Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Attention All Artists!

Hazardus_Havard.

(edited)

Attention All Artists!!!

Unawares to you all, there is an ongoing Brony contest being held!

"But what's this about?"

~GO HERE~

http://prizes.org/Cr...iew=grid&page=1

~GO HERE~

An entry can be made that is to be dealt with the Brony-fandom, so long as the picture is 8" x10".

The prize? $500 dollars, your work will be used as the give-a-way to the Brony documentary, AND provided you can get there a chance to meet the directors of the show!

Read the rules for the contest at the site mentioned above for more details!

DON'T WAIT! There's only 7 days left!!!

I myself am entering the contest and have been drawing continously to get it right (even missed school for this!)

I am actually quite upset I found this only by chance surfing through the internet, a mistake really...

Which makes me point something out on this site since I joined. I've noticed there's no news topics on the show, any of the Brony-Cons being held, contests like the one stated above, and anything else that can be thought up.

I'd like to see something like this being placed on the front page, would make the site much stronger in my opinion. Edited by Hazardus_Havard

I was trying to join this while it wasn't very well known, but now with EqD posting it as well as Lauren Faust, I bet some big drawer will steal the win :P

I was trying to join this while it wasn't very well known, but now with EqD posting it as well as Lauren Faust, I bet some big drawer will steal the win :P

Possibly, I only see about three that actually qualify perfectly for it. Most of the entries for it either can't qualify due to not coinciding with the rules of the contest, or are made by people that have NO idea what the MLP:FiM fandom is actually about, and those ones are in abundance (except for the troll entries that are rejected, I lol'd at those)
  • Brohoof 1

Which makes me point something out on this site since I joined. I've noticed there's no news topics on the show, any of the Brony-Cons being held, contests like the one stated above, and anything else that can be thought up.

I'd like to see something like this being placed on the front page, would make the site much stronger in my opinion.

We have the live news feed from EQD that automatically posts EQD's articles to here. It's in the forum "Pony Bulletin".

Possibly, I only see about three that actually qualify perfectly for it. Most of the entries for it either can't qualify due to not coinciding with the rules of the contest, or are made by people that have NO idea what the MLP:FiM fandom is actually about, and those ones are in abundance (except for the troll entries that are rejected, I lol'd at those)

I know, but now a ton of people that are actually interested know about it. I'll still give it my best shot, but I leave for New York tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna have to work nonstop and pull an all nighter XD

(BTW, could you link me the 3 that actually qualify?)

We have the live news feed from EQD that automatically posts EQD's articles to here. It's in the forum "Pony Bulletin".

It actually took me a bit to find that thing, but now I see there is a news bulletin on this site. Still, I have to go and ask why it isn't front paged on this site with news and tidbits of information to provide to people immediately (like this contest?)

I seriously had no idea this contest was going on, i'd have started along time ago for it!

I know, but now a ton of people that are actually interested know about it. I'll still give it my best shot, but I leave for New York tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna have to work nonstop and pull an all nighter XD

(BTW, could you link me the 3 that actually qualify?)

No, a good majority still qualify, its from what i've seen after reading the rules that three have a VERY strong chance of winning, let me look it up real quick for the entries I saw.

It actually took me a bit to find that thing, but now I see there is a news bulletin on this site. Still, I have to go and ask why it isn't front paged on this site with news and tidbits of information to provide to people immediately (like this contest?)

I seriously had no idea this contest was going on, i'd have started along time ago for it!

No, a good majority still qualify, its from what i've seen after reading the rules that three have a VERY strong chance of winning, let me look it up real quick for the entries I saw.

Well, never mind there. Just go the the site and look at the first three contestants. Those ones have the strongest chances of winning so far what with how the rules are stated.

I was gonna enter a menacing looking Discord in Comic Book format, but doesn't look like I'll be doing that now...

Do not want. I hate contests and for only 500$, it's not really worth it.

You also get the chance to meet the directors of the documentary including Lauren Faust, plus the recognition you garner from winning as well.

I was gonna enter a menacing looking Discord in Comic Book format, but doesn't look like I'll be doing that now...

Why not?

(edited)

You also get the chance to meet the directors of the documentary including Lauren Faust, plus the recognition you garner from winning as well.

pass, Thanks though. Edited by Bohtty

(edited)

Jpegs or PSD files? This is a discriminatory restriction against poorer pixel artists! :angry:

Edited by PixMeister

Why not?

