Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Attention All Artists!

Hazardus_Havard.

(edited)

If you made it the right size, feel free to send it to me a PNG file or something and I can convert it to PSD for you. If they really want PSD :D I can also export as super amazing high quality jpg with no loss.

Cool, thanks for the help.

I wonder if I should go for a background though... I think I should take the entire week on something big, but not sure if worth the trouble considering that there WILL be competitors.

I think I'll make the most out of my forté... hair *pokes celestia avatar* :ph34r:

Btw, anyone know the 'right' size in pixels, or can I make anything that happens to have the right aspect ratio? Since I'm working with pixel art, I don't wanna cause issues if by accident I win and the art quality goes to crap because of scaling issues.

Edited by PixMeister

Cool, thanks for the help.

I wonder if I should go for a background though... I think I should take the entire week on something big, but not sure if worth the trouble considering that there WILL be competitors.

I think I'll make the most out of my forté... hair *pokes celestia avatar* :ph34r:

Btw, anyone know the 'right' size in pixels, or can I make anything that happens to have the right aspect ratio? Since I'm working with pixel art, I don't wanna cause issues if by accident I win and the art quality goes to crap because of scaling issues.

Apparently 8 inches is 576 pixels and 10 inches is 720 pixels, but that is at 72 pixels per inch

At 300 pixels per inch that is an easy whopping 2400 for 8 inch and 3000 for 10 inch. If I do have a recommendation for pixel art, perhaps going lower resolution isn't a bad idea for this piece. So 567 x 720 is reasonable.

Apparently 8 inches is 576 pixels and 10 inches is 720 pixels, but that is at 72 pixels per inch

At 300 pixels per inch that is an easy whopping 2400 for 8 inch and 3000 for 10 inch. If I do have a recommendation for pixel art, perhaps going lower resolution isn't a bad idea for this piece. So 567 x 720 is reasonable.

567 x 720 is at least three times larger than the biggest thing I ever made. Think I could I get away with 360x288 (scaled up of course) and go for a low-res style that I've been using all along? :o

And does it have to be portrait style instead of landscape? I don't wanna disqualify myself for being that silly to not make something in portrait style.

567 x 720 is at least three times larger than the biggest thing I ever made. Think I could I get away with 360x288 (scaled up of course) and go for a low-res style that I've been using all along? :o

And does it have to be portrait style instead of landscape? I don't wanna disqualify myself for being that silly to not make something in portrait style.

You would have to look at contest rules, I would assume either one is good, but doing portrait is preferred.

And honestly, I would say go for it, I bet if you made it look cool, someone will like it.

You would have to look at contest rules, I would assume either one is good, but doing portrait is preferred.

And honestly, I would say go for it, I bet if you made it look cool, someone will like it.

Contest rules just says 8" by 10". Nothing else.

Here's mine!

post-466-0-13701900-1339146142_thumb.png

If you could go vote for it here I would be very grateful.

That's pretty good. Not sure if they'll allow it in the end though since Discord's in the picture and all, but still hope for the best.

That's pretty good. Not sure if they'll allow it in the end though since Discord's in the picture and all, but still hope for the best.

I just now noticed Rainbow Dash's also in the picture. You may want to edit that out. Hasbro doesn't care if this documentary is being made, but they don't want any of their copywrighted material being used.

Contest rules just says 8" by 10". Nothing else.

Yeah, the want it like a portrait so it could be hung like a poster and so the directors can sign the work themselves.

They stated that if they liked the concept, then even if it has slight copyright infringement they will contact you and get you to change it ;)

They stated that if they liked the concept, then even if it has slight copyright infringement they will contact you and get you to change it ;)

That's cool, hope you still get through and all. It'd be difficult to change that much on your poster though. Wish they'd just allow the character Discord in the contest.

I would like some critique on my entry if you don't mind, Votes would be nice too :)

http://eljordo911.de...unset-307090463

http://prizes.org/Cr...iew=grid&page=1

Posted Image

I knew I saw that from somewhere, the contest a few days ago. The background is really good, you may want to redo the ponies though; the eyes seem really off.

Here's mine!

post-466-0-13701900-1339146142_thumb.png

If you could go vote for it here I would be very grateful.

I have NO idea if you know this, but the title heading is being used for another entry by the name of Arokip. So if you made that heading and that person using it without permission, I'd report. Just a heads up.