Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A                                                                                      

Okay , first of all It's Okay to be a Brony.  You're really not doing anything that bad. If it makes you happy, and it's not hurting you or others, I ask you who is it really hurting?

Question number 2: Watching a Show doesn't make you gay. Being gay is what makes you gay. A lot of haters think Ponies are gay or Lame. But, you know what you are, if you don't think that they are gay or lame. Just laugh at their total knowledge and move on.

Question number 3: You said so yourself that you don't think Rainbow Dash is "Sexy"  I think that proves to me that you don't have an unhealthy obsession. We all have fictional character crushes. You seem very normal. If you went to the Extreme and thought Rainbow Dash was really sexy or Waifu or whatever then you may have a problem. But, totally normal dude.

1) it's perfectly fine to be a brony. It is simply a show and if others see it as just that they think a little better of us.

2) it does not, and never will, make you homosexual for bieng one of us

4) i like a mermaid from okamiden. You may think what you wish.

1: It's perfectly fine to be a brony.

2: No, it's not gay to be a brony AT ALL.

2.5: The word "gay" means happy, is there a problem with being happy?

3: It's completely normal to fall in love with characters in stories.

Even if 99% of men were bronies, I can guarentee that the 1% that weren't bronies would still be closed minded, so don't try to use statistics to stand up for yourself if you get bullied for watching the show.

1.) Why would it not be? We all like what we like, and if that's My Little Pony then that's what you're into. I don't see why it would be abnormal.

2.) You used "gay" as though it was an insult, so I'm not sure if you mean it as in something idiotic or actually homosexual. The former, no, and that's an offensive term. If you're actually homosexual you're only attracted to men, and that's fine, it's not like it's a bad thing as people make it out to be. Love is love. But liking a show about ponies doesn't mean you are.

3.) Infatuation and interest is different than love. It'll pass soon.

Edited by Captain Hammer
  • Brohoof 1

1. I think the over 8,000 people on this site would agree with me when I say yes. It's okay to be a Brony. Be yourself.

2. Not at all. If you're not gay, you're not gay. A tv show shouldn't make you or other people question that.

3. I wouldn't think too much of it. As long as you're not actually in love with her. (By this, mean like having dreams about her and thinking only about her.) I'm sure it'll pass eventually. Glad you're able to talk about this.

1) Of course.

2) Why would it?

3) Well, yes. It's normal to love anything from fiction. You probably love Dash a bit less then you think you do, but it's still fine.

Who am I kidding? I'm totally in love with Trixie.

mlfw5652-3242.jpg

1. Yes it is normal, especially on a site like this.

2. No, it doesn't people are trying to judge you. Ignore them.

3. Yes it is ok, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Rainbow Dash would be proud.

1) Is it okay/normal to be a brony.

2) Does being a brony make me gay.

3) is it okay/normal to be in love with a character out of MLP

Thanks-  Ollie6125

Welcome to the forum.  To answer your questions:

1.  It's perfectly normal to be a fan of a TV show. 

2.  If you were a heterosexual before you started watching MLP:FiM, you won't become gay, honest!

3.  Crushes on fictional characters are very common.  Unless it completely rules your thought life and interferes with school or other things, you'll be fine. 

1) Yes it is normal to be a brony

2) If you weren't gay before this can't change you.  

3) Actually that's fairly common.  Just don't let it take over your life.  

1. Yes. It's normal to be a fan of the best show of all time My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  

2. No. Unless...you know...your sexual preference is already the same sex. 

3. Hell yeah. 

Welcome to the herd. 

Edited by PrymeStriker

Alright, I've heard quite a lot of similar stories, so allow me to shed some light on the situation. 

It is perfectly normal to be a Brony. Entertainment can be found in any medium, no matter what the target audience. I am a 19 (almost 20) year old college student. I love comic books, video games, anime, and yes; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. If others have a problem with what I do with my spare time, they can screw themselves. 

As for the misconception of Bronies being homosexuals... Do you like ponies? You obviously do. Do you now have urges to sleep with men? If not, chances are you aren't gay. Television programming does not influence our sexuality; it is hardwired into our biological coding. If you were gay, it wouldn't matter if you watched ponies or not; you would still be gay.

And on to the falling in love with fictional characters; this is not at all uncommon. We as human beings tend to feel attachment to characters we read about, or hear about. They influence our lives, and it is perfectly normal to gain an attraction to certain personalities; despite the owner of said personality being fictional. Just don't let imaginary crushes take over your life ;)

And by the way, back off. I have dibs on Rainbow Dash :3

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

1. absolutely. 

2. maybe (see below)

3. yes

its perfectly normal to be a brony if you enjoy MLP. the show seems to be ageless when it comes to the viewer, as in kids and adults both enjoy it. 

does it make you gay? yes and no. you're into RD, who is borderline male anyway, so technically you're in love with a male stuck in a female body. hahaha, im just fucking with you. All kidding aside, liking ponies doesnt make you gay. tv shows have no direct connection to someones sexual orientation. dont over think this topic. 

and finally, yes its ok to be in love with a character. just dont let it consume your life, and remember that theres real people out there still. feel free to explore it all as you see fit. 

oh, and welcome to the herd. 

• Brohoof 1

Correction: Your in love with the qualities and personality of Rainbow Dash. Alot of people often miss that. The animators and writers do such a good job putting the personality into the character we take it as if they're real living beings. Unfortunately that's not the case but im sure they're actual people with Rainbow Dash like personalities and that's what you should look for when or if your looking for a love

interest.