They're asking for stuff that Hasbro does not have copyright to, so no pony's or characters from the show. This stuff is for the Documentary of the Brony community and the fandom of the show. Don't know what to do with it now...

Jpegs or PSD files? This is a discriminatory restriction against poorer pixel artists! :angry:

They're asking for PSD files if I can recall correctly. It can be done in any way you want though, so you could still do a pixelated style poster, just make sure it's in 8"x10" size.

pass, Thanks though.

That's cool. You should still look at some of the entries though, some of them aren't half bad.

They're asking for stuff that Hasbro does not have copyright to, so no pony's or characters from the show. This stuff is for the Documentary of the Brony community and the fandom of the show. Don't know what to do with it now...

Did you ever find the good submissions?

(edited)

Did you ever find the good submissions?

Yeah, from the contest the ones that met the rules along with what the people were asking for, just click on the link I provided and you'll see a page for the contest. No joke, the top three on the page look to be the ones that will win. My guess is it's gonna be the Friendship poster, that looks amazing! Edited by Hazardus_Havard

(edited)

Yeah, from the contest the ones that met the rules along with what the people were asking for, just click on the link I provided and you'll see a page for the contest. No joke, the top three on the page look to be the ones that will win. My guess is it's gonna be the Friendship poster, that looks amazing!

Yea the first ones not that good and the third one is just some random guys OC. I'm still gonna make a submission though. Additionally, the "Friendship" one is way off proportion...

Edited by Ezynell

Yea the first ones not that good and the third one is just some random guys OC. I'm still gonna make a submission though.

Good to hear, hopefully there will be more competition then. Just make sure your work does not use the actual characters from the show, that's a no-no. Also, leave some room on the poster for signatures; if it wins the directors want to sign the posters and give them out. Little to no words on the poster, they would prefer it that way. And finally, make sure it's related to the actual fandom of the Bronies community, not specifically the show or the brony-con this is going to be held.

Good to hear, hopefully there will be more competition then. Just make sure your work does not use the actual characters from the show, that's a no-no. Also, leave some room on the poster for signatures; if it wins the directors want to sign the posters and give them out. Little to no words on the poster, they would prefer it that way. And finally, make sure it's related to the actual fandom of the Bronies community, not specifically the show or the brony-con this is going to be held.

Side note, look at some of the rejected posters; they're freaking hilarious!

My idea right now is a black discord-shaped outline going down the entire poster (completely black to not infringe copyright) then hand draw OCs of Lauren Faust and Tara Strong at the bottom with Bronycon: The Documentary spanning across the top to actually be relevant.

My idea right now is a black discord-shaped outline going down the entire poster (completely black to not infringe copyright) then hand draw OCs of Lauren Faust and Tara Strong at the bottom with Bronycon: The Documentary spanning across the top to actually be relevant.

Just remember they want it in an 8"x10" size. I'll be releasing what I originally was going to put in for the contest on my DA page in a few days, god it looks amazing already; so depressed it won't be in the competition.

Just remember they want it in an 8"x10" size. I'll be releasing what I originally was going to put in for the contest on my DA page in a few days, god it looks amazing already; so depressed it won't be in the competition.

Here's mine!

post-466-0-13701900-1339146142_thumb.png

If you could go vote for it here I would be very grateful.

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine!

post-466-0-13701900-1339146142_thumb.png

If you could go vote for it here I would be very grateful.

Signed up just to vote for you :3

I've gotta say... no offence to like, other artists who've entered *I just cba* but a lot of the really good art has hardly any likes D:

• Brohoof 1

Signed up just to vote for you :3

I've gotta say... no offence to like, other artists who've entered *I just cba* but a lot of the really good art has hardly any likes D:

Most of it uses copyrighted characters, which are not allowed in the competition. That's why I only used a Discord outline.

• Brohoof 1

If you made it the right size, feel free to send it to me a PNG file or something and I can convert it to PSD for you. If they really want PSD :D I can also export as super amazing high quality jpg with no loss.

:(

I don't think my art is good enough...

Besides I'm not well equipped or suited to handle the stress of competetion...

I wish any pony who enters good luck, and say hello to Lauren for me, I would love to meet her.

• Brohoof 1