Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vinyl's eyes

Bowser

well i dont know if anyone else noticed but at the end of season 2 vinyl takes off her glasses and reveals that she has amathyst eyes. I dont know if the fans still think that she has red eyes (not saying they shouldn't). it would make more sense if she had amathyst eyes instead of red ones.

(edited)
Epic Wub Time is really the first major fandom animation (incorporating Vinyl Scratch) since the season finale came out and it shows her eyes as amethyst, to I guess it's generally accepted. Edited by Ezynator
  • Brohoof 1

I always liked the idea of Vinyl's eyes being violet. It matches her color scheme nicely. Though, I suppose her eyes are the color they are because it matches Vinyl's fan-made personality: she just does't give a damn. That being said, I think her current eye color is a little strange, but hey. It's canon, now.

Her having red eyes was actually one of the very few fanon-pony quirks I had actually liked, so I'm a little bummed we now know otherwise. Not going to argue with canon though, purple is still very pretty and matches her color scheme quite well :)

thats one thing about all this fan stuff, one person believes something, it gets widely accepted, then Hasbro proves it wrong then hundreds of other theories come out and overall makes a mess.

just another flaw that i have found in are community.

Traditionally Bronies felt that her eyes were red. In Canterlot Wedding Part Two, during the "Love is in Bloom" song, Vinyl briefly takes off her glasses as a Hasbro shout-out to the fan debates over the issue. Zooming in on HD screenshots of her, Bronies found that the color was magneta. In the days after the episode a surprisingly intense, aggressive debate took place across Bronydom. One side claimed that the scene was taking place at night and thus her eyes were darkened. The other side used Photoshop to adjust colors, showing that the darkening of the scene was nowhere near enough to make Vinyl's eyes red. After countless arguments on forums and Youtube comments sections, someone asked Hasbro and an animator (I think, or maybe the writer of the episode) said that Vinyl had been given the same eye design as Rainbow Dash, ie magneta. Thus concluded one of the strangest controversies in Brony history.