Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A                                                                                      

Were this an anime forums, I would reply with 2D>3D! Fantasy seems better than reality because we are only constrained by our imagination, as opposed to reality where we can only make do with what's available. But fantasy cannot exist without reality.

To be honest, I don't find much attractive about reality at default. However, the world is how we perceive it to be, in the end.

You can view and live it through Equestrian eyes, or view life as an rpg game or whatever keeps you going.

This is a beautiful song, and sums up this thread well.

The topic about affection for a character of such show is still a nice topic to discuss. Talking about how you would like your vey own pony partner in real life, talking about the personality traits that you prefer from the specific characters.

This will have to do for now ;)

Ok it took me alot of courage to do this, I have not told anyone yet, I need your advice asap!

Ok I know this is really, really weird for someone to have these emotions... But I think I am in love with Fluttershy from My little pony: Friendship is magic, please help me because I don't know what to do! I know she isn't real and it just kills me knowing I can't do anything! Please don't respond with hatefull comments because I really need help! any advice would be lovely because there isn't a day that goes by were I don't think about Fluttershy, I know she is just a drawing but I do truely love her, more then anything. Please help me! I don't know what I can do!I just want to be with her and hug her to my hearts content! even have intercourse... I know, you must think I am crazy! I think I AM crazy! I just want to be with her but I can't and it, it just kills me.

Thank you for reading.

Honestly, I feel this way about Rainbow Dash sometimes, and I feel like some people on here are really overreacting to this. I don't think you need help, I think it's just a phase and you will get over it.

I think about her everyday too. She is just so kind and loving that she can't be hated nor ignored. I think that everyone would love to hug her, but wanting to have intercourse with her IS a serious issue.

Don't worry! I will not laugh at you or anything like that. We all have some issues and I am sorta proud of you for letting someone else know about your lusting love for Fluttershy. Just try and stop thinking about her and/or MLP for a little while (Which sounds pretty frickin' hard but it's possible) and do some other things to help, like play your PS3, play football, watch TV, etc.

After a day or so, depending on whether you feel ready to tackle this love challenge, return to watching MLP again and try to relate more with the other characters. Once you stop thinking about Fluttershy the most, you should start to lose the love between you and her, which is when you know that you are 'cured'.

Hope this helps!

• Brohoof 1

Ok it took me alot of courage to do this, I have not told anyone yet, I need your advice asap!

Ok I know this is really, really weird for someone to have these emotions... But I think I am in love with Fluttershy from My little pony: Friendship is magic, please help me because I don't know what to do! I know she isn't real and it just kills me knowing I can't do anything! Please don't respond with hatefull comments because I really need help! any advice would be lovely because there isn't a day that goes by were I don't think about Fluttershy, I know she is just a drawing but I do truely love her, more then anything. Please help me! I don't know what I can do!I just want to be with her and hug her to my hearts content! even have intercourse... I know, you must think I am crazy! I think I AM crazy! I just want to be with her but I can't and it, it just kills me.

Thank you for reading.

uhh dude... I feel the exact same way.... I don't think I'm crazy. I think I'm in love. With fluttershy.

It was resolved long ago, friends. ^^

First off...nice to meet another therapist (although I am still in my last practicum/internship)

Second. As stated before there is nothing abnormal about fantasizing about a character or rather the personality of that character which is portrayed

I think this is a rather cool topic.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, i see your issue. My friend, i have had the same feelings pervade my soul before. Why isn't Equestria real, right? Its just a much more desirable place to be, with desirable friends and desirable circumstances. Why cant you be a pony? Well my friend, what you must realize is that you ARE a pony. One's outside characteristics have no say on the contents of their soul, and this is what Lauren Faust has been trying to teach us all along. We have to MAKE this world Equestria. Spread kindness wherever your hooves tread, and one day, you will find a kindred soul. She will be sweet and kind, shy and loving. She, my friend, will be your fluttershy.

This. Is one of the greatest comments on the forums.

