If you pretended to build a rocket ship and fly it far away, where would you go?

DubWolf

I was thinking another planet first.. like Saturn or Neptune, but maybe out in intergalactic space or some world in another galaxy too :ooh: . You can pretend to go as fast as you can imagine (even faster than light).

• Brohoof 5

Well in the case where going faster than light is a thing, then i'll pretend the speed limit is sorta infinite, making travels instant. Now I personally don't wanna go on any other plannets, tho other galaxies are mildly interesting, I'd like to aim higher....well in that case, height isn't a thing anymore. Let's travel all the way to the borders of the univers, the ultimate edges of existence were you can things that in theory belong to the past like the big bang. Not gonna go too deep into distance and space time but like.... I'm eager to know what's after that reality edge limit.... An alternative universe? Cold and terrifying emptiness? Or maybe a whole new world devoided of time and space? That's where i'd aime to go, even if there's nothing to see, i need to know. 

Edited by Cursed-Fate
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

Cold and terrifying emptiness? 

That’s most of space for ya. Insanely void of very much. Imagine being stuck there, and also being immortal. The distances you have to travel before you get anywhere (assuming you could somehow move a little bit via some means of propulsion.)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WWolf said:

That’s most of space for ya. Insanely void of very much. Imagine being stuck there, and also being immortal. The distances you have to travel before you get anywhere (assuming you could somehow move a little bit via some means of propulsion.)

at that point, cold and empty cannot possibly have the same mmeaning. Those two things are created by space itself, and space exist in the univers that we know and extends to its ever growing edges, so what's after that? if space is bound to our univers, our reality so to speak, is there an other one beyond? I might be expressing myself poorly but it sounded clear in my mind, my bad. :Thorax:

• Brohoof 1

I'd let it fly as far as it wants, further than any ship has flown before :kirin:

Spoiler

Alternate reaction...

If you pretended to build a rocket ship and fly it far away

Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face saying wake up you need to make money  xD

• Brohoof 2

If you pretended to build a rocket ship and fly it far away, where would you go?

1. *In the middle of building a rocket* Pretended? :confused:
  2. I would go to the moon to visit Della Duck and Princess Luna, obviously.  :orly:
  • Brohoof 2

Assuming you are invulnerable I would just fly around the galaxy and watch earth from the moon, see the pillars of creation, the eye of god galaxy, find out if it's true that the center of our galaxy is purple and smells like fermented blackberries complete with a giant black hole in the middle. There's so many things to see. Of course that's assuming you can actually see them from a certain distance because the light is too sparse that when you're there you will most probably see only stars like we see here. idk, i want to find out. I will not be disappointed anyways because I understand and can marvel at the knowledge of all of this existing even if I can't directly see them.

Spoiler

8 Facts About the Pillars of Creation that Will Brighten Your Day

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Cursed-Fate said:

Well in the case where going faster than light is a thing, then i'll pretend the speed limit is sorta infinite, making travels instant. Now I personally don't wanna go on any other plannets, tho other galaxies are mildly interesting, I'd like to aim higher....well in that case, height isn't a thing anymore. Let's travel all the way to the borders of the univers, the ultimate edges of existence were you can things that in theory belong to the past like the big bang. Not gonna go too deep into distance and space time but like.... I'm eager to know what's after that reality edge limit.... An alternative universe? Cold and terrifying emptiness? Or maybe a whole new world devoided of time and space? That's where i'd aime to go, even if there's nothing to see, i need to know. 

Then i guess we'll be going to....(pause for dramatic effect.).... NO WHERE!!:pinkie:

If you pretended to build a rocket 

If I pretended, I would look like a fool :muffins:

Only yesterday I pretended I was a Brony Princess. You should have seen the look on people's faces, etc.

Do, I would fly to the moon, the only place I haven't been to that I see almost every day/night

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Well if I can go anywhere then probably Andromeda I mean going to the next galaxy sounds awesome to do haha.

You can see andromeda from earth... if it’s dark enough :sealed:. I ventured out a hundred miles from here about a month ago... wasn’t as dark as I was hoping for. Andromeda was visible but blurry. Looked like a white-yellow cloud. Best with binoculars.