Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's one change in your life that made you more productive?

Slappy Bird

Does anypony made one change to their life that made you more productive?

Also, avoid anything relating to social media because it's cliche, and an oversimplification

For me, it's having a schedule for the day, like drawing from 10:00-10:45, script writing at 14:00-14:45, ect.

I give credit to my piano teacher for making me do that, thanks Kevin.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that one big change for me was when I got the manager position at my job. 10 years of nothing but miserable failed and 5 years on top of that since I started that job. My life was literally a mess. Going through lots of depression and shit, to the point I would drink every work and smoke nonstop. After I got the news that I got the position, literally my mindset changed. While I still drink and smoke but now, not excessively and I even stopped all that drinking at work. 

Sadly… there was a complication with my personal life that was intervening my hold on the position and have to give it up. Now I feel nothing that even alcohol or nicotine won’t do any good shit to me anymore.

32 minutes ago, TBD said:

I believe that one big change for me was when I got the manager position at my job. 10 years of nothing but miserable failed and 5 years on top of that since I started that job. My life was literally a mess. Going through lots of depression and shit, to the point I would drink every work and smoke nonstop. After I got the news that I got the position, literally my mindset changed. While I still drink and smoke but now, not excessively and I even stopped all that drinking at work. 

Sadly… there was a complication with my personal life that was intervening my hold on the position and have to give it up. Now I feel nothing that even alcohol or nicotine won’t do any good shit to me anymore.

Talk to a therapist. You're not alone

Making a schedule is helpful to maximize use of time. But also knowing what to avoid is important too. If I want to get anything done I do not turn on the TV. music or computer at all. Distractions are the bane of my existence when it comes to productivity; it makes me want to be lazy and make excuses to put off to tomorrow what could be done today. Maybe that’s why older generations were so much more productive; they didn’t have so many distractions as people do now.

11 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Making a schedule is helpful to maximize use of time. But also knowing what to avoid is important too. If I want to get anything done I do not turn on the TV. music or computer at all. Distractions are the bane of my existence when it comes to productivity; it makes me want to be lazy and make excuses to put off to tomorrow what could be done today. Maybe that’s why older generations were so much more productive; they didn’t have so many distractions as people do now.

I sometimes go a day without a schedule so that I can do something without worrying about time limit, and/or so that I can be lazy. I have cases where I get distracted, but not involve being lazy, such as yesterday, where I tried to set up my home server, and it almost made me forgot to make food for my little sister.

In case you're wondering, setting the home server was a nightmare, it took me 3 days, and I still haven't finished with it