• Brohoof 4

Why cant you be a pony? Well my friend, what you must realize is that you ARE a pony. One's outside characteristics have no say on the contents of their soul, and this is what Lauren Faust has been trying to teach us all along. We have to MAKE this world Equestria. Spread kindness wherever your hooves tread, and one day, you will find a kindred soul.

I wish people were nice and agreeing and perfect like that.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Amazing advice though. Everyone should live by your wise words.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I remember the person who was in love with Fluttershy.

Not hurting yourself or others: carry on until you find a true friend to love.

What happened to the guy that was in love with fluttershy? did he die or something? Im ibnterested because im in love with fluttershy.

But I don't want to have intercourse with her, she's just unbelievably cute. Not sexy, there's a huge difference. Just... I don't know what to say about it, really.

This is called platonic love, and it's utterly normal. You love them, in a non-sexual way. Tons of bronies do, with their favorite characters. I do the exact same thing with Rainbow, and that's exactly why I'm getting a big plush of her as soon as I can xP

What do you guys say about this, is it somewhat normal? Or is it just sick?

What's normal, really? I don't think anyone can say for sure what other people feel, since not everyone is honest about things they feel might make them sound odd. Is it sick? No, it really isn't. You're not hurting anybody, so what the hay does it matter? I guess it could be a problem if you let it consume you to the point of neglecting real life relationships, but that's an extreme case, and not really worth worrying about. I say if it makes you happy, then that's fine.

There's plenty of people here saying they feel similarly, and that it's fine. So you can be sure you're not alone in this, but the real thing to remember is that when it comes to things like this, it's your opinion that matters, not anypony else's.

Besides, Rainbow Dash is awesome! :)

• Brohoof 1

I agree with most of you here. It's fine to really like the personality of the characters of this show. That is one of things I absolutely love about the show is that the characters all have such wonderful development. There are traits in Rainbow Dash that I love as well. I find tomboys to be very attractive as well so naturally I really liked Rainbow Dash do to my preferences.

Just as long as you are not falling into an unobtainable fantasy, then I would say that it is perfectly fine to "love" a cartoon character.

Yeah, I was exploring through the deep catacombs of the live advice board, and I came across this ancient relic. So i bumped it.

This is Sugarcube Corner, not Life Advice, but okay xD

My perfect woman would be a combination of all the mane six, except rd. rainbow can be a real big jerk at times. I dont know what people see in her.

Wrong thread, maybe?
  • Brohoof 2

What happened to the guy that was in love with fluttershy? did he die or something? Im ibnterested because im in love with fluttershy.

Oh wow, that's an old post. I have no idea who he is anymore.

• 3 months later...

At first sorry for refreshing that old thread but I have lots to add to it and since the case that was given here was resolved I hope you guys won't mind as I introduce you to my perspective of that case.

I have almost exactly the same issue, I'm strongly attraced to Rainbow Dash( both mentally and phisically ) and i'm not ashamed a bit of that. That is not considered bestiality and have nothing to do with it, as it was stated in many other threads( it's like you would tell that being attracted to humans will get you invlolved with your familly in some weird relationships). I'm not hurt by being in this situation as if not being attracted to ponies i would be single anyway ( I'm right now disgusted and want to have nothing to do with majority of women). And being that ways doesn't hurt anybody (especially me). I also have that attitude, beacause 98% of the humans simply can't be compared to ponies that have some mostly treasured by us attributes and also ability to change themselves to be even better. Most people don't get bothered to even start thinking about improving themselves http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png . Often are driven by very primitive desires.

In conclusion I'm very happy to be that way and it's made me more happy then when I was into humans. I'd rather be with imaginery character that's worthy being with, then with another person simply because of fer of dying alone.

What do you guys think? I would be glad to hear some opinions on this :)

EDIT:

I also would like to metion that i already live half way in fantasy world. In reality i only eat sleep study work and meet with friends. I enjoy pleasures of the real world but it's the same big part of my life as MLP world or WoW world. I think that reality and fantasy slowly merge because most people go into fantasy world every day. At the end can something that is a huge part of your life not be real? Think about that :P

Edited by ShadowSong