Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Doctor XFizzle

(If this is better off in Life Advice, then don't hesitate to move it)

Basically this is a topic for current college students or alumni to share their experiences and for high schoolers on the verge of going to college to ask questions, seek advice, and get a feel for what they're in for.

What was your daily routine like? Participate in any clubs, teams, organizations? Did you rush a frat/sorority? Attend sporting events? How did you meet your friends? How was your dorm/living experience? How was your classroom experience? Did you notice any changes in your lifestyle from freshman to sophomore year, from sophomore to junior, etc and so on?

Just anything about college you want to share (within the rules obviously) and if you're about to enter college, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

I'll post my experiences tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

(edited)

Free clubs usually equal free food(mainly pizza). It's nice to have free food, but remember that it's always easier to eat horribly unhealthy in college. They usually offer you healthy alternatives. Take them every now and again.

There are literally tons of activities, so it's easy to get caught up in the social aspect of Uni life. Avoid this. It's very hard to balance a happy medium of socializing and study and if it ever has to be one or the other, go with your studies. Remember where you are and why you're there.

If you're a guy and you live in a dorm with a roommate, then...I'm sorry. It's a rough situation sometimes. Just try to love and tolerate.

Try to walk or bike to your classes instead of using bus transportation or something.

And finally:

Nutella.

This is all.

-FF

Edited by Faraday Flask
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think the best advice I can give about college is get out and explore. Not just in a geographical sense of the campus, but go join a club, volunteer for a cause, see a football/basketball/etc game. Just do as much as you can with your friends (but not too much that it will distract you from your studies because you also have to keep your work right while being social).

Enjoy every moment because 4 years goes faster than you think. Trust me. It will go faster than you think. Soak it all up while you can live in the present because once you graduate and everyone goes their separate ways, you're going to be yearning for a chance to turn back the clock to re-live the previous 4 years. That's what I'm currently suffering through right now. My 4 years at school were the best of my life and now I'm having a hard time of letting go and moving forward with my career.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to be a senior in High School this upcoming year (Yay), and I'm going to be going to a community college with no dorms, so life won't be that different, however, I will get discounts for showing my college ID at certain stores and restaurants.

I'm going to be a senior in High School this upcoming year (Yay), and I'm going to be going to a community college with no dorms, so life won't be that different, however, I will get discounts for showing my college ID at certain stores and restaurants.

Me too! (Yay) And in my school, we get to go to college for free along with volunteering to help the community of course. 100 hours of service, here I come! :lol:

Coming from a current college student.

Join clubs :)

don't be shy :blush:

don't over do the parties, not worth it ;)

do homework when you get it, TRY not to postpone doing it :huh:

I don't know anything about dorm life, I was lucky enough to get an Apt :mellow:

best to sit next to the front of the classes ;)

just some things I can think of off the top of my head :P

I am in graduate school now. Finishing my masters in July and start my PhD in September. From what I remember of undergrad, it was hectic, busy but totally survivable. Join a club, rest, party or whatever but never forget to keep your eyes on the prize!

Yikes. Waaaaaay to young to be thinking about college yet :o

However, I do know what not to do. Don't be that guy who thinks he's all that by partying hard and smoking and doing drugs and stuff. A close family member of mine thought that this would be a good idea and you know where that left him? Kicked out of a respectable university, homeless, friendless, and with no money. It took months for him to get back up on his feet and now had to settle for a community college (not ripping on them, bu he could have done so much better). So don't be that guy.