Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone like the Mane 5 more than the Mane 6?

DivineMist1000

Honestly, I do like the Mane 5 more! I only really like Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy of the Mane 6, but I really do like all of the new G5 ponies!

Anyone else share this thought?

Edited by DivineJoy1000
  • Brohoof 2

No, we only got one movie for the Mane 5 so far so it's definitely gonna lean heavily towards the mane 6 for me still. As much as I like the mane 5 it's going to be hard to top the Mane 6

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't go that far after only seeing one movie, even as that movie introduced all of them very well. It's a possibility I'll prefer them in the future, but the special place in my heart for the Mane 6 is never going to be replaced. 

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely prefer the Mane 5 over the Mane 6. I never cared much about Applejack or Rainbow Dash, and I barely like Pinkie Pie most of the time. I think the Mane 6 are overly tropey and have limited personalities centered around one or two things, whereas the Mane 5 are a lot more down-to-earth and feel like real people that have a wider range of possibilities. I could elaborate more but I already went into detail about it in one of my blog posts and I'm too tired to explain again haha.

Here's both sets of characters in order of preference for me. Orange for G5 and Purple for G4.

Hitch Trailblazer
Sunny Starscout

Rarity
Zipp Storm
Pipp Petals

Fluttershy
Izzy
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Applejack
Rainbow Dash

So... pretty apparent which group I like most overall.

I like the Mane 5 a lot, but once again, we've only seen them for one movie. The Mane 6 had nine years worth of content and development, so it's a very tall order to for me to put them below the new cast. 

• Brohoof 1

So far, I like the mane 6 more.  Sure, the mane 6 were each a little crazy, each in their own way, and the mane 5 seem to be a lot more balanced (even Izzy is sane compared to the mane 6 at their worst!).  But that insanity is what made them so endearing.

• Brohoof 1

No, and while I'm open to the possibility once the actual series comes out, I don't see it happening.  Not only are the Mane Six nostalgic for me, but FiM was able to get me invested in half the time with its pilot, while I'm just not there yet with these new characters.  I think in time, the Mane Five will grow on me, but I will be very surprised if this cast ever comes remotely close to filling the horseshoes of their predecessors.  

• Brohoof 1

We only have one single movie. Not to mention they so far were more of a collective rather than individual characters at the moment. Even so, I’m not expecting to love them more than the Mane 6. I love those four legged and 7 pastel girls too much to be replaced :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-11-28 at 12:28 AM, DivineJoy1000 said:

Honestly, I do like the Mane 5 more! I only really like Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy of the Mane 6, but I really do like all of the new G5 ponies!

Anyone else share this thought?

I do not love the mane six equally. Fluttershy and Twilight are on the top level, RD is in her own class, AJ and Pinkie are in great class and I still love Rarity, even if the least. 

For the mane five: Sunny and Izzy are definitely in top class, but they do not beat Flutter or Twi, maybe on the same Level like RD. Hitch would be equally to AJ and Pinkie. Zipp and Pipp had to less screen time in the movie for me to go compare them and that's maybe also big problem at the moment. As long as we have only one movie about G5 it's really hard for me to make good comparison between mane six and five. While the mane six had 9 seasons and specials, movies to grow and build up their personality, G5 hadn't. 

But I'm also really sure this only a question of time. G5 and the mane five have a huge potential in my eyes, but time will tell if they make something out of it.

So to answer your question: Not yet, and even if G5 becomes that good the mane six and five will exist for me together and not separated, so in that case I would love them equally not more.

• Brohoof 2

We still don’t know much about the mane five, and while I don’t dislike them, none of them have grabbed me yet. And my favorite aspect of MLP, out of everything, is the mane six, so I don’t think they’ll lose first place anytime soon. 

• Brohoof 1

Gen 4 and Mlp fim is just sooooo god dang special and nostalgic, it's the first. It's the same idea behind why every sequel to movies you like ending up just... not being as good.

I honestly liked the Manes 6, but I have to admit that I'm more excited to know more about the Generation 5, first the fact that the group is a little more varied, we have two sisters and a boy, then their personalities look so deep, and I'm sure that through the episodes they will have more story to tell, because the manes 6 was a bit silly sometimes, the group 5 seems to have more depth and not just a hug to make things better, so after that we don't know much about the future series, and the movie didn't develop the characters much, but I can't wait to know more about the manes 5

Even tho I didn't like the last few seasons as much, current gen is a far cry rn. And I don't think my opinion will change much...expect the cuteness meter will skyrocket to the Moon.