's still young. You wouldn't think that given how giant of a dog he is." Dynamo responded with a chuckle, before Gentle chimed in. "Aww. I used to have a couple of ragdoll cats. I remember one time a couple of cats got out of the house and all started running down the street. We had to have our neighbors go and catch them so they wouldn't get far." She would say, laughing at the memory.

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would smile "That's still pretty adorable, and you know there are some cats that can grow to be really massive. The Neighwegian Forest Cats and Manecoon cats" she'd say "For instance a Manecoon can grow to be bigger than a small adult Lynx" she'd tell them and blush "Sorry, cat facts are kind of something I love researching" she smiles "Some may call it childish, but I like to learn, and I don't want to go into anything too dark and scary" she'd say "I..actually get scared pretty easily" she would say as she leans against Dynamo "It's also why I don't play any of those scary games, or watch horror movies or tv shows"

@Cinnamon Coffee

"Oh, I've heard about some of those kinds of cats, but I always thought that those were legends. That, or they were mostly rare breeds of cats. I'm more of a dog kind of pony, but cats are always nice." Gentle responded, before Dynamo chuckled with a nod. "It's true and it's funny how it's the opposite. I like dogs and all, but I'm more of a fan towards cats. I think it's pretty neat how love to research about cats. They seem to be creatures that date back to many years in the past. So, maybe they have some sort of history to look into." He says, looking over to Stacey, who was leaning against him. "I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm not a big fan of scary video games. The Fight Nights at Freddy's series is a perfect example. I mean, sure. It's mostly jump scares, but sometimes jump scares or other scares can really get to you. I like some horror movies, but it mostly depends on the movie that I'm watching. More than half of the time, I'm looking away at scary parts." He blushed with a sheepish smile. 

@Dynamo Pad

Stacey would smile and nod a little, "I thought they might have been a myth as well, but the cats themselves and the facts are real" she'd smile, nodding some more "I'm 50/50 on cats and dogs to be honest. They both have their pros and cons of ownership" she smiles some more "Cats are usually a lot less maintenance and you don't have to walk them, but they aren't always in the mood for cuddles. Where-as with dogs, they usually are all for cuddles and playing" she'd say, hugging Dynamo "And it's alright, I'm the same when it comes to scary scenes, especially when I watch Markiplier or Jacksepticeye play spooky games"