Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nightmare Moon's True First Appearance

Pretty Fly for a PinkiePie

In the first episode, the creators put in an easter egg if you look for it. Twilight is walking around the canterlot library, there is an hourglass and a statue of a pony (stallion). At 4:43 in the episode, twilight walks by the hourglass. The angle also shows the statue, but it actually shows Nightmare Moon instead of the statue. I know it's old, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I find it interesting, and the creators get props for it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqeaGLH8ig

• Brohoof 2

I already mentioned this once, some people noticed it. I was watching it the second time when I saw it. I find it more interesting how Twilight said all the ponies in this town are crazy, and they've all went crazy at least once. :lol:

Edited by Pinkie 3.14
  • Brohoof 1

In the first episode, the creators put in an easter egg if you look for it. Twilight is walking around the canterlot library, there is an hourglass and a statue of a pony (stallion). At 4:43 in the episode, twilight walks by the hourglass. The angle also shows the statue, but it actually shows Nightmare Moon instead of the statue. I know it's old, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I find it interesting, and the creators get props for it.

if you listen closely you can hear the tone of the background music change when you see Nightmare, and it changes back when she disappears

• 7 months later...

I'm probably not the first person to have noticed this, but I'll point it out anyways; I was watching the first episode again and saw that at about 4:51, while Twilight was pacing her room in Canterlot telling Spike what to write, a bust of a unicorn momentarily transformed into Nightmare Moon when seen through Twilight's giant hourglass.

post-6052-0-15697500-1344648537.jpg

This was obviously intentional and is so subtle that few would notice, but it gives a hint that what Twilight said was true before it was proved at the end of the episode.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I didn't notice that till I watched it for the 3rd time!

I was amazing at how good the show is that they even at things like this, which most people don't notice straight away :)

Damn I love the MLP writers/ animation team!

Yeah I know that. I think the most ponies knoews about it actually. I think it was the second time I watched the episode when I noticed it :)

Strange, I noticed it the first time. :huh: I'm actually surprised I did. I'm always oblivious to stuff happening in the show.

Edited by Skyla

It took me till about the second or third time I watched the first episode to catch this, but I did, without having heard about it online beforehand. Sneaky, sneaky people.

I to didn't notice this at first but when it was pointed out to me by some random youtube video I was very suprised to learn that they added such subtle things to the show that can go unnoticed to those who don't pay attention. Needless to say after I say that youtube video I have become very observant of the little details of the show.

I saw it the first time through. According to good ol' /b/ronies, they said one of the best aspects of the show was really subtle references and things in dialogue and animations. With that in mind, I saw this in the hourglass. At first, having no knowledge of Nightmare Moon, was like "what?"and but then it all became clear.