Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New book possibly reveals synopsis for G5 special or series.

CastletonSnob

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/08/new-book-listing-on-amazzon-reveals-bit.html

Spoiler

Description: When Izzy tells Sunny stories about growing up in Bridlewood, Sunny suggests visiting Izzy's favorite places in her hometown. Although Izzy loves Bridlewood, the friends ultimately discover that home isn't a place, it 's being with your family.

I think this might either be based on the 44 minute special we're supposedly getting after the movie, or an episode for the upcoming G5 show.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, unless this is some sort of sub plot from the movie, it seems like it could be related to either the special or series. Considering that it seems a bit small for a 44 minute special, I'd be inclined to think it is an episode to the series. Though that being said, considering how far off the actual series is, this almost seems too early to be a short episode description.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like it might also be simply a standalone book.  I mean, you could base a short, or...maybe a 44-minute special around it, but it seems a bit too short for that.

Though I think we've seen enough of the trailer to know that the main characters do travel to Bridlewood at some point in the movie, so CloudMistDragon might be right; it might simply be a segment of the movie.

• Brohoof 1

This has to be part of the film. That's really the only conclusion to come to. If this isn't just part of the film, then that would mean the G5 series is all about Izzy which would not make any sense whatsoever.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, you're right. Maybe it just part of the film. I don't know, maybe because that plot element was so interesting that I think it could expand upon it, but yeah, it was a bit short to fit in for a special or an episode.

• 2 weeks later...

There is apparently another non-English book out there with additional images as seen in this YT video:

The non-spoilery note I'll post is apparently the movie spends more time with various characters as foals than we were previously led to believe.

The spoilery part is as follows (gleaned from the text of this new book):

Spoiler

Phyllis is apparently Sprout's mother, which explains a lot. As do the images of the young Sprout acting out.