Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*gasp* I just realized *inhale*...

Twentypercent

I wonder if there is a hidden message in the background if you play one of the songs backwards.

I new that they re-used sounds alot but I never knew how much they actually did it. . . :blink: . . . and I never would have even notice Pinkie/Fluttershy's scream/inhale. :mellow:

If they didn't reuse screams and gasps, the show would go the way of crap by the end of the third season because every voice actor would have to scream and gasp score times their usual number of gasps and screams. All of their voices would go hoarse.

I never noticed it, but I think it's pretty damned nice! This proves that Pinkie and Fluttershy do have the same voice actor. And I dunno why, but I have the video open while writing this: My ears are starting to explode now. :blush:

Sounds like that get reused a lot more than you'd think - the Wilhelm Scream is a good example:

I was just going to mention this! This re-use of soundclips is pretty common in movies/TV shows! There are also these clips of kids laughing and playing, and another one of a crying/laughing baby that I first heard in Arthur when i was younger, but I continue to keep hearing in shows I watch these days!

It makes sense that they would do this. It keeps sound quality high, yet they don't have to waste time working on making new sounds for every little noise the ponies make.

I've noticed it a lot in the show, reused sounds are nothing new. Pinkie's laugh is a good example, the same laugh sound is used numerous times throughout the show. It's okay, though, most people would never notice and it's a time and budget constraint.

Plus, getting a realistic sounding laugh is not easy.

Oh, and:

I wonder if there is a hidden message in the background if you play one of the songs backwards.

Edited by TotalOverflow

That is quite interesting...

I personally believe that it was the fluttershys inhale reversed when pinkie pie jumps in episode 1.