Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Official MLP:FIM Plushies

Champion RD92

(edited)
It's actually not the hair that makes me unsure if I want one. I think their faces are just totally not looking like in the show. It seems very hard to keep the cuteness and cuddlyness in 3d. Especially Twily looks odd Edited by Wildcard

It's actually not the hair that makes me unsure if I want one. I think their faces are just totally not looking like in the show. It seems very hard to keep the cuteness and cuddlyness in 3d. Especially Twily looks odd

You're right, Twilight's face doesn't look too much like her on-screen counterpart. But the face is on model with Hasbro's other current Twilight merch, specifically the brushables (Fashion Twilight, Playful Twilight). In any case, it's an improvement over the previous G3 models Hasbro has been passing off as FiM character plush.

• Brohoof 1

It was good. Then I looked at the hair. Jesus Christ, they look like they all play in a reggae band.

Is it wrong that I didn't really want to own them until I read that, and now I'm looking for tiny rasta hats?

• Brohoof 4

baby steps, people, baby steps

It's an improvement when you consider the design has to be efficient enough to mass produce. It can't be too detailed or else production costs get hiked up and consumers have to pay more. So it's either be cheap and get an okay looking plushie or shell out big bucks to get a high-quality, accurate plush.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well... Cool.. I don't see any actual point in buyin pony plushies/toys, what you gonna do with them after? Just put in your room and that's it? It's only my opinion though.

Not if it's a Lyra plushie. Edited by roomforapony

Well... Cool.. I don't see any actual point in buyin pony plushies/toys, what you gonna do with them after? Just put in your room and that's it? It's only my opinion though.

Have you ever had the desire to just hug a pony? Well that's what I intend to do when I get a plushie. I just don't know if I want one of these. The thing that's great about custom plushies is, not only do they look better, but you know they're handmade with love and care. I would definitely cherish something more if it's handmade than if it's mass produced.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm fine with everything except the hair. It just looks... Lazy. Like they were making it and said "Oh crap, we need to get these out sooner. Let's put some shitty streamers on their head. Okay? Okay. Done." It's just tacky.

But it's still an improvement from that one Twilight plushie... I nearly screamed when I first saw it... Hopefully, they'll improve. If not... Then I guess I'm spending all my money on a custom plushie.

• Brohoof 3