Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Want The Upcoming Series "Pony Life" To Be Cancelled?

EpicEnergy

I was wondering if anyone here things that "Pony Life" looks so bad that it needs to be cancelled.

I got this idea from the recent news that the "Pony Life" official trailer was set to private on Hasbro's official channel on YouTube. While it is unknown as to why it was taken down, one possible reason is because Hasbro is having second thoughts about releasing "Pony Life" due to the backlash. Here is more on the subject if you are curious - https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/12/official-pony-life-trailer-on-hasbros.html

As for my opinion, I would still like for "Pony Life" to be released even though I have doubts about it.

Edited by FestiveEnergy
  • Brohoof 2

They set in to private????

Not just Youtube COPPA problems?

I am just hoping to get some laugh out of the fandom going all crazy for the wrong reasons, when Pony Life comes out. So no need to cancel!

• Brohoof 4

No, they shouldn't

Wanna know why?

Companies tend to take things the wrong way / act stupid about things

Aka instead of being like "oh you don't like this change we've made? Here, let us revert back to the good old days", they end up being like "Oh you don't like this change we've made? Okay then, show / game series / movie series cancelled forever since public interest has clearly run out, BUH BYE!"

Woah, they set it to private??

I honestly don’t want it to be cancelled. Even though I don’t think Pony Life will be very great I’m still getting my hopes up that somehow it’ll pull through. :Daydreaming:

• Brohoof 2

28 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Not just Youtube COPPA problems?

Well, other can argue, but the official MLP videos by Hasbro are truly aimed at kids.

While I do not like the "chibi" art style, I am willing to watch the new series, and only then form an opinion about them.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Well, other can argue, but the official MLP videos by Hasbro are truly aimed at kids.

yep, and YouTube is probably pitching a fit that a video aimed for kids has "Feeling good as HELL" in it~

• Brohoof 2

Just now, fare67t said:

yep, and YouTube is probably pitching a fit that a video aimed for kids has "Feeling good as HELL" in it~

Why? COPPA is about collecting data on who watches a video, not about whether the content of the video has bad words in it.

Just now, Pentium100 said:

Why? COPPA is about collecting data on who watches a video, not about whether the content of the video has bad words in it.

Tell that to literally like...every single person talking about YT these days, claiming its the YouTube apocalypse / all their stuff is gonna be taken down because "OH THAT'S NOT FOR KIDS, BUT HAS PONIES"

1 minute ago, fare67t said:

Tell that to literally like...every single person talking about YT these days, claiming its the YouTube apocalypse / all their stuff is gonna be taken down because "OH THAT'S NOT FOR KIDS, BUT HAS PONIES"

The idea is this - no collection of data on kids.

If a video is aimed at kids, then it is reasonable to assume that kids are going to watch it, so Youtube cannot collect data on the viewers. Without data, YT cannot show targeted-at-viewer ads, which decreases the ad profit.

If a video is not interesting to kids then YT can collect data on those who watch it.

If a video is marked as "not interesting to kids", so allowing YT to collect the data, but is actually interesting to kids, then YT ends up collecting data on kids, which is against the law. Or rather, if you have reason to assume that kids would be watching the video and still collect the data, then it's against the law.

There was backlash? Everywhere I saw it mentioned, the most negative reaction I saw was a casual (understandable) eyeroll. Not sure if I’d cancel it. If I don’t like it, I don’t need to watch it.

However... what in God’s name is THIS??

491E825E-5EFC-4861-8CC0-92BA96170FB9.jpeg.a922b68a64f809a18f4e9bc09b79cb20.jpeg

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 3

48 minutes ago, JingLBabe said:

There was backlash? Everywhere I saw it mentioned, the most negative reaction I saw was a casual (understandable) eyeroll. Not sure if I’d cancel it. If I don’t like it, I don’t need to watch it.

That's called "ALL ABOARD THE COAL TRAIN, BABE!!!"

I mean, they look weird and exagerated. They kind of went beyond fanwork parody. I don't really see anything bad on them, to be honest. They just poke fun at all the weird reaction images and comic panels we see scattered on the fandom since 2011. No biggie.

Ironically, the fb moronic groups are the ones that are reacting the worst at them, full of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I've seen 4chan took them with a grain of salt and they even started making parody green texts about the idea and pony life-ing 4chan related ponies. dA people took them in gladly (mostly) due the designs, and twitter is far too busy with their circlej**king to even give it enough importance.

• Brohoof 1

They can't even commit to the bit with this uninspired advert. I wonder what spooked them. They have nothing to lose by releasing this thing. Can't be worse than them Elsa x Spiderman videos. Probably.

Edited by Goat-kun
tiger tiger
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

They can't even commit to the bit with this uninspired advert. I wonder what spooked them. They have nothing to lose by releasing this thing. Can't be worse than them Elsa x Spiderman videos. Probably.

You've looked into the deepest darkness of the abyss as well, my friend?

• Brohoof 2

Nope, I'm looking forward to it. :) While I'm not really sure what to think about the art style yet (I definitely prefer the one in FIM, but I've seen a lot worse too), I'm cautiously optimistic about it, as they seem to have kept quite a few elements of FIM (such as the voice cast).

1 hour ago, fare67t said:

I'm guessing this is the reason it was taken down (though I'm assuming it might have been a Hasbro decision). :adorkable: I must admit I thought the song had been added to the trailer as a joke when I first saw it (it was an unofficial upload). Only when I checked out the official Hasbro upload did I realize they had really used "Good as Hell" in an official MLP trailer. :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, fare67t said:

34 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

Nope, I'm looking forward to it. :) While I'm not really sure what to think about the art style yet (I definitely prefer the one in FIM, but I've seen a lot worse too), I'm cautiously optimistic about it, as they seem to have kept quite a few elements of FIM (such as the voice cast).

I'm guessing this is the reason it was taken down (though I'm assuming it might have been a Hasbro decision). :adorkable: I must admit I thought the song had been added to the trailer as a joke when I first saw it (it was an unofficial upload). Only when I checked out the official Hasbro upload did I realize they had really used "Good as Hell" in an official MLP trailer. :ButtercupLaugh:

To be fair, "♪ Feelin' good as Tartarus! ♪" doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as well. :derp:

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, JingLBabe said:

My thoughts exactly. Mlp had great animation. Why would they ever think to follow it up with this??!?!?? 

Unless they are trying to kill the series and thus kill the brony fandom...???:umad: 

I can’t say that I really want it to be cancelled, but if it is, I won’t be bothered. I mean, it looks so bad, and my expectations are so low that cancellation doesn’t seem to be the worst scenario. However, it it’s released, I’ll watch at least one episode, just to know what it’s all about.

I don't want this to be canceled. I don't have very high expectations for it but of course I'm gonna give it a chance. Looks like it's G4.5 rather than G5 and as long as it's not a bland parody of FiM like Teen Titans Go is for the original Teen Titans cartoon, I'll accept it as something to tie us over until G5.

And even if it is bad, we're still getting another movie in 2021 so that's something to look forward to.

• Brohoof 3