Shotgun, rilfe or handgun

swordsman

I love shotguns in video games. Close and personal. For example, in Mass Effect 2 and 3 with my vanguard Shepard. It was so satisfying to charge enemies and blast them away. Damn... I have to replay the trilogy now. I miss the squad members.

In real life, I cannot handle confrontation and violence very well. So, I avoid conflict. But if I had to choose, I would say a glock 42. The small size and lower recoil makes it the ideal self-defense gun for me. Still, I would rather not think about the animal side of humanity, especially when my animal is not working properly.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 2

In games, semi automatic rifles. I like to aim rather than spray and pray.

In real life, my favorite rifle is my WASR10, which is a AK47 clone. It is less likely to jam.

The pistol I use most is a FN P 9mm double action. I like pistols with an external hammer. But my friend likes ones with internal, I just don't own one like that.

The only shotgun I have is a Mossberg 500 12 gauge.

Edited by Merry Brony 42
  • Brohoof 2

When I have to play a video game I tend to favor a shotgun for it’s up close and personal blasting power. In real life, I’m quite fond of my little Sig Sauer P365; it’s small, simple and easily concealable in my purse or a variety of belt or shoulder holsters. I also have a nice little Enfield semi auto pistol that my dad gave me for home defense; it’s a beautiful old gun. I always wanted to try a Mauser Broom Handle on for size but never had the chance.

• Brohoof 1

Depends.

Typically used rifles. Pistols usually resorted to if I'm using a sniper class.

Denser, "close-in" maps I liked to use the shotgun. The Stakeout was a good compromise between damage and firing power, in black ops 1 :proud: .

I'd hate to see the mess using a shotgun IRL though...

I'd be curious about anyone wanting a sniper rifle in real life :mlp_wat:. You're either just a fan or must have some serious threats to take care of, offensively or defensively :wacko: .

Rifle: While the FN P90 is cool, I have got to go with the Calico M-960 series. 9mm ammo is way cheaper, easier to find and larger selection than 5.7.

Pistol: Dan Wesson Model 15-2 .357Magnum/.38Special. Stainless Steel. Interchangeable barrels  2.5in, 4in, 6in, 8in, 10in, 12in, and 15in. (the last 2 may be a bit unwieldy)

• 2 weeks later...

I want rocket launcher with infinite ammo and no-reloading hacks...

But when infinite ammo and no-reloading is unavailable, I choose ARs. They are what I'm most experienced in regarding video games because I don't like going face-to-face with combatants like shotguns and submachine guns, but neither do I like to stay away from the action like sniper rifle. I don't enjoy taking a ton of time to reload either like machine guns, and my strong desire to reload the mag if there's any bullets missing (even one) causes trouble for me with the machine gun as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-12-10 at 12:59 AM, DubWolf said:

I'd be curious about anyone wanting a sniper rifle in real life :mlp_wat:. You're either just a fan or must have some serious threats to take care of, offensively or defensively :wacko: .

I had a PTR 91 set up as a DMR(fast fireing sniper rifle for people that don't know) and i am both. I like the H&K G3 and it was my end of the world gun so i wanted something that could deal with all threats. (try killing a deer with a 5.56 AR or shooting at someone at 600+ yards.) i also like the Mossberg MVP partol for the same reasons. short, light , fast and the mags are VERY easy to find.

12 minutes ago, swordsman said:

I had a PTR 91 set up as a DMR(fast fireing sniper rifle for people that don't know) and i am both. I like the H&K G3 and it was my end of the world gun so i wanted something that could deal with all threats. (try killing a deer with a 5.56 AR or shooting at someone at 600+ yards.) i also like the Mossberg MVP partol for the same reasons. short, light , fast and the mags are VERY easy to find.

I expected you to like swords though...:yeahno:

not a huge gun person, but Tanya's pistols were so satisfying

IRL me and guns are not suited - my blokey friends invited me to a gun range as a stag event but the owners refused to let me fire anything because I was too silly (seriously :D ). There was a nearby horsey so I went and petted it instead :3