Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Upcoming MLP film/series may not actually be G5

Plonkett

I just had a thought. I don't believe that the 2021 film and 2022 show isn't actually a G5, but is more akin to Beast Wars. BW served as a continuation of Transformers G1, while having no connection whatsoever to G2. Like in BW, the original shown is being mentioned as a point in history. Same universe, different time period. I'm fairly convinced that the real G5 will be in a separate universe like all the other MLP gens. What about you?

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind a completely new blank slate, provided they take 'activism' out of the agenda. But then again we just have to wait and see. If there is a G5, I would like it to take place in the far future, centuries, even thousands of years into the future of the Universe of G4, or just be a completely new universe with all new everything.

Truthfully speaking, we don't have any proof it will be G5, just word of mouth so far, the same way that unsettling bit of information we heard was only from one news article that did not go into detail. I just say forget speculating at this point, let my eyes be the judge of the movie's worth.