Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*gasp* I just realized *inhale*...

Twentypercent

Wow. I certainly didn't notice. I'm sure nopony else would've either. They actually reuse clips quite a bit, but I wouldn't have expected them to reverse one.

This settles it. My suspicions held true this entire time. Fluttershy's voice is a reverse of Pinkie speaking backwards.

• Brohoof 3

This is really awesome! I kinda like when shows do that... Here's another example:

When AJ says: "Rainbowdash, what's going on with this rain, I mean chocolate milk, I mean chocolate milk-rain?"

It's the same as later on when Pinkie says: "and what are you laughin' at?!" AJ: "um, chocolate milk..."

I'm pretty sure that they just repeated the 'chocolate milk' from before...

Instances at 2:48 and 19:07

http://youtube/nn0j1PVk30k

Edited by BerryPunch
  • Brohoof 1

Wow... I don't think I would ever have noticed something like that - good job for finding it!

I love it when shows do little easter eggs like this, It just makes them that much more awesome.

Apparently, they ave reused the gasp in other scenes. Besides the gasp, they have reused screams and cheers.

Yeah, they reused Rarity's gasp when first meeting Twilight Sparkle for her laugh in Sonic Rainboom.
  • Brohoof 2

Sounds like that get reused a lot more than you'd think - the Wilhelm Scream is a good example:

• Brohoof 3

I just realized Fluttershy's inhale before her famous YAY, is the reversed GASP of Pinkie (or Pinkie's gasp is the reverse of Fluttershy's yay :huh:)

Watch at the end of the video (it's a good video anyway, but you can skip to 1:55 to see what I'm talking about)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDEdSMcalUQ

Lol, that made my day ;D

By the way, Pinkie Pie's gasp from the first episode, I also heard it again on another episode (possibly the one with the parasprites?) Like a lot of good cartoons, there is always a running gag moment or sound effect (whether it be Amy from Futurama always slipping or the "my leg" gag from Spongebob). Does someone have a counter on that one yet? :P

Edited by Akaraah

Egad! That is a bit surprising. But since Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are voiced by the same person, I can see how there would be similarities with their voices.

I never noticed that before. I mean, I knew they re-used sounds from other episodes in the show (Fluttershy's squeak in the first episode is re-used in A Bird in the Hoof, for example).

On another note, that video is pretty darn funny :)

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I never noticed that before. I mean, I knew they re-used sounds from other episodes in the show (Fluttershy's squeak in the first episode is re-used in A Bird in the Hoof, for example). On another note, that video is pretty darn funny :)

Also in that episode, Mrs. Cake's gasp when Pinkie eats Celestia's cupcake is the same gasp. Even the latest episode had it, when Pinkie sees the MMMM has been chomped. Edited by CandidKid