Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Go Back To High School?

StudioUAC

I absolutely hated high school, sure I made some friends there, but the huge amount of idiotic persons there have made me to hate it so much (mainly from lower grades).

So, it is surely a no for me, and College has proven me that it tops easily High School with my short so far yet nice experience.

• Brohoof 4

F##k no. Never. To hell with that place! High School was the biggest waste of my time and the biggest drain on my consciousness Iv'e ever had to deal with. I still have nightmares about being suddenly stuck in high school after all this time.

4 years of being treated like a prisoner. All those classes are pretty much worthless now. So little of what I learned there has stuck with me. The same monotonous routine, 5 days a week, 9 months a year, for 6 years (middle school included).  It was soul crushing. I used to be an optimistic kid till I entered middle school. Now I'm a jaded cynic who can find fault with just about anything. Sitting in a desk for the better part of 6 hours, being talked down to like I was an idiot, in the furthest thing from an engaging class course. I used to draw. I used to be an artist. But school went and crushed that. The spare time that I would draw? I had to use that to finish my homework so that i could go home and not think about my day. I wasn't even getting paid. I would've liked some monetary rewards for all my work!

And so many kids. Some good. My class and the one ahead of us had great kids. Some bad. From what I've heard and observed, every class after ours has acted so much worse. But I didn't want to be around any of them. I just wanted to be alone. Not forced into a building with a bunch of strangers. I'm asocial. I don't mind groups. But I don't actively seek them. And being around that many people repeatedly for 6 years, quickly drives you to the antisocial end of the spectrum for a while. 

I was so miserable during those years. I was always told "Enjoy school while you can, cause real life is gonna be so much harder."

Real life is going to be harder? More than this? If I can't stand being in high school, then how the hell am I supposed to make it outside these walls!?

That statement, brought me my first suicidal thoughts. I didn't know how or when, but some time after high school was over, I was gonna kill myself, if life was going to be that much worse. 

Thankfully, I managed to regain my sanity during summer vacation, and then I attended college. A very different experience. I chose what I learned, and the material was fascinating. 

Point is, my time outside of HS has proved that those 6 years were a waste of time, time I could've spent bettering myself, rather then my grades, and that life does get better outside of high school. 

• Brohoof 2

No. Not even when I get all the money. My country's school system is broken. Luckily there's self study thanks to a private school organization.

And I really have sympathy for the students in Sweden who wants homeschooling since it has been banned.

If my medical state reversed back, too, I'd take the opportunity with absolutely no hesitation!

Otherwise, I don't know... I'm not sure I could handle all of the high school band drama again. lol And I don't think I'd ever be able to march in my current condition, and that would be too disappointing for me... But if I could seriously go back and do my high school years again, that is actually going back to that time, and feeling well again, no doubt! There are things I messed up in high school, too.

I would if it was a different campus. In 11th grade I was pulled out of my regular classes and put into special ed classes and stayed in there until I graduated. The work was a joke and ridiculously easy, not even high school level and I was separated from all my classmates. Mentally, I still feel high school level and could probably fit in, I'd try make more of an effort to make friends. I wouldn't even need to start in 9th grade, I mostly would like to re-experience 11th & 12th grade. I can't help but feel like I missed out on those last two years.

Oh hell no! Those were the worst years of my life. I got hurt pretty badly by my peers and I had a job at McDonald's where I had to work every Saturday morning from 5 am - 11 with an abusive manager. It's a wonder I didn't crack.

• Brohoof 3

Back to high school... No way you must be out of your mind. The only reason I would go back for would be to tell my younger self to stand up for yourself in a lot of situations I should have.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a senior in high school right now and there is literally no chance I would ever go back and suffocate in depression and studying for tests that don't mean anything and go through every day where you don't have any value except another dollar on the teacher's paycheck.

I sorta had a Twilight deal. I've always been socially... er, distant. I also went to a more specialized high school. It was incredibly small (only 23 students and 4 teachers) so it was a lot more personal and allowed me to still make meaningful relationships without being pressured or bullied. So yes, I would go back to high school.

Depends if i get the life i had during high school as well. Year 10 was the best year of my life so far due to so many memories.

Though going to high school with the life i have now... Nah. I enjoy College and the freedom it gives me. 

Nope, my friendships now are far stronger than they were in high school. People were incredibly fickle and obsessed with being "popular". As a high schooler, I was very shy and put up with a lot of things I shouldn't have. While I did have a couple of good friendships back then, I still felt out of place and because of that, I just spent most of my time buried in my schoolwork. Now I have a lot more freedom and feel a lot happier. Besides, the subject matter in college is far more interesting.

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 2