Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Going to start making a pony plushie!

Octavia's Cellozoid

I think I might try making a plushie, but I'm not sure who of. any ideas? (keep in ming it'll only be like 5 inches or so tall)

......OCTAVIA IS BEST PONY!!!!! Make two plushies of her and send one to me! :3
  • Brohoof 1

I'd totally pay y'all for a pony plushy! :wub:

Yay! Now.. uh, I think 2 (?) people have said they'd pay for a/multiple pony plushie(s)!!! :D

That's very true, tavi without her cello is like vinyl without her wubs

I would Brohoof this a thousand time if I could!:D

......OCTAVIA IS BEST PONY!!!!! Make two plushies of her and send one to me! :3

We'll see how good they are....

I just realized I already answered this... Epic Fail!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

awesome. Good luck on your plushie. So you were looking for tips and info. I will tell you what I know.

First what materials are you going to use? Most of the best quality plushies use minky but it is kind of expensive and limited on colors compared to the next most common of blizzard fleece or anitpill fleece. A good site for minky http://minkydelight.com/ and Joanns or another fabric shop will work for fleece. I waited til there was a sale to get mine.

Next what about the eyes/cutie mark. Embroidered looks really nice but you have to have a machine or buy them from someone who does like 'e the pony' who is relatively cheap to purchase from unless you want to try hand embroidery which took me a whole day from sun up to sun down to do just the eyes though I was pretty new at it so you might be able to do it faster. You can do appliques which are supposedly cheaper and look ok. You can just do fabric with a heavy boarder which can look pretty good too.

Next do you have a pattern. There are some free ones online but I was not a fan of most of them. I took an old blanket and created a few frankenponies before I got a pattern I was happy with. I suggest doing some type of pattern testing beforehand so you dont waste fabric unless you are an excellent seamstress then its up to you.

Also dont sell yourself cheap. Your time is valuable and I know plushies can take a long time to make.

Well good luck and keep us updated so we can see how you're doing. :)

Edited by StarStep

awesome. Good luck on your plushie. So you were looking for tips and info. I will tell you what I know.

First what materials are you going to use? Most of the best quality plushies use minky but it is kind of expensive and limited on colors compared to the next most common of blizzard fleece or anitpill fleece. A good site for minky http://minkydelight.com/ and Joanns or another fabric shop will work for fleece. I waited til there was a sale to get mine.

Next what about the eyes/cutie mark. Embroidered looks really nice but you have to have a machine or buy them from someone who does like 'e the pony' who is relatively cheap to purchase from unless you want to try hand embroidery which took me a whole day from sun up to sun down to do just the eyes though I was pretty new at it so you might be able to do it faster. You can do appliques which are supposedly cheaper and look ok. You can just do fabric with a heavy boarder which can look pretty good too.

Next do you have a pattern. There are some free ones online but I was not a fan of most of them. I took an old blanket and created a few frankenponies before I got a pattern I was happy with. I suggest doing some type of pattern testing beforehand so you dont waste fabric unless you are an excellent seamstress then its up to you.

Also dont sell yourself cheap. Your time is valuable and I know plushies can take a long time to make.

Well good luck and keep us updated so we can see how you're doing. :)

Will do. I won't try to sell myself cheap, but they might not look great. Also, I have a lot of expirience with both handsewing and machine sewing, so i think I'll be ok on that. I found a free pattern online that I emailed myself tyhe link to, I might try the complicated parts with some old fabric first, though.

Thanks for the tips, they'll help a lot!!

I've bought a plushie for around $100 USD, I can take a picture of it and upload it if anypony wants to see it but I can't do it now since I'm somewhere else away from home on a holiday and I won't be going back for another two weeks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've bought a plushie for around $100 USD, I can take a picture of it and upload it if anypony wants to see it but I can't do it now since I'm somewhere else away from home on a holiday and I won't be going back for another two weeks.

oh, yes please do. It would be great to know how much mine can go for by comparrison when I'm done!

Ugh... Waiting on allowance to start creating, as I DON'T HAVE the fabric yet... I'm so impatient! ^_^

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

I really enjoy seeing plushies made of the characters they seem to turn out very good. I soo want to get one myself.

My dad says I can open an Etsy shop, so I will most likely be selling them, assuming my Derpy looks nice.

My dad says I can open an Etsy shop, so I will most likely be selling them, assuming my Derpy looks nice.

That's pretty neat to hear, at this rate MLP:FiM might be positively helping the world economy :D. I am all for that.

That's pretty neat to hear, at this rate MLP:FiM might be positively helping the world economy :D. I am all for that.

So am I! It would be great.

If it's good, I want a RD plush. But that's ONLY if I like the outcome of your first edition. But all in all, I wish you luck, cousin. :)

Dad says I should only take a few commissions, along with stocking a shop.

If that happens, everypony needs to keep in mind that whoever asks first will most likely be the one to buy it, unless you pay first or something.

So I got the head attached to the body, and it's stuffed, but one problem. ITS SPRAWLED OUT ( you know, not standing). My fix: Use thread to limit how sprawled out the legs are.

Now, I must add Derpy's ears, wings, mane and tail.

if you ever do OC's I would love to see one of Mellow and Cotton but I think what your doing is a good idea and I cant wait to see how your first one turns out! hope you do well :)

Okay, I'm here for my sis.

She says feel free to critisize, as she will be happy to getr feedback, good and bad.

anyway, here's the pics (NOTICE Derpy is currently missing her wings and tail)

post-4258-0-80306100-1343849759_thumb.jpg

post-4258-0-00658900-1343849775_thumb.jpg

post-4258-0-07509200-1343849790_thumb.jpg

Lol some of these (probably all) are all upsidedown.

DERPY IS TOO COOL FOR GRAVITY, that's pretty cool how derpy is done :D. I want one soooooo badddddd >.<

I am working on getting a few good pics of THE TOTALLY FINISHED Derpy, and starting the second ( another Derpy, as I was being stupid and bought a half yard of BOTH mane/tail and base colors... SILLY ME!! xD)