Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you (have you) go to your high school reunion?

Miss

Fairly certain I'll have moved all of the way across the country long before the next reunion. We did have a ten year marching band reunion that I went to. Glad I got to do that.

My 10 year HS reunion is actually coming up next year and I don’t think that I will be attending. A lot of people I used to know changed for the worse. I don’t really keep in contact with anyone from HS anymore. There were some people that I recently bumped into that led to awkward instances. There were some instances where they called me from afar and they seemed excited to see me, but I couldn’t even recognize them so I was like “I’m sorry, but do I know you?”. Then they would bring up high school while I’m just standing there confused. 

I don’t know what to think anymore. I think I moved on from all of that. I tried to connect with people years ago and they didn’t want to. I don’t want to waste anymore time with them and deal with drama. I don’t want to hear people brag about their lives now. I just want to live my life. I had someone running my ear about how great they were doing, but in reality they were jobless, borrowing their parent’s luxury car, and traveling around the world with their parent’s money. 

Edited by StarlightNyars
Editing?

I'd consider it, though HS reunions aren't really a thing over here. Despite some of the obnoxious people that I'd rather never see again, there were some alright ones as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

At best only to get out for a bit.  But as I didn't live in my current location until later half of tenth grade I don't count on being remembered much.

That would be amazing! I love people and seeing updates on their lives and how they would reflectupon their past and past decisions.

It would depend on when it came to me and if I felt ready for it or not. 

If I felt ready for it sure but if the timing was bad then probably not.

Overall most likely I would probably avoid going as I prefer to look more into the future. Leave the past behind me and move on. The good and bad that happened in highschool will always be in my memories but in past is where such should stay. 

Time to focus on new relationships, new ventures etc I feel.