Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would have Made you enjoy school more?

Reecejackox

Game dev related stuff on IT lessons. :darling: I was always creating crazy pen&paper games to play with my bro, making an actual game would surely pique my interest. Instead, we only had just a bit of seemingly boring stuff shown in a very uninspiring way. :P 

School 12th grade and before? Making it begin much less earlier in the day would have been amazing, also more variation in each day, less rigid structure. (although that is the life that many live in with work, and it's no fun)

More interesting content really. In retrospect, most subjects do have interesting elements and topics. Only problem is, schools generally use the most dull content and present/teach them in a horrible way that nobody really likes. Obviously, how interesting a student may find a topic is personal preference, but that doesn't excuse how outdated it is. :mlp_rarity:

Nothing really. I went to good schools, for the most part. There were nice and digilent people. Some of them were actually very considerate with me. More than they should have. The problem was me. I was a trouble kid. It felt like I didn't belong there. If there was any malcontent, I earned it.

• 3 months later...

It not starting at an ungodly early time would have been a lovely start. I don't believe I was ever going to enjoy school, but that specific issue caused me so much grief when I was younger.

Hm. I hated school in all my entire school life. I suppose one good thing I could say is having a connection between a teacher and a student. Teachers who goes the extra mile to help the “more troubled” student like myself. Giving them a chance to learn, grow and get good result from it. Rather just teaching just for paycheck or having favoritism towards top students.  I actually have some good teachers that I was connected too. And because of them, it at least made me enjoyed the learning and feel motivated to get good grade and more. If more teachers put the effort to reach out and help students who struggled the same as me, I think school and college wouldn’t be so bad. 

If anyone remembers the movie “Freedom Writer”. Damn I love that movie. And god, education will be so well off if we have more like Mrs. Gruwell. And it would have save me from my college downfall. We don’t need fancy books or technology. 

Starting later. I regularly wake up at 6am without an alarm now, but when I was a teenager it felt like an absolute slog to get up even at 7:30. I'm really not even being dramatic, it was *so* difficult for me to not fall back asleep and if I managed not to I'd just doze off throughout the day since I was sleep deprived, even with 7-8 hours a night.

• 2 weeks later...