Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One Year Later

Jon the VGNerd

I finally read all the main official comics, and am now waiting for the rest of the "season 10" arc. I gave Pony Life a try, watched like 10 episodes and quit - it's definitely not for me. And, as usual, I regularly check out new fanworks - many talented people are still active and make great content.

Eventully I'll start rewatching the whole G4 yet again, it's just a matter of time.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of in awe of the fact that I haven't watched a single episode in that time and still need to catch up from season 7. Feels like a new level of procrastination frankly. :lie:

Bit the community has remained well and active even if it's quieted down, and there's new members to the forums almost daily. Even though they aren't necessarily all sticking around or frequenting so much as the regulars.

I haven’t even seen the last two seasons yet lol. 

I’ve been handling the past year with nervous anticipation about it as I hear very mixed reviews about the last two seasons.   I’m sure I’ll enjoy it though. 

2 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

I haven’t even seen the last two seasons yet lol. 

I’ve been handling the past year with nervous anticipation about it as I hear very mixed reviews about the last two seasons.   I’m sure I’ll enjoy it though. 

Spoiler:

Spoiler

They are horseapples, but 8 is worse than 9

I'd recommend you to get tipsy and marathon the seasons to make them bareable :derp:

• Brohoof 4

recently i've been revisiting all the fan stuff i used to watch as a kid (mainly fan music but games too), and man....I get sad cuz it's over and those good ol' days are gone but it is what it is. And I'm also rewatching the whole show cuz why not lmao :ButtercupLaugh:

On 12/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Jon the VGNerd said:

It has been a whole year since FiM has ended. How are you guys currently handling after its final episode in 2019 that marked the end of a famous, ground-breaking show?

Still mourning, yo :sunny:. Horse Life serves to scratch the itch, now that S2 was confirmed. So are comics. But eventually those will end as well :sunny:

• 4 months later...

I guess I'm doing fine. I felt myself already growing distant from the show. That's the first thing to go when you're a Brony. Haven't even watched all of S9. haven't watched Pony Life. Haven't kept up with the comics. Been slow to read the fanfics. Don't really buy offical merch. It's really these forums and the cons that keep me invested. Yeah, it was a gut punch to learn that the show was ending. But looking back, MLP was consistently good and ended on a high note after a long run. You can't really ask for better than that. 

I made my peace with MLP ending. It helped me out when I needed it most and will always be a part of my life from now on. But it isn't my entire life. And I think I've moved on alright. 

I'll admit that the final season wasn't flawless as in it didn't have a single bad episode, but for what it was, I thought it was better than Season 8, not to mention that it was mostly everything I wanted it to be. However, with it having ended over a year and a half ago, I've still been checking out fan made content when I can, watched Season 1 of Pony Life, and am keeping an eye on G5 news.

Well to tell you the truth, I didn't watched the MLP series finale when it premiered at the time because I moved on from the show a long time ago. However, I did got back into the show ever since it celebrated it's 10th anniversary last year.

• Brohoof 1

I discovered the show in December 2020 and finished the show and some of the movies a week before I joined this forum (17th of January).

How I handling it? Well, I was so amazed by this show that I joined here. Since that I'm exploring this forum and fandom more and more every day and with everyday I'm more amazed by it. Some time ago I started my second run through the show and I'm now in season 7. After my second run I will most likely start to explore the comics and mangas and then let's see.

Even if I was touched by the ending, this was just the start for my journey through this phenomena called MLP. So I think I'm handling it pretty well.

• Brohoof 1