Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Best/worst computer brands.

CastletonSnob

I'm not fluent on computers, but based on personal experience, HP has been really good to me, and while I may not have used their brands personally, my brother had issues with Lenovo laptops right out of the box when he bought one twice in a row, once with a wireless modem that was already busted and another that didn't even turn on

I currently have a Dell laptop and HP desktop. Both are great in experience.

For me personally, I'd say Dell is currently the best performance wise. With HP as second best.

For the worst brand, I would have to say in my opinion, Lenovo is not the type of brand I'd prefer.

I'd say anything like Lenovo or 'off brand' is bad. I had an HP computer, it served me well for 5 years and what I currently have is a Skytech Archangel gaming PC. It is far better than any other computer I have ever used. For Dell, the ones we used in school were all Dells. Given the time period Dells were used in school from 2014-2017 it was no surprise the computers there were quite crappy. And for that time period, they were outdated. 

Apple  hardware is overpriced and Apple puts extra effort to make it more difficult to repair.

Dell used to have propritary power supplies both for their laptops and desktops (I don't know the situation now), which would bre a problem if you needed to replace the PSU.

Other than that, I don't know much about desktops or laptops (it has been a while since I bought a laptop and I still use it).

I like Supermicro servers (compared to HP and Dell), because they have less proprietary stuff and come with all drive caddies (HP/Dell expects you to buy drives from them at 2x price)

• Brohoof 1

We have had good luck with Dell's. Our towers do not have proprietary PSUs from what I can see, they look like standard Atx ones.

Just remember all brands have a cheap line, a decent line, a good line, and a high end line. You can't compare one high end one to another cheap one.

My experience with Toshiba and Dell computers has been pretty good. My Toshiba laptops have lasted a long time. My experience with HP was absolutely horrible, so I will never get them again.

• Brohoof 1