Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I drew Fluttershy on MS paint

Pix3M

The quality wouldn't have changed, but you probably would have gotten it done quicker if you had used a different tool (providing you knew how to work the other tool as well)

Awesome pixel art at any rate.

post-4376-0-22959100-1342572841.png

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-geaXexeqg

Quick question, have you perhaps had any formal education in graphic design or Art of any kind?

(edited)

Not bad overall, but I do notice some bad AA on her eyelash (it doesn't approximate the curve's slope values very well) and I don't think the mid tone cluster uses for shading correctly forms the 3D shape of her face (like the twilight one, it looks wedge-like; the pinkie one and AJ one didn't seem to have the problem however). I'd personally like to see use of those AA tones more than just AA so that the color count can be more justified for being less tight; some smooth 2x2 dither ramps using these shades in a non-interweaves fashion could add a lot of what seems like "detail" but what would actually just be smoother shading. Plus that way you can contrast your palette even more without worrying about color eye burn.

Also,

>Made in MS Paint

>Only text in the topic

I find this interesting considering you had before said multiple times that "tool used doesn't matter" yet you make that the focal point of the thread :P

Edited by Ashbad

Not bad overall, but I do notice some bad AA on her eyelash (it doesn't approximate the curve's slope values very well) and I don't think the mid tone cluster uses for shading correctly forms the 3D shape of her face (like the twilight one, it looks wedge-like; the pinkie one and AJ one didn't seem to have the problem however). I'd personally like to see use of those AA tones more than just AA so that the color count can be more justified for being less tight; some smooth 2x2 dither ramps using these shades in a non-interweaves fashion could add a lot of what seems like "detail" but what would actually just be smoother shading. Plus that way you can contrast your palette even more without worrying about color eye burn.

Also,

>Made in MS Paint

>Only text in the topic

I find this interesting considering you had before said multiple times that "tool used doesn't matter" yet you make that the focal point of the thread :P

Please just admit the beauty. Please. For me.

(edited)

I did it mainly for teh luls because I kept seeing silly praise at other people's work just because it was made in MS paint. Just wanted to make a point, and I even added a a few links in the video's description to bigger, better works made in MS paint.

Edited by PixMeister

(edited)

Quick question, have you perhaps had any formal education in graphic design or Art of any kind?

Eh, maybe one drawing class and a photography class in high school.

Edited by PixMeister

Eh, maybe one drawing class and a photography class in high school.

Well I am officially jealous, I have dedicated my life to learning how to produce amazing digital art, taken numerous classes. And still cannot produce one piece of art as good as you can. Makes me sad and happy at the same time.

(edited)

MS PAINT...

CHALLANGE ACCEPTED.

Posted Image

She is beautiful! Hahahha

Seriously though, I can't understand how it is possible to just.. Make awesome art in that program. NO LAYERS. :L

Edited by Mr. Pillow
  • Brohoof 1

MS PAINT...

CHALLANGE ACCEPTED.

She is beautiful! Hahahha

Seriously though, I can't understand how it is possible to just.. Make awesome art in that program. NO LAYERS. :L

You can't understand? Didn't I just make a video showing the EXACT process to make stuff on MS paint? :P