1. Not at all there's nothing wrong with being a fan of a show that's sort positive.

2. No watching a show about female ponies doesn't make you gay.

3. Yeah it's normal I won't be a hypocrite and say it's wrong because 90% of people who watch anime often have a anime crush. Hell I love Fluttershy just don't go extreme with it.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

1.) I'm not sure. Could you define normal for me? Because I'm pretty sure I don't want to be that. If you want to be normal, go for Jersey Shore.

2.) Yes, in fact, MLP makes people very gay. As in merry, happy, cheerfull, in good mood... 

Oh, you mean as in homosexual. No. Sexual orientation is something you already have, not something you catch when people sneeze or get after watching a show.

3.) It's not, because I'm bigger, badder and older than you and I was there first.

Edited by Jessper

1. Eeeeyyyup I've loved MLP since July 2012, and don't plan on stopping anytime since.

2. Nnnoppppe. I'm asexual, not gay.

3. Nnnoppppe. We all have our fictional crushes, just like we all have our celebrity crushes. It's nothing to worry about as long it doesn't get out of hand. Besides, I feel the same way about Twilight.

Edited by ThatSpiritofChaos

1) It's perfectly fine to be a brony. It's an amazing show.

2) No, it doesn't make you gay.

3) I'm sure its normal, I'm in love with Rainbow Dash too! :D

I've forgotten if this is in the welcoming plaza, but if it is, Welcome to the herd.

• Brohoof 1

Let me tell you something my friend, being a Brony is awesome as long as you can handle it with care and here's what I mean...

Don't shove it down other peoples throats (I accidentally did this once and I'm really regretting it :( )

Liking the show DEFINITELY does not make you gay or homo. Most people use those terms just because they really don't know how to react to it or are just plain stupid (mostly the latter :P )

And,

I'm in love with Princess Luna so there's really nothing wrong with having a crush on a character in the show :)

1) Of course it's ok to be a brony. We number in the millions. Bronies produce gigs upon gigs of art, music, literature, video, and animation per day. A fan-made game could likely be featured at EVO2013.

http://broniesforgood.org/ < Their logo is also sitting at the bottom of the world, on the marker marking the South Pole.

Still not convinced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ohnuyqJyEW0

2) No, watching MLP:FiM doesn't make you gay. Sexual orientation is deep-rooted in your psyche, it's hard-wired into you. A television show will not, and cannot suddenly change your sexuality.

3) Why not? Ever since humans have been weaving stories people have been falling in love with their characters. MLP is no different. As long as you keep everything in check, there's nothing wrong with having a crush. I've got a few MLP crushes myself (Dashie included :)).

Edited by StratoPegasus

1. I wouldn't say it's normal but you definitely not alone.

2. That absolutely doesn't ensure you being gay

3. meh, that's not really my place to put my opinion out there.  But i'd think it's fine you have a special connection to one character in particular (i'm like that way a little with twilight sparkle)

Admittedly, given that you're asking on "mlpforums.com," there's no way you're getting unbiased answers :D.

That said --

1)  Well, of course!  It's a constructive community built around an excellent TV show.

2)  ...Pretty sure it doesn't. Evidence:  I am a Brony; I'm reasonably certain regarding my own orientation/lack thereof/&c.

3)  Yes, but only if it's Rarity.

(Yeah, for pretty much anypony, but I'd advise not taking it too far.  Remember -- no matter how hard we wish, talking ponies remain fictional.)

• Brohoof 1

Hi! *hug* At last you've come to the right place :)

Let's get to the point

1) No! You aren't normal if you like MLP and you're a brony. You're something more, you're someone better. It's a burden to carry but I think you'll be able to handle it. You may have some trouble for that, but remember that it's sure worth it, and you're right not bullies ;)

2) Ehm that what people tell you about sexuality here, isn't all true and it sure can change for many reasons. But watching MLP doesn't usually make people gay, if they weren't before. Ask yourself, if you like men "that" way, and you'll know ;)

3) Yeah sure! It's your personal choice what you'll do with it next. Let me tell you that by falling in love with somepony so valuable you're showing more sanity and positive signs, than most teens :lol:

Welcome to the herd!

BTW: What do you all mean by keeping it safe, not going too far, being a big issue, getting out of hand, and such? Just being curious what could that mean?

1) Is it okay/normal to be a brony.

2) Does being a brony make me gay.

3) is it okay/normal to be in love with a character out of MLP

1) It's a television show, of course it's normal. It's out of the ordinary but it's just a show.

2) Watching a television show does not make you attracted to the same sex.

3) Yes, lots of people are attracted to the ponies, mainly because of their deep character development and how they act and look.

2nd question was kind of stupid to be honest. -_-

Basically a common sense question....

Edited by ~Wubs~

1) That's a rhetorical question, don't ya think? mlp-asquint.png

2) I still don't see how watching MLP makes you gay. Being attracted to the same sex does. So no. mlp-twut.png

3) Of course not, i'm "in love" with Octavia. We all have our crushes with the characters. mlp-octavia.png

Trust me, i'm 13 and I barely encounter any kind of bullying.

Also, it may be the personality of RD you like rather than her body image.

Hope you feel better now. mlp-tteehee.png

1. Being a brony is only abnormal because society has made an arbitrary judgment that it is, don't let others tell you how to think "normal" is overrated anyway.

2. No, most bronies polled identify as heterosexual and that is the case for yours truly as well. There are bronies and non bronies who are gay and vice versa.

3. It is normal to have crushes on characters, just remember that they are fictional characters which I know sounds like a let down but the good news is all fictional characters have some aspects from real people so in a way they take a life of their